• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magloire traded to Bucks

KB21

• Moderators

I'm seeing the pick listed as unconditional. NO already figured out they were going nowhere this season. They wanted to get rid of Magloire anyway and got a great pick and mason out of the deal. Magloire wasn't going to make the difference for the Hornets this year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

With Joe Smith and his injured Knee.

Toni Kukoc injured all the time.

and Bobby Simmons (not really a PF)..

I think this was a move that will tighten up Milwaukee's frontline. I think Bogut will be used as a Laettner/Duncan type 4. I don't think he's nearly as dominant as his hype made him out to be and may spend time on the bench watching Toni/Gadzuric run the PF position for a while.

They were already saying he will not be starting (he said that himself last week after Terry informed him of it) at first but that was before this trade. All the way thru the JR, Real Olympic games and right up until Bogut's sophomore year he was projected as a power forward. He put on twenty pounds before his sophomore year and its been center only by all the so called experts.

This is going to be interesting to watch and just a FYI, Bogut had his best game at center last night with 16 and 7.

Quote:

He definitely has flop potential..

This past draft definitely has the ability to be the weakest since 2000 when you had Martin, Swift, Miles, Fizer, Miller, Johnson, Mihm as the top 7.

I agree to a point. Bogut and Marvin were pretty much it as far as no brainer top two picks. But would you not agree that 15 and 10 is a solid pick in a weak draft like this. Especially if he can really play PF and Center for you?

Just get a picture in your mind of 6' 9" K Mart playing center with his 15 and 9 and now get that same picture of 6' 11" Bogut with his 15 and 10, and I think you will get a better understanding of what I mean by really play PF and Center.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They were already saying he will not be starting (he said that himself last week after Terry informed him of it) at first but that was before this trade. All the way thru the JR, Real Olympic games and right up until Bogut's sophomore year he was projected as a power forward. He put on twenty pounds before his sophomore year and its been center only by all the so called experts.

They didn't draft Bogut with the expectation of him sitting the bench!

Quote:

Milwaukee had been debating whether to take Bogut or North Carolina small forward Marvin Williams with the franchise's first overall No. 1 pick since 1994, when the Bucks selected Glenn Robinson. In the end, the lure of a versatile, athletic player with Olympic experience was too much to pass up.

The Atlanta Hawks chose second and took Williams.

"We felt with Andrew, he could step in right away," Bucks general manager Larry Harris said. "We feel we could get back in the playoffs next year.
Adding the quality of Andrew Bogut, we feel we're solid in the center position."

Quote:

But would you not agree that 15 and 10 is a solid pick in a weak draft like this. Especially if he can really play PF and Center for you?

I would agree that 15/10 with a good FG% is a solid pick in a weak draft. My big problem with Bogut (aside from him not living up to the hype) is that I really think his FG% will suffer for some time because he's not facing 6'7" Centers anymore... Also, I think that his defense is suspect...Because he's not facing Slow Clods... Moving him to PF while may be best for him offensively will certainly bring out the truth on defense. What happens when he plays Atlanta and he has to keep up with Josh Smith??

I will be awaiting the Josh Smith "welcome to the NBA Mate" Poster with his nuts in Boguts face on the dunk!

• Premium Member

My thought is that the N.O. Owners really want to move the team to OK City.

I suspect they got Mason for Fan Appeal. I also believe that they will make every excuse in the world for them to move out of N.O.

• Premium Member

FYI, I've been reading some of the posts over at the Bucks' RealGM site, and there seems to be some confusion over who will start.

Coach Stotts seems to think Bogut will come off the bench, while GM Harris first thought that Bogut and Magliore would play together (one at PF).

It will be interesting to see who is left out.

Quote:

"We felt with Andrew, he could step in right away," Bucks general manager Larry Harris said. "We feel we could get back in the playoffs next year.

I don't beleive I said they drafted him to set on the bench? I beleive I said that last week he was told by Terry that he would not be starting.

Just take your time, don't get overly excited, and read slowly...

And yea, that may be one game I make a trip to Atlanta to see. Both number one picks on the floor at the same time and our Hawks taking it to the HOUSE!

• Premium Member

Wow:

Quote:

Harris said he didn't start working on the trade until last Monday. Harris said he read an article about the Hornets possibly being willing to deal Magloire on Hoopshype.com, a popular basketball Web site. Harris then contacted Hornets officials and the parties became exploring different trade scenarios.

Quote:

Wow:

Quote:

Harris said he didn't start working on the trade until last Monday. Harris said he read an article about the Hornets possibly being willing to deal Magloire on Hoopshype.com, a popular basketball Web site. Harris then contacted Hornets officials and the parties became exploring different trade scenarios.

That's amazing. A damn website article gets a multimillon dollar trade started. Jeez

• Premium Member

At the number of GM/Owners/and team officials (VPs and such) that visit websites to get the pulse of the fans and to get leaks. I mean it's really what keeps Sam Smith and Vecsey in business.

However, it makes you wonder how many of the Hawks upper management is reading Hawksquawk.

Did you notice the props giving to Hawksquawk on nba.com? Did you notice we have an owners who checks in from time to time? I would think that there's a bunch of lurking GMs on websites...

• Premium Member

Diesel Says....Best 4/5 combos in the league...

1. Shaq/Walker

2. Dalembert/Webber

3. Nazr/Duncan

4. Wallace/Wallace

5. Miller/Shareef

6. Brezec/Okafor

7. Dampier/Dirk

8. Kaman/Brand

9. Heywood/Jamison

10. Olowakhandi/KG

11. Foster/Oneal

12. Ming/Swift

13. Cato/Howard

14. Zaza/Al

15. Magloire/Bogut

Honorable Mention: Brown/Odom, Curry/Lee, Chandler/Songalia

but not offensively. Bogut and Magloire have the potential to be a terrific scoring pair. Not to mention they should dominate on the glass as well.

We will see how these guys rate once (if) they are on the court together as the 4/5 on a regular basis.

• Moderators

Quote:

Diesel Says....Best 4/5 combos in the league...

1. Shaq/Walker

3. Nazr/Duncan

4. Wallace/Wallace

7. Dampier/Dirk

10. Olowakhandi/KG

5. Miller/Shareef

6. Brezec/Okafor

12. Ming/Swift

11. Foster/Oneal

8. Kaman/Brand

2. Dalembert/Webber

9. Heywood/Jamison

13. Cato/Howard

15. Magloire/Bogut

14. Zaza/Al

Honorable Mention: Brown/Odom, Curry/Lee, Chandler/Songalia

That is how I would change your list but it is pretty subjective. I just looked at which pair I'd rather have for the 2005-06 season.

• Premium Member

1. Shaq/Walker

3. Nazr/Duncan

4. Wallace/Wallace

7. Dampier/Dirk

10. Olowakhandi/KG

5. Miller/Shareef

6. Brezec/Okafor

12. Ming/Swift

11. Foster/Oneal

8. Kaman/Brand

2. Dalembert/Webber

9. Heywood/Jamison

13. Cato/Howard

15. Magloire/Bogut

14. Zaza/Al

I will tell you, I thought about moving both Dampier Dirk and KG/Olowakhandi up, but both Damp and Khandi are suspect. I also question Swift. I think Dalembert/Webber will be a force. Like you said Subjective. However, you have to look at Dalembert/Webber as complete. Both offensive Dalembert Defensive. Both good rebounders. I think with the right coach there now, people will be amazed by Philly's ability.

• Moderators

You can tell from my list I favor a true superstar and another body over a pair of good players. I don't like the Webber Dally combo because I think Webber will continue to struggle in Philly. Daly might blow up some this year, though. They could move up but I am now expecting continuing problems with Webber which really lowers them in my eyes.

• Premium Member

You really have to recognize that Webber's problem was not Iverson but was OBrein trying to play Webber like he was Antoine Walker. With Mo. Cheeks as his new coach, you will see a definite change in how they play and what they do...