• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress needs to be traded!

jumpshot

We need to see what kind of PF / C we can get for him. I've never seen a worse release in the NBA. It hurts me to watch him shoot a jumper. He is a good player inside and plays some defense, but he is not a shooting guard. JJ may not be a PG, but he can take the place of Childress.

after the pre-season opener where even Marvin looked better than him?

Now many are saying he has a shot to make the all-star team this year, and has proven to be the best player on this team(as of now).

Of course Jason Richardson is going to take Chillz to school all night, Richardson is more athletic, has a good shot, and has more experience.

At the end of last year, Chillz was just spectacular. Why let one NBA game at the beginning of the season, against a team with maybe the best backcourt in the nba, influence you to think a second year player who averaged double figures in scoring his rookie season, needs to be gone?

how is it stupid?

he put up 14.5ppg over THIRTY games to end last season

he also did close to 8rpg in that time

his fg% WAS better than some of lebron,kobe,tmac,vince (dont remember which ones) and close to the ones that beat him

there is nothing that is unrealistic that i said, considering he did pretty much what i said over 30 games last season in his rookie year

• Premium Member

Maybe it's just me, but 15/8/2/2 isn't that impressive when you either miss or avoid any shot more than 6 feet from the goal AND the guy you're guarding puts up 25 pts.

Still, I would hold off on trading Childress until the JJ experiment totally fails.

• Premium Member

We disagree, and have for a while.

He's a good energy player and rebounder, but he's not fast/strong enough to be a shut-down defender and doesn't shoot well enough to be an offensive spark plug.

Until one or both of those two facets improve, he would be best served by coming off the bench. However, he's currently the best SG who isn't Joe Johnson, so he'll start.

I know this was only one game, but I was hoping to see a little more from Chill.

I thought that he was slow in making his moves to the basket and on many occaisions had his shot blocked. Also, I noticed that his lack of size became a serious liability on defense.

At the same time you have to keep in mind that he is a second year player trying to fill starter shoes. Neither he nor Smoove are ready. MWill may be more ready.

I think what Childress and JSmoove did late last season is pretty much meaningless..With Harrington hurt, Walker traded, and them getting huge minutes they put up ok numbers along with Lue..Any NBA team is gonna average 80 points a game and someone has to score them..Childress is a decent player. I just don't see anything thing in his game that says he will ever be an above average 2 guard..He simply cannot guard most NBA 2's and his offense is lacking for the position..All that being said, unless we could get excellent return for him it is way too early to give up on a number 6 pick.

Nicholas is the only person talking with some sense on this board.

Are you people serious? You're ready to toss the Hawks under the bus and trade Childress AFTER ONE GAME? To me, that game last night was a complete fallacy. The Hawks got outscored 27 - 2 in a 7 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter last night.

27 - 2

Now are we supposed to believe that this team is THAT BAD?

As far as Childress goes, he'll have to put up about 10 subpar nights for me to want to trade him. Hardly anybody shuts down J-Rich, so I knew Chill wouldn't.

Just calm down people. Let this team play about 10 games or so, before making some extreme judgement.

Quote:

how is it stupid?

he put up 14.5ppg over THIRTY games to end last season

he also did close to 8rpg in that time

his fg% WAS better than some of lebron,kobe,tmac,vince (dont remember which ones) and close to the ones that beat him

there is nothing that is unrealistic that i said, considering he did pretty much what i said over 30 games last season in his rookie year

Oh my bad, I didnt mean your post was stupid. I ment the original post was. The guy probobly thought we have a shot at the playoffs or somthing because Chill is gana be so vital to our fututre.

Quote:

As far as Childress goes, he'll have to put up about 10 subpar nights for me to want to trade him. Hardly anybody shuts down J-Rich, so I knew Chill wouldn't.

Agreed. Our problem is not Chilz. We need to have our best players on the court in order to be at least competitive. That did not happen last night.

As long as JJ and Al are only getting 30 minutes a night we are going to be horrible...end of story. We want 30 wins they need to play 35 or more minutes a game. You put Chilz out there without Al and JJ, you are just setting him up to fail.

I have not posted on the board a lot but I do read through and I see Childress as having the same problems Smooth has. Both of their outside shots are weak and they seem to disappear for LONG stretches. Chills does crash the O.boards but he often fumbles his offensive rebounds away. When he drives to the lane, he fumbles the ball. His hands seem kind of buttery to me... or stones. I never understood why Chills was drafted so high, so maybe I hold this against him but being that he was, I expect more than he is giving. He was suppose to be NBA ready being that he played a few years in college

All the negativity...for a second I thought I wandered onto the Falcons' Board by accident.

One game and we're dumping guys already. Stop acting like this was a championship caliber team over the past decade. Give the team some time to gel with the new starters. Let's talk trades after 30 games at least.

One thing I will say is that when JJ is open, he should shoot it, no question. He has a great stroke and should not hesitate. Looked like he was trying not to piss anyone off the other night. Would also like to see Slim get going.