• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Thing Different Day!!!!!!!!

LastDon

It very depressing when you are a loyal fan of a franchise that is not making any improvement. I'm very disappointed that we endured an entire season of losing last year because we didn't have a PG and C and find ourselves back in the same situation. We had an opportunity to pick from probably the best "TRUE" point guard draft ever and took another SF.

Don't get me wrong I luv Marvin but I just don't understand the rationale behind stocking ourselves with a bunch of wing players. I HATE BILLY KNIGHT AND HIS STUPID DECISIONS!!!

Billy Knight gave up on Demarr Johnson too early and Drafted Boris Diaw who is a bust as well as broke up the team of Reef,Dog,JT,Theo that probably would have been playoff contenders the next season.

The only thing we have on this team is SFs and salary cap and I look forward to us taking another 3 this year in the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a flawed team that has too many players that need to take shots to be productive. Lue,Johnson,Al,Zaza,Smooth,Salim all need shots to be productive as a result you have guys like Childress and Marvin who game have suffered from trying to be team players.

• Moderators

We aren't losing because of our lack of PG or C. In fact we have a pretty good center. We are losing because we don't have as much talent as other teams, we don't have as much experience as other teams, and our coaching is not effective right now. If we had Bogut and Paul on our team right now we'd probably still be 0-whatever.

BK is assembling talent and talent can be traded for need. Its frustrating sure but you can't start a team from scratch and have it winning in 2 years. In the last 2 drafts we have what most people would agree are 4 legitimate nba players if not starters.

My biggest problem is that BK hired a good friend to coach. How hard will it be to let him go. I'm not saying he deserves to be fired (yet), but if he doesn't get these guys playing better this season then he should go.

I think our experience level is so low that it causes major problems. We don't have anyone on the team that is over thirty. I think drafting Marvin was a good move, but I do agree we still need a PG and a PF / C. The way we are playing another lottery pick is coming our way and we still have money to add free agents. Hopefully we can land both for next year with trades, free agency, and lottery pick. For now lets watch the Hawks improve this year or Woody should be fired.

Right now it is definitely tough to stay optimistic. I am just hoping to see some signs of progress with a few players.

Most importantly I am watching Marvin and Smith. I want to see if that combo will actually work as a 3/4. I think it can but I need to see more of them together to really make a judgment.

Marvin looks so good when he catches and shoots quickly but I want to see the rest of his game. He also has very good speed for his size and doesn't turn it over. When the Bucks worked him out they said that they were surprised how advanced his post moves are. He just needs to get more minutes and be prodded to shoot more.

Josh Smith, in spite of his obvious flaws, has a ton of potential. He is 11th in the league in blocks playing only 24 minutes a game. When I have seen him guarding other 4s one on one he holds his ground well. He is susceptible to pump fakes and frequently forgets to box out but he definitely has the potential to be a legit interior defender. Offensively......sigh. Definitely a lot of work needed.

I think with us spending such a high Lottery pick on Marvin and also realizing that Joe Johnson is a 2 that Childress is definitely the odd man out. Smooth with all of his weaknesses is the team only shot blocker and for that along he will continue to be apart of the team!!!!

• Moderators

Quote:

as well as broke up the team of Reef,Dog,JT,Theo that probably would have been playoff contenders the next season.

I am thinking you were going to be disappointed either way with that one. No way were they going to be playoff contenders with that squeezably soft lineup. None of those players other than JT has really played better since the team was broken up and several have become progressively worse.