• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Harrington for Channing Frye?

I just read on Hoopshype that the only way Billy Knight will deal Harrington to the Knicks is for Channing Frye. Personally, I am all for that. If we can get Frye and draft a guy like Tiago Splitter or LaMarcus Aldridge we could have the best yong frontcourt in basketball. Not to mention we could still have enough money to sign a PG like Sam Cassell in the offseason.

I want Cassell bad, many of you think that he is a selfish player, but those same people are the ones saying we need a vocal leader. That is exactly what Cassell is doing with the Clippers, leading a young team to a winning season. I'd like him to do the same here.

Starters:

Cassell

Johnson

Smith

Frye

Splitter/Aldrige

Bench:

Childress

Pachulia

Williams

Stoudamire

Lue

I like that team a lot. An absolutly outstanding mix of young guys and veturans.

I dont' get how the other night I was watching the Hawks game and they were talking about the All-Star Game. They were telling folks to vote for their favorite Hawks and they said the Hawks you could choose from for voting were JJ, Al, and Smoove. How was ZaZa not included in that? He's putting up very good #'s. I don't think any of them are putting up "All-Star" caliber #'s, but he should have been included in the mix. I know it's turned into a popularity contest, but it just didn't make sense to me. Anyway, If the Knicks would do it, I'd be all over that trade, but w/ Curry's health issues, I don't see them doing that deal. He had a monster game the other night starting for Curry. I'd like to see both ZaZa and Frye on the floor at the same time.

• Premium Member

...this might actually work.

NY can only acquire Harrington IF the Hawks agree to a S&T. I think there's about a 1% chance Al would turn down more $ from the Hawks or Bulls to go there.

Clearly, both the Bulls and the Knicks have interest. Knight is using the Knicks' interest to drive up the trading deadline price.

Pretty smart gamble IMO, because even if Al signs with Chicago in the offseason, the Hawks have the #2 pick in the draft to replace him.

I wonder if Isaiah would ever give in...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Frye is a legit ROY candidate. Does anyone really think they would trade him for Harrington? wtf

1. He's their only real trading chip (unless David Lee or Nate Robinson do something for you), and they've incredibly underachieved so far.

2. They also have some $100M poured into James + Curry, so they have the replacements.

3. Frye is not going to win the ROY. He's averaging 14/6, which is nice, but not Chris Paul sensational.

Regardless, the Hawks would have to take back some yucky salary in addition to Frye, which would make the deal more even.

It really just depends on how bad Isaiah wants Al Harrington, who'd immediately become their 2nd option IMO.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think it may be a tad premature to say Paul has the ROY locked up.

He could get injured I guess.

I don't think the Knicks would give up Frye, but I don't think it's THAT uneven of a deal once you consider that Mo Taylor would likely be coming back Atlanta's way, eating up their available cap space in the process.

• Premium Member

that trade happens. No team is that stupid. Why would you trasde a young up and coming possible ROY candidate for a tweener player that plays NO defense.

That would be like the Hawks tradidng Josh Smith to Cleveland for Donyel Marshall!

Come on now lets get back to reality.

Quote:

Have you watched any NO games? I have. Paul does a good job running the offense but is struggling trying to shoot over taller players. He is shooting 42% even though he is a very good shooter and rarely forces shots.

Frye is shooting 50% and in fact has scored 20 in 5 of the past 7 games. If Frye keeps getting big minutes he is at least an even money bet against Paul to win the ROY.

• Premium Member

LB has too much love for Frye... Big Defensive C...

Many of you said he was "soft"... Ha...

Here's what I see.

If it were just us and Zeke at the dealing table, Seeking would pull this deal:

Frye/Rose to Us for Delk/Harrington.

When you're talking about the land of Bad contracts, that's NY. However, lately, they have made some very good picks.. (Isiah).

With Larry B in control, I think he'd rather change the terms to:

QRich for Al straight up.

You would think Crawford, but LB has been playing Crawford.. QRich has been getting NO Love in NY.

What I believe will happen

Is that NY will trade Rose for Patterson and it will end their Sf hole... (i don't know why they don't play Ariza)...

I think Qrich continues to sit the bench with LB making excuses for not playing him.

I think that LB adopts a Nate/Marbury Backcourt and use Crawford off the bench the way he used Snow/AI/McKie...

I think Channing remains in NY and LB makes him his version of Theo with way less blocks and better rebounding.

Quote:

Quote:

Have you watched any NO games? I have. Paul does a good job running the offense but is struggling trying to shoot over taller players. He is shooting 42% even though he is a very good shooter and rarely forces shots.

Frye is shooting 50% and in fact has scored 20 in 5 of the past 7 games. If Frye keeps getting big minutes he is at least an even money bet against Paul to win the ROY.

42% for a rookie guard is pretty good. I wish JJ hit 42% of his shots. Heck, is Salim hitting 42% of his shots?