• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sigh

capstone21

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just goes to show that Al + JJ is not enough.

The Hawks need to acquire another veteran starter before this gets any worse...

Al had 7 turn-overs in this game so part of the problem is his inability to avoid senseless turn-overs.

every one of our losses this year has been the result of not playing 48 minutes. I am sick of seeing them play hard for 36-40 minutes and just slacking off the rest of them. I hate seeing close losses (especially due to ref calls) as much as anyone here, but I really dont want to see the team win if they arent playing for 48 minutes because that would send the message that they dont have to give it their all and unfortunately we have seen we just arent good enough for that.

What we need more than anything is some hard ass defenders and people that will keep the team playing with emotion from start to finish. We need someone like a Bruce Bowen or Shane Battier, someone who isnt a star but busts his ass playing defense every minute they are in the game. We also desperately need a PG who can lead the team. Unforunately the trade deadline just cant get here quick enough.

• Premium Member

I'll avoid turning this into a 'piss and moan' session, but what other teams' fans in pro sports puts up with this kind of crap?

As fans, we deserve better than 15-82.

That's 82 losses in just 97 games. A whole season's worth of losses in the last 13 months.

Shoot me now.

BK and Woody need to be held accountable for this mess..Rebuilding does not automatically mean you have to awful season after season.BK for putting it together and Woody for being a bonehead coach,,IE , not having Salim in the game for that last shot attempt..At least have all your best options available..Why would Lue and Chillz be on the floor for a last shot attempt?.At least Salim and Marvin can shoot..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Rebuilding does not automatically mean you have to awful season after season.

I'd be happy with awful. This is historically bad.

Quote:

Why would Lue and Chillz be on the floor for a last shot attempt?.At least Salim and Marvin can shoot..

Agreed. It's not like there was time for Childress to get the rebound and put it back.

And not having Smith in on the previous play? Bizarre.

On a more positive note JJ was a monster tonight. As Hawks fans we aren't used to seeing one of our players being simply too good for the other team to handle.

Harrington's 7 turnovers and Lue's weak legs were the reason for the loss. If Lue is 100% there is no way he goes 1 for 6. He was 8-14 from 3 before tonight. Six assists and no turnovers are a welcome sight though.

Early last seaon Al was out of control in the lane a lot and that caused a lot of his turnovers. I thought he got better as the season wore on. However tonight he had a relapse. Maybe he was too anxious to take advantage of their weak D.

And to top it off in the 4th quarter in the New Orleans game chris paul has 14 pts 8 asst 5 rebounds and thye are just starting the quarter.Seems every night paul is making the hawks look bad for not taking him.

I think the league needs to give the hawks rondo and greg oden autmoatically the next 2 drafts.Hard to cheer when you continue to see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote:

but the total lack of interior defense was the reason for the loss..Bosh and CV had their way..Al is a horrible defender..

How did you like the inbounds play where Al let Bosh get right underneath the rim for a dunk? Bosh just waltzed in there without a pick.

I am realistic about their defense. With Lue, Al and Childress playing big minutes they won't be any good on D. However they can be more effective on offense. Zaza isn't a good defender either but he is better than they are.

Quote:

we lose because we're a two-player team instead of a three player team...especially when one of those (al) makes some mistakes.

The Hawks need to get out of denial about the makeup of this team. We're not a shut down defensive team. We can be a decent offensive team dependin on who's on the floor and what their role in the offense is.

I'll give Lue credit tonight. While his shot was off, he did do a good job running the offense while he was in there with JJ.

But Woodson is going to have to get a 3rd scorer in this offense. And we all know who it should be. Whenever Salim is in the game, plays need to be ran for him 50% - 75% of the time. Run the pick and roll, slip screens, or set multiple picks for the guy, so that he can get his shot.

If he is to be our "Ben Gordon", he needs the same amount of shot attempts that Gordon gets, whether his shot is falling or not. 10 shots per game minimum for Salim. Perferably, 15 shots a game.

We're just going to have to use our best offensive weapons to try to outscore people, instead of trying to turn bad defensive players into decent defenders.

Salim does seem to be bothered by taller defenders, so they definitely need to run some plays for him to get some clean looks.

I think if the offense as a whole improves then that will open up more opportunities for Salim. When the ball is moving quickly the defense can only rotate so fast and Salim doesn't need much time to get his shot off.