• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WE WON!!!!!

Wurider05

- Woody's more relaxed - he got his vote of confidence and the team seems to have relaxed too.

- Positions and roles seem to be understood now - any big surprise that it took a while for the team to figure this out?

- Josh Smith is finally playing consistently with lots of effort.

- JJ's shot is falling.

But most importantly is that th team is sharing the damn ball, and some of the posts above are correct. The more Al and JJ share the ball, the more they get easier opportunities in the offense to score.

I like it a lot. I don't expect us to do anything crazy from here on out, but I expect us to finally win a few games, and I fully expect to enjoy watching these guys play TOGETHER.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a fan is about enjoying the good and the bad"

How can you enjoy the bad?

The good...Let me know when there is something to really

cheer about and a will. One win againest a team missing

nearly all it's starters isn't really something to toast

over.

Yes, they've played better lately... But I'm not going

to get overly excited until it counts for something in

the big picture. It might be happening this year, but

going by the teams history I'm going to bet againest

it.

It isn't like the Hawks have given the fans sucker shots

before.

Amen --- It is amusing how these boards view a 4 out of 5 winning streak --- we have been so condition to losing that we put are almost frightened to enjoy the wins --- instead we want to qualify the Hawks wins. I agree that regardless of all the factors a win is a win. In fact all those that are qualifying the win over the Nuggets should note that just a couple of weeks ago we would have found some way to lose to the Nuggets regardless of the number of starters or "CBA" players on the floor. What can't be denied is that the Hawks have 4 additional wins on the standings against NBA teams emphasis on NBA.

• Premium Member

Playing with injured players is a part of the game.

Nobody was qualifying our early losses when Al wasn't playing or win Zaza was sitting or when JSmoove was suspended...

It's that whole Exodus, Hots mindstate that we can't win and we shouldn't celebrate when we do?

When the truth of the matter is that if it wasn't for the bad officiating in the Philly game, we'd be riding 5 games streak looking to rip Miami a new ass.

Quote:

Nobody was qualifying our early losses when Al wasn't playing or win Zaza was sitting or when JSmoove was suspended...

It's that whole Exodus, Hots mindstate that we can't win and we shouldn't celebrate when we do?

How about if we were missing Al, Zaza, Smoove, Lue and Childress all in the same game? How would the team do? That is the Denver team we just played. I can't even remember seeing a team that short handed.

Of course I keep forgetting the fantasy world you live in precludes you from noticing the obvious.

Quote:

LOL

you go right on ahead thinking a win over a near CBA

team is of big importance.. I'll continue to be realistic.

4 out of 5 games is nothing to scoff at. And it is a huge deal considering last year's team would have lost 4 out of the 5.

People have been spending too much time on the Falcons' boards.

After the futility we have been through as fans of the Hawks in recent years, belittling a nice winning streak is just blatant negativity for the sake of being negative.

Quote:

I'm glad Shaq is playing tomorrow night. Because if he wasn't, and we happened to win, that wouldn't be a "legit" win either.

Actually it would be legit because they would still have Zo. But if they were missing Shaq, Zo, Williams, Walker, and Haslem then I might be less than impressed.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm glad Shaq is playing tomorrow night. Because if he wasn't, and we happened to win, that wouldn't be a "legit" win either.

Actually it would be legit because they would still have Zo. But if they were missing Shaq, Zo, Williams, Walker, and Haslem then I might be less than impressed.

Sorry, but you're playing in left field.

Quote:

Amen --- It is amusing how these boards view a 4 out of 5 winning streak --- we have been so condition to losing that we put are almost frightened to enjoy the wins --- instead we want to qualify the Hawks wins. I agree that regardless of all the factors a win is a win. In fact all those that are qualifying the win over the Nuggets should note that just a couple of weeks ago we would have found some way to lose to the Nuggets regardless of the number of starters or "CBA" players on the floor. What can't be denied is that the Hawks have 4 additional wins on the standings against NBA teams emphasis on NBA.

Frightened to enjoy the wins?? Probably because a 5 game

losing streak would follow this winning streak. That's the

type of thing that usally goes on.

There is no doubt that it's been a better couple of weeks,

but that doesn't change that the Hawks beat a team they

should have beaten soundly and they barely pulled it out.

• Admin

that's your mentality, and that's why it sucks. In all things, basketball, life, whatever, you assume the worst. So instead of enjoying anything for what it is, you expect the worst to be on its way. That's a depressing way to go through life. Like I said, you should try therapy. Maybe it would help you learn to enjoy...anything.

Quote:

that's your mentality, and that's why it sucks. In all things, basketball, life, whatever, you assume the worst. So instead of enjoying anything for what it is, you expect the worst to be on its way. That's a depressing way to go through life. Like I said, you should try therapy. Maybe it would help you learn to enjoy...anything.

I've discovered a new way to combat depression like you've mentioned. I'm not talking about booze and pills.

I'm talking about just booze.

Hook it up!

Quote:

Quote:

Frightened to enjoy the wins?? Probably because a 5 game

losing streak would follow this winning streak. That's the

type of thing that usally goes on.

There is no doubt that it's been a better couple of weeks,

but that doesn't change that the Hawks beat a team they

should have beaten soundly and they barely pulled it out.

So, we only beat one team over the "better couple of weeks"?