• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Artest attacks Magic

BornandDieHawks

It's in the CBA. It's like when you work for a regular company and sign a confidentiality agreement that you won't reveal any secrets. It's legal because the players' association agreed. They want to keep their problems in house

Usually, they're just fined for talking trash about the league, the officiating, or stuff like trade requests when they're under contract (threatening to not fulfill your contract).

Talking trash about a guy who is not an NBA official should not be fineable, and it probably isn't.

I almost agree with Artest, too. It's a low blow to bring his personal life into it, but who is Magic to say that he doesn't deserve a second chance in the NBA? Magic can rip him all he wants, but given the 20 or so teams that are interested in Artest around the league, it's clear that he deserves a second chance. If Roy Tarpley got 27 chances, then so goes Artest.

I totally agree with Artest on this one. For one, Magic is/was a part owner of the Lakers. What he says has some pull. He's essentially messing with Ron's livelihood with a comment like that.

All Ron did was run his mouth and ask to be traded. I've seen players in the past do that, so what makes his situation different that he doesn't deserve another shot with another team?

He didn't pull a "T.O." and bad-mouth the star player on the team, along with the coach and the entire organization.

It may have been a low blow, but I bet Magic's azz won't say anything about him anymore about not deserving to be back in the league.

Knowing Barkley though, he'll probably make a joke about Artest to Magic, forcing Magic to say something he shouldn't say.

Then Ron will fire right back at him.

I was watching TNT when Magic made the comments. I am sure when the media told Artest about it to get a rise out of him they made it more malicious than what it was...

The one thing Artest needs to keep in mind is Magic knows how the NBA works and when hey get tired of your sh*t, they will find a way to ease you out. ie Rodman