• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope you all that think we dont need a PG got to

Admin

see what a team with a good PG can do tonight. Brevin Knight isnt an elite PG, but he knows how to control the tempo and get his teammates involved in the game. While we have scored well recently its all been dependant on us making 3's and you cant live like that.

Just got back from the game. Very, very disappointing outcome. When we were up by 8 or so with a few minutes I really felt like we had it in the bag. After a timeout, our offense just goes to shambles again. I have no idea why Lue and Harrington were in on Defense for that last possession. It should have been: Ivey / JJ / Childress / Smith / Pachulia, IMO. At the end of the game, Harrington spent 5 seconds getting the ball to Childress of all folks. No reason why Stoudamire nor JJ touch the ball with 7 seconds left. I agree Dolfan, we do need a PG. Brevin Knight killed us tonight. We got beat by scrubs. That really aggrivates me. Looks like our team saw that Okafor and May weren't playing and didn't bring their game.

Well said. The loss will likely stir up trade talks again. Saw this one on RealGM.com, pushing Gordon as a pg.

I am a Heat fan and a long time Nique' fan. Beforrae you jump down my throat on so called trolling on your board, this is a legit trade which has nothing to do with my Heat.

Bulls Trade

Ben Gordon pg

Daruis Songalia PF

2nd rd draft pick

for

Hawks Trade

Al Harrington SF/PF

I think this trade addresses two key positions for the Hawks. Ben is going to be a great pg he just needs the time and to start. Can you believe that he does not start for the Bulls. I know Hinrich and Duhon are good but Gordon has superstar written all over him. I see a great future between Ben Gordon, Joe Johnson, and eventually Marvin Williams. Songalia gives you guys a big to add to your bench. Or trade out him with Sweetney. Either way this is a no brainer trade for both teams. Al addresses the need for a more proven scorer for the Bulls, which they are looking for. Thoughts.

• Premium Member

Everybody remembers the last shot on Al...

But I will telll you what, if you watched the game, you saw it. Every time Al left the game and Marvin was in the game, we gave up Leads and Points.

Marvin just fouls, fouls, fouls and plays like he doesn't care. He's the biggest waste I have ever seen..

Marvin in the game, Al out from the first to the 2nd... Charlotte builds a 9 point lead.

Al comes back in, Atlanta comes back, goes up by 5.

Marvin comes back in...

Atlanta down by 1.

Al comes back, Atlanta up again by 5 then 8.

Marvin In, this time, he fouls on his first 2 defensive possession. He stops everything that Salim and Al and JJ had worked building.. We're up by 2 but we've lost momentum...

Then the refs just starts handing Charlotte the game.

They fouled Smoove, no call.

Even on the block by Gerald.. YOu can't tell me that there was no contact...

But the biggest was when Al drove on the next to last possession..

He was pushed on the drive and then he was murdered under the goal.. NO CALL???

What kind of foolishness is that????

Al could have easily been called for an offensive foul on that possession.

Yes Marvin was fouling like crazy and he wasnt going after loose balls like I would expect from him, but we were able to hold and actually build the lead in the 4th quarter with him in their, mostly because of Chillz and Salim though.

• Premium Member

Well, after Salim scored 2 times in a row (Chillz steal) to send us up by 8, Marvin fouls to get us back to 2...

About what I consider the important play.

Al, starts his dribble, he gets pushed in the back by whoever that was guarding him.. Then when he goes up for the Dunk/layup, the defender jumped into him. Basketball is simple, if you jump into a player, that's a foul.

That's the second time that Wallace had committed a body foul on an Al drive with no call. The first was on his "block". Yes, he got all ball on the block, but the rest of it was a huge collision...

Dude... Somebody gotta make a call.

Quote:

Brevin Knight killed us tonight. We got beat by scrubs. That really aggrivates me.

I dunno about scrubs jezmund...Brevin Knight looked like an all-star out there! How does a 5'10" PG get wide open 15 footers so easily (kidding)...Hawks defense was still on holiday last night.

I remember thinking during our "monster three" game (when Al and JJ were knocking them down) that it's great when they are dropping but hopefully the guys won't fall in love with them too much. Alas...

Early in the game I said to myself, "We are not a jumpshooting team, what are we doing?". We didn't attack their defense enough. Come on, Brevin and Raymond in at the same time means that someone needs to be driving to the basket or posting someone up. How about Al Harrington getting stuffed at the basket? What's the deal with Al trying to get layups and having them thrown back at him. Why not try to actually get to the rim. It is almost like he is trying to prove that he can be a finesse player and it is making him look soft.

Yeah...I haven't followed AL closely for all that long but he seems like kind of an enigma. Some nights he's got all the moves working and taking it to the rim, and others he just settles for jumpers. Maybe it's the matchups or the defenses.

I also read somewhere that his knees are troublesome so it could come down to how they are feeling on a particular night. I dunno. But when he's on and has the inside/outside game going he can take over on offense. Just wish we would see it more often.

Ben Gordon would be perfect for this team. He's an up tempo guard that scores and gets his teammates involved in the offense. I think he would combine with Joe Johnson to make a very formidable back court. Gordon is also around 6'3", 205 lbs. He's got good size and can play the two if needed.

I hope there is a way to get Gordon, drop Songaila from the deal, and get Chicago to throw in their own 1st round pick.

Ben Gordon

Chicago's 1st

for

Al Harrington

Atlanta's 2nd

• Premium Member

I'm sure Chicago is jumping at the opportunity to trade such a good, cheap young talent like Gordon AND a draft pick for a player they can, and most likely WILL, sign in the offseason.

Not happening in a million years.

They would give some combination of:

1. Sweetney/expirings

-or-

2. Songaila/expirings/1st rounder

Then they won't make the deal.

Ben Gordon has already made some waves in Chicago about wanting to be traded because he is playing behind Duhon and Hinrich.

It's not a bad deal at all. They trade from their position of strength to get a player from our position of strength. By giving us a middle of the first round draft pick, it keeps them from having to pay two draft picks next year, since they will likely have a top 3 pick from New York as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Ben Gordon has already made some waves in Chicago about wanting to be traded because he is playing behind Duhon and Hinrich.

Then they would trade him for a legit two, not a player they could just sign outright next season.

Regardless, Gordon didn't asked to be traded. He asked for more consistent minutes. He'll get them as soon as he adjusts.

Quote:

It's not a bad deal at all.

It's a horrible deal. Chicago gives away the best player in the deal AND a pick for something they can have in the offseason.