• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting trade proposal?

Diesel

I would do it. I'm not enthralled with Bibby's contract, but we have a very, very good PG who is equally comfortable shooting and distributing. I also don't like losing Salim, but we pick up a first which makes it better.

With this, we can draft a big (aldridge?) and have

Bibby/(Ivey)

JJ/

Marvin/Chill

Smith/

Aldridge/Zaza

and we either have an extra high pick this year, or we no longer have to go pick-less in 07. JJ-Marvin-Chill handle the 2-3 positions with close to equal minutes. Smith-Aldridge-Zaza handle the 4-5 with equal minutes. With the extra pick, we can try to draft a PG to grow under Bibby, or more depth.

Really the only reason to be hesitant is Bibby's contract. I think I'd take it though

I'd hate to lose Salim but for Bibby I would do it. Would love it if they would take Delk instead but they probably won't. I've always liked the way Bibby plays and that first from Sac wouldn't be too bad either.

This has been one of the best trades I have read about so far because it gives us vet point and a pick. I like what I'm seeing from Marvin lately and while he can't replace Al I can see him improving.

I wanted to keep Al not only for vet leadership but for his post play but lately he hasn't been impressing me with his post play.

no I don't smoke anymore cool.gif

The thing is Gadzuric really, really fills a need. He is the defensive big man we need in the worst way. And he is signed through 2011 at a very reasonable price and is highly tradeable if we change our mind at some point.

Mo Williams has also been playing some great ball recently, and makes under 2 mil. he is a much much better PG than anything we have, and has hit some game winners too. He's averaging 15/4/3/1, shooting 43% behind the arc. We would finally have a starting 5 without major holes:

Mo Williams

JJ

Marvin/Chill

Smith

Gadz/Zaza

We are still a bad team, but we will have a top 3 pick on the way soon. I just wonder if Milwaukee would want Salim instead of Lue

I like both deals.

I think Salim should be untradeable for now, because he has shown a pure ability to score and score big. With that said, why would a team at the bottom of the league give up a talent like that?

Throw in Chillz or Lue instead and bring back Bibby and a 1st, and ATL would have something to really be buzzing about. Bibby and JJ in the backcourt together alone would make Hawks contenders for the 8th spot in the East. I think Bibby would flourish here in Atlanta where he'd be free to be a go-to-guy without the Adelman offensive system.

EVEN THOUGH IT'S VERY unlikely, it is a good trade idea to think about. I just think Andre Miller is more obtainable while Artest is dangling around as trade bait and he's much cheaper than Bibby.

Even though it seems like everybody is fairly happy with Salim as an off-the-bench mini-microwave, it's my guess that he wants more out of his career than that. I would guess that he would be happy to go somewhere with a chance to play the A-I type point (much more outside shooting than driving of course)- if his m.m. role here is already defined.

And if I were another team's GM I would be real interested in him, knowing he can at least light it up. A team with a good defensive system and a combo-type taller slasher 1/2 guard to go with him would be perfect.

If things continue as they are I think SS will either improve (cut out the turnovers) and get a shot at the PG position here or become dissatisfied with the Hawks and a possible source of friction in the organization...this is just a guess at the future though...no telling what's in a guy's head.

Too bad for him he is not talented enough to play such a role.

I don't understand why people are reluctant to trade Salim away. He is likely to be a career back-up because he lacks point guard skills and is not close to being big enough to play the shooting guard position. The fact that he can't beat out Lue and Ivey for time should be proof enough.

I would prefer to have Mike Bibby over Andre Miller and Watson. Mike Bibby has shown that he has the ability to score and be a playmaker. If we trade Al, we need to come away with something other than picks or injured players who may or may not ever suit up in a Hawks uniform.

For the last few games without Shareef A. Rahim, Mike Bibby has stepped up his averages to 20 points per game and 8 assists per game. I think playing beside a shooting gaurd like Joe Johnson could be a great combination.

The trade seems fair, but the question is why does Sacramento do it? The Kings don't have a PG in the wings ready to step up. Shareef A. Rahim will be back soon. They have Kenny Thomas to play PF and Peja S. to play Sf. The only way this works is if they got Ron Artest, Tyron Lue, and Salim Stoudamire.