• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do they use fake blood on Wrasslin??

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was flipping one Monday and they were showing a match where a guy had been "Busted Open".. He was bleeding so much til I said...

Now if that's real, he should die any minute now...

Do they have Blood packets or something?

How does the camera not catch it?

• Admin

it could be fake these days, I don't know. back in the day the guys would cut themselves with razor blades just deep enough that it wouldn't bleed until they took a hard shot to the forehead. Then it would open up and start pouring. I thinkt hey also put some vaseline over it as extra protection, so as to not get opened up by accident.

I learned of this from my cousin who, at the time, worked for turner. She basically coordinated everything for the TV tapings of the NWA (what became the WcW). She would even tell us who was going to win matches. Because they had access to teh scripts the wrestlers prepared with.

• Admin

during the saturday and sunday morning shows (they were taped at the turner house across from Ga Tech, you could go for free!) They were alwayst eh small, buildup matches to the big arena showdowns. Like if they had a match coming up with two big names, you could guarantee that one wrestler would jump another wrestler during the show. and when they idhave "title matches" during those tapings, you could bank on someone busting in with a chair and breaking it up, so that no belt would change hands.

Being a young guy at those things was cool because they had an intermission wher eyou could get a drink and go to teh bathroom. Well you would always see the wrestlers in the hallway to teh bathrooms. I remember seeing the Road Warriors ou there and flipping out. Those dudes were HUUUGE. They were also my favorites!

• Premium Member

I remember the Road Warriors were let 154-0 on TV. Dude would do the inteview and pop the neck leash. They were Huge. I used to wonder if NWA was national. I mean, I know they would go to Texas and fight the Von Eriks... or to NY(?) and fight Wahoo McDaniels.. BUT mostly, it was that good ole GA Championship stuff.

I remember The Masked Superstar vs. Mr. Wrestling #2. The mask vs. Mask matches. That was some funny stuff. The Masked superstar was probably the funniest guy in wrestling. If he was set to Wrassle somebody, he would bring out a chair (with a big Glittery Star) on it and would sit ringside...

I remember meeting Abdullah the Butcher and Dusty Rhodes in the Omni one night. They had a "Lights Out Match". A friend of mine new the wrestlers and at the end of the show, we went back there and the two guys who had beat each other bloody were back there talking about going to dinner at the local Denny's....

There was also a guy named " Thunderbolt" Patterson and another guy name "Captain Redneck" and another guy named... Ernie The Big Cat.

Back then, I thought those guys made a lot of money... Until a few years ago, I saw a documentary on Tony Atlas... It was sad. He was Old and Broke..

They still hardly ever change Belts on TV. They save it for the PPV. I don't know if there are too many wrestlers that cut themselves anymore. I know guys like Mick Foley when he wrestled would take a clean Chairshot(Not blocking it with his hand). On the Movie "Beyond The Mat" they showed Foley in the backroom after a match against the Rock. He had a 4 inch cut in the top of his head that they had to stitch up.

• Premium Member

I watched NWA back in the day too. It seemed more "real" than WWF for some reason. Every day, they would show a different wrestling show after GI Joe/Transformers and I'd be praying that it was NWA lol

Road Warriors were my favorite too. They had a double cage match vs the Four Horsemen. It was awesome...though I can't remember who they teamed up with... Iron Shiek & and Ricky Steamboat Dragon? Heh, I can hardly remember the match as a matter of fact...I just know it was slammin. lol