• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darko is tradeable now

WraithSentinel

Dont know whats your love for Darko. But Harrington for Darko is laughable. In that interview they also said if he has been in Detroit for 3 years and he cannot learn anything playing the wallace boys everyday up until now and he still can't crack minutes or show he can play at this level he just cannot play in the NBA sucessfully. Coach thompson said he cannot play straight out.

Now if you want to take your (argueably) best player and trade for a 11/12 rank bench player have fun being the door mat for the NBA.

The most he is worth is maybe a draft pick right now (mid Round) not harrington.

Quote:

Al for Darko is fair trade. Zaza sure didn't do much in his first few years. Now look at what he has done given some consistent mins. It is time to move Al anyways. This trade will give the Hawks a young Center/PF.

So you are saying Al for ZaZa is a good deal? I would love to be a GM and work out a deal with you. I would take Al for ZaZa and then send Al packing (if I did not need him) for another ZaZa plus a 1st round pick...

And secondly, ZaZa, when given the minutes did show he was a decent player and belonged in the NBA. He played quite well last year. But after the Bucks drafted Bogut that was it...no room for ZaZa.

Now you tell me exactly when it was that Darko played 20 or minutes in any game and played well? ZaZa did that multiple times last year.

Darko is a bust man, he cannot even grab 15 minutes a game when the best team in the NBA is blowing their competition away...

I guess now we can officially say that Dumars blew it with that pick. If he had taken Wade, Carmelo or Bosh they would almost certainly have 2 rings now and would be even more of a force. And they would be set up much better for the future.

Quote:

BK should be fired if be trades Al for Darko.

He has done enough to get fired already.

It will be interesting to see where Darko ends up and what teams are willing to give up for him. If Kwame and Diop can get second chances Darko certainly will.

He must be very lazy in practice to get so little playing time. Even if he does completely suck they would play him more if he worked hard in practice.

I kind of suspect that Darko plays like a SF instead a PF or C, and that is the reason he is holding down the bench in Detroit. I say this based on watching him play for about 30 seconds last year. Anyone else have any ideas on what's wrong with him?

Neither player is playing. Apparently, they're not going

to get on the floor.

Darko couldn't get on the floor in a runaway victory

over the Hawks. Why? Any time a game is out of reach,

either you are ahead or behind and the outcome is no

longer in doubt, whether it is the pros or anything

below, why take the chance of your starters OR your

key bench players being injured??

Yet, he couldn't find his way to the floor! Why?

Hawks won't even dress Tony Delk. Why?

If neither player is going to play, why not trade them

to the other team?

smirk.gif

Quote:

I guess now we can officially say that Dumars blew it with that pick. If he had taken Wade, Carmelo or Bosh they would almost certainly have 2 rings now and would be even more of a force. And they would be set up much better for the future.

Quote:

It will be interesting to see where Darko ends up and what teams are willing to give up for him. If Kwame and Diop can get second chances Darko certainly will.

He must be very lazy in practice to get so little playing time. Even if he does completely suck they would play him more if he worked hard in practice.

I disagree. Larry Brown has NEVER liked playing young guys (you saw what he did to Lebron and Carmello in the Olympics), and I am of the firm belief that no matter who they drafted, that person would have sat and played sparingly. There was too much talent on that Pistons team for a rookie to crack the rotation for enough minutes to make an impact. Although Darko's situation is really wack-o with them right now. Seems if you want to trade the guy, you'd give him minutes in a 30+ point 4th quarter blowout, especially after he hung his career high on us last year.

But I guess that's why I am a fan and not a coach.

Oh yeah...Al for Darko would be the worst trade in the history of our franchise, and that is saying a LOT. Whoever came up with that trade needs to put down the X-Box controller.

Quote:

It's interesting to speculate, but what if adding one of those players would have killed the Pistons chemistry. How could they be doing much better? As we have seen from the Olympics greater talent is not equal to a better team.

This is part of the reason that Miami might end up regretting shaking up their team.

The Pistons get the exact shot/matchup they want better than any team in the league. Playing Carmelo over Prince forces you to give him shots that Rip or Rasheed are taking. Prince plays his role in a way Carmelo could not have.

Also, if the Pistons would have drafted Bosh, do they trade for Rasheed? I didn't think so either.

If they would have drafted Wade, that means Rip plays more minutes at SF or is on the court less.

It's hard to imagine the Pistons being the team they are in any of the other scenarios. Perhaps drafting Darko was a blessing in disguise. They might end up with 2 rings and 3 trips to the finals when all is said and done. Also, if Robert Horry doesn't get hot in game 5 last year the Pistons could have had two rings anyways.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. Larry Brown has NEVER liked playing young guys (you saw what he did to Lebron and Carmello in the Olympics), and I am of the firm belief that no matter who they drafted, that person would have sat and played sparingly. There was too much talent on that Pistons team for a rookie to crack the rotation for enough minutes to make an impact. Although Darko's situation is really wack-o with them right now. Seems if you want to trade the guy, you'd give him minutes in a 30+ point 4th quarter blowout, especially after he hung his career high on us last year.

Oh yeah...Al for Darko would be the worst trade in the history of our franchise, and that is saying a LOT. Whoever came up with that trade needs to put down the X-Box controller.

last night larry brown had three rookies in his starting lineup (lee, robinson and frye).

Quote:

Playing Carmelo over Prince forces you to give him shots that Rip or Rasheed are taking.

Most likely whoever they picked would have been coming off the bench but still would have been a major part of the rotation. The Pistons really haven't gotten much from their bench during the last two postseasons.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

last night larry brown had three rookies in his starting lineup (lee, robinson and frye).

Whith the Knicks he has little choice this year. I watched him with the 76ers all those years. There's reasons why he kept bringing in guys like Derrick Coleman.

I did a little research on what Pistons fans thought about Darko. Combined with what little I know about him, here are my conclusions:

Pros:

can do a decent job of defending PFs

has pretty good offensive skills, including great passing instincts

he's 7'2" and athletic

he is a definite shot blocker

right now he is just 20 years old

Cons:

not sure if he can be a good rebounder

unknown if he will try to generate his offense from the low post (good), or from the wings like a SF (bad)

doesn't have the bulk to play center full time, but can do some spot duty as C

can he loose the bad attitude he has been developing because of his situation in Detroit?

I just can't stomach the argument that the Pistons did the right thing by drafting Darko just because they won that one championship (which is what a lot of Detroit fans say). With either Wade or Bosh instead of Darko the Pistons would be on their way to a THREE-PEAT right now.

The Wallaces will be old sooner rather than later -- and no one can tell me that the Pistons wouldn't like to have Chris Bosh waiting in the wings right now, and no one can tell me Chis Bosh couldn't get off the bench in Detroit right now, and the same thing goes for Dwayne Wade. The only guy that may have threatened team chemistry would be Carmello Anthony, but that doesn't mean it was a good idea for them to just throw away the second pick in one of the best drafts ever.

Just ask yourself, as a Hawks fan, if you could chose right now, who would you rather have: Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton, or Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade? If things had gone differently we may be talking about Hamilton or Wallace trying to find minutes behind Wade or Bosh, not the other way around.

That being said, I wouldn't mind trading for Darko, but I don't want to gamble too much to get him.

• Moderators

Prince played a key role in the playoffs for the Pistons his first year with the team. He and Darko were the team's #1 picks in consecutive years. Prince earned a starting role and ton of burn under Brown before he left.

Darko in 2 1/2 years under Brown and Flip Saunders (who doesn't have a reputation of not liking rookies) has scored fewer points, has fewer rebounds, assists and steals and has more turnovers than Marvin Williams on their career. That is someone who couldn't contribute meaningfully to the team - not someone who wasn't allowed to play his rookie season.

I would not label the guy a bust for all-time but you don't give up a 19 ppg player for someone like that without getting considerably more in return.

• Premium Member

and the few minutes I've seen him on the court he is just another big lumbering player that doesn't have a clue what he is supposed to do. I understand he has played limited minutes and there has to be something to that. I would shy away from him at this point.