• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington's comments about Chicago

DrReality

Article on ReamGM about Chi Town looking at Al as a free agent.

“Obviously, they’re one of the top teams on my list as a free agent,” Harrington said. “They’re right there. This house is definitely going to be a situation I’m going to look at in free agency and if it’s a fit, I’ll be here.”

If we don't trade him . . . .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Agree. There is no doubt in my mind that he wants out of here, so therefore- it is vital to trade him for the best possible offer we can get. Though we might be better off waitilng till the summer and doing an SNT.

I don't know what I think about Al coming to Chicago, I think for the money he wants he probably isn't worth it. We've already got Luol at the SF, so unless we trade him Al is going to have to play PF. A front line of Tyson and AL might not be big enough to really compete.

I'd rather the Bulls go after Drew Gooden, but if we could get both Al and Drew that would be an amazing off-season for us. We'll see what Paxson wants to do with his untold millions.

This is a team that is a half game out of the 8th playoff spot. Getting a player like Al would help them push past the Washington Wizards and get into the playoff picture. Plus, they will gain his bird rights and could resign him at the end of the year.

The reason this is the team to target is that they have two first round picks in this draft, one of which will be very high. Any deal here must include the Knicks pick, which will likely be in the top 6 of the draft, possibly giving Atlanta two picks in the top 6 picks if a deal is struck. I'd probably even take Michael Sweetney off their hands just to get that Knicks pick.

Having two picks in the top six would put the Hawks in great position in this draft. They could get two players from a group that consists of:

LaMarcus Aldridge, PF/C, 6'10", 240 lbs, Texas

Tyrus Thomas, PF/C, 6'9", 230 lbs, LSU

Ronnie Brewer, PG/SG, 6'7", 220 lbs, Arkansas

Andrea Bargnani, PF/C, 7'0", 240 lbs, Benetton Treviso

Rajon Rondo, PG, 6'2", 175 lbs, Kentucky

Rudy Gay, SF, 6'9", 220 lbs, Connecticut

Tiago Splitter, PF/C, 7'0", 240 lbs, Tau Vitoria

Shawne Williams, SF/PF, 6'9", 225 lbs, Memphis

Rodney Carney, SG, 6'7", 220 lbs, Memphis

Al Horford, PF/C, 6'9", 235 lbs, Florida

Quote:

“Obviously, they’re one of the top teams on my list as a free agent,” Harrington said. “They’re right there. This house is definitely going to be a situation I’m going to look at in free agency and if it’s a fit, I’ll be here.”

If we don't trade him .. . .

Isn't it obvious that he sees his best interest as being different than the team?

He's had a chance to pad hi stats - now trade the guy!

You can't sign him outright. It's a fact that the Bulls want him and offered the pick that netted them Luol Deng back in the 2004 draft to get him. I believe that was the 7th pick in that draft.

One of two things will happen. First, the Bulls will either relent and deal the pick to get his Bird Rights, where you can resign him outright, or the Hawks will simply wait till the offseason and force the Bulls to pull a sign and trade for him. And I'm going to guess that for that to happen, the Bulls and Hawks will have to come to some predraft deal in which the Bulls take whatever player the Hawks want with that pick and then send him to Atlanta once the trade can be announced.

The Hawks hold the cards in this. They have a player that the Bulls really want, and they can basically dictate what happens here, because in the offseason, teams like Denver, Indiana, New York, and probably a few others will try to work out sign and trade deals with the Hawks.

He is a big part of what is wrong with this team. He is supposed to be a verteran leader, and his focus all season long has been on his individual stats. This is obvious by his increasing number of bad shots, and by his several comments about his FA.

Maybe this void of veteran leadership left by Harrington is something Salim was alluding to recently.

Quote:

He said almost the exact thing about Denver a month or so ago. AL is definetely going to whoever pays him the most. This is a good thing for us. With his Bird rights, we can give him 10% more money than any other team via a sign and trade....

Quote:

You can't sign him outright. It's a fact that the Bulls want him and offered the pick that netted them Luol Deng back in the 2004 draft to get him. I believe that was the 7th pick in that draft.

They do, they did, and it was. Unfortunately for you, Al Harrington is going to be an unrestricted FA (The first time the Bulls tried trading for him he was not a FA). The Bulls have roughly 19 million in cap space this off-season - so why can't they sign him outright in the offseason?

Sure they can't match salary or annual raises that Atlanta can offer, but they could stil pay him 12 million a year (god I hope not) - and he's already stated he'd love to play in Chicago.

Sorry, but I don't see Paxson selling the farm to get a FA who has already expressed an interest to play in Chicago - Sure he might sell off some livestock, but not the whole damn farm.

But hell, I could be wrong - it wouldn't be the first time...

Quote:

Quote:

They do, they did, and it was. Unfortunately for you, Al Harrington is going to be an unrestricted FA (The first time the Bulls tried trading for him he was not a FA). The Bulls have roughly 19 million in cap space this off-season - so why can't they sign him outright in the offseason?

Sure they can't match salary or annual raises that Atlanta can offer, but they could stil pay him 12 million a year (god I hope not) - and he's already stated he'd love to play in Chicago.

Sorry, but I don't see Paxson selling the farm to get a FA who has already expressed an interest to play in Chicago - Sure he might sell off some livestock, but not the whole damn farm.

But hell, I could be wrong - it wouldn't be the first time...

If you get Al, it will probably take 60 to 70 mill. I don't think you will sell the farm either. We will get a pick or one of your guards and take a bad or expiring contract....

Chicago is only one of probably four or more teams that will take a look at AL. He is the best unrestricted FA this year and as young as he is, not a bad long term investment.

Because he can get more money by going through Atlanta.

Atlanta can offer 10% more than the Bulls can offer, and the Hawks can give him a contract that is one year longer.

Al is going to look for that 6 year deal that pays him big money. The most Chicago can offer him is 5.

And even if Al doesn't want to be in Atlanta, he isn't going to screw the Hawks by refusing to do a sign and trade deal if it comes to that.

Quote:

Because he can get more money by going through Atlanta.

Atlanta can offer 10% more than the Bulls can offer, and the Hawks can give him a contract that is one year longer.

Al is going to look for that 6 year deal that pays him big money. The most Chicago can offer him is 5.

And even if Al doesn't want to be in Atlanta, he isn't going to screw the Hawks by refusing to do a sign and trade deal if it comes to that.

If Chicago has all that cap space, why can they only offer him 5 mill?

And after the Boozer fiasco, I would not expect any player to not do what is in their best interest. This is the real world and Al will do what he thinks is best for him. With that in mind, I do think Al and the Hawks will try and work out a SNT just beacuse of the 10%.

Quote:

If Chicago has all that cap space, why can they only offer him 5 mill?

And after the Boozer fiasco, I would not expect any player to not do what is in their best interest. This is the real world and Al will do what he thinks is best for him. With that in mind, I do think Al and the Hawks will try and work out a SNT just beacuse of the 10%.

I believe he is referring to years not millions. The best thing for Al is a sign and trade. I was against trading Al, but Zaza does not have the shotblocking skills to play next to Al, and we need to find more minutes for Marvin. We are not winning with Al, so I don't see the point in keeping him around.

right now I dont care what we get for him as long as he is out of here , and I am tired of WOODSON taking one of the young guys out when they make a mistake but he wants to leave, AL, JOE, LUE in the game after they continue to turn it over AL plays no D he's not a crunch time player what else can he do wrong and he's not a leader

Looking at Chicago's roster, I don't see a deal that we'd make to sign & trade Al for. You figure Al's going to get somewhere in the 8-10 range. Most of Chicago's players are all in the 3 mil range. That's the problem I see with an snt of Al. We're going to have to take back rougly 8-10 million back in salary. There's not many players out there we could do a one for one trade on.

Get rid of the bastard and his googly-eyes for other teams; he creates a negative attitude (non-leadership) by talking about Free Agency with half the season left to go.

Trade him now, fire mike woodson and Billy Knight, hire Stan Van Gundy and let Dominique GM this team and we should see some improvement.

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!