• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington's comments about Chicago

DrReality

• Premium Member

If JJ is our PG than Al can be our PG too.

Moreover, if you're going to use rebounding numbers to try to justify position, then you will never understand Basketball.

I guess the other night when he had 12 rebounds, he was a C?

I guess Chris Paul is not a PG based on his rebounds??

I wonder, how do you classify Dennis Rodman? You know the worm was 6'6" 220. That's a SG right... Maybe a Sf... He was a Sf with Detroit.

By his rebounds, he should have been somebody's C.

The point is statistics will not tell you what position a player plays. You actually have to watch the game and see.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

With that team is record should have been much better. If he had the Hawks roster he would do not better than Woodson IMO.

The political correct is that he resigned, he was given a choice resign or get fired, so in my mind he got fired!

Quote:

Moreover, if you're going to use rebounding numbers to try to justify position, then you will never understand Basketball.

I guess the other night when he had 12 rebounds, he was a C?

First of all you were the one who made the joke about Josh Smith being a pg when he didnt rebound well in garbage time of a game recently. I guess you forgot.

Secondly the only reason Al got 12 rebounds is that he got 7 offensive rebounds off of his 16 missed shots. He did the Zaza routine.

• Moderators

I'd like to keep Al but when is this guy going to shut up? What happenned to 'I'm a Hawk and I hope to stay here the rest of my career'. That's what you're supposed to say. How does it look to the young guys when the team captain is already planning his departure.

I like his game but its time to trade him I think.

"There is no way I could see Chicago sending the Knicks pick for a player they can sign outright at the end of the season."

Nice sentiment. Unless you are BK. Didn't we just trade Diaw and two first round picks for JJ - when we could have at least TRIED to sign him straight up? I think YOU should be our GM.

But then we also helped out Detroit too, by sending them Rasheed and getting back the Josh Smith pick. Maybe BK thinks someone will pay back the favors by "giving" us a key player - - yeah, right. Sometimes it seems like we are just a development team for the "Real" NBA.

If we lose Al without getting good value for him, then BK needs to leave town. If Al is staying we need to sign him now. If he is leaving - do the trade now, we've showcased him enough. And let Marvin get more floor time. If we are waiting until the end of the season, we are dead.

Quote:

Do a sign and trade for Heinrich or Duhon and, if you can get a draft pick, do it.

There is no way Paxson or Skiles part with Hinrich - he is their golden boy. And Duhon can not be traded (without his permission) until Aug 16th. I don't think you're going to wait around that long - with Harrington on your cap - to get a deal done.

I don't understand why you guys have a problem with Al saying he would love to play for a team when the media in that town asks him what he thinks about the local team. He is an UNRESTRICTED FA and he would be a fool not to maximize his options. If BK and the Hawks want him so badly, make him an offer and extend him NOW. If they don't, then they (and we) should be prepared to hear him say how he would be happy to play in (fill in blank city here) whenever he is in that town.

Bottom line - Al is going to be more than happy to resign here because he loves Atlanta - as long as we offer him the most money. If we don't, he will go where he can get paid and I don't blame him one bit.