• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Francis going to either Denver or Atlanta.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I just heard where NY is trying to send Penny/Crawford to Orlando for Francis/Cato. I think there may be a three team deal going on here. Either Francis goes to Denver for Kmart or Francis goes to Atlanta for Harrington/Delk. I just can't see NY sticking with Francis, Marbury, and Robinson...

Moreover, how does this deal tie in with the Darko/Arroyo deal?

There's a whole lot going to happen...

Just don't know where all the pieces will fall?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I just read that Isiah's current delusion is that a backcourt of Starbury and Franchise would be like him and dumars. Right. I don't know which team would be harder to get a shot attempt on, the Lakers or the Knicks with this possible starting guard combo.

If we were to get in the mix and end up with Franchise as our pg, I don't see how it could be any worse than having lue/ivey manning the position. For all the bickering and selfish attitude (which for me is enough to NEVER put him in our young locker room) he has, the man is explosive and it would be a lot more entertaining to watch the hawks. At least until Franchise got tired of losing and started in with his best TO impersonation.

I don't really like the thought of Francis as a Hawk, but honestly it sort of fills the need for a pg. I know he's not a text book PG since he likes to shoot, but he's definitely got the ability to create plays. What's his contract situation like? I'd only like to see that deal go down if it doesn't cripple the Hawks to pursue another quality free agent in the offseason to fill the need for a big man (not relying so heavily on this weak draft).

Yeah we've got tons, but wouldn't JJ's and Francis' deals be about 1/2 the money the team has to work with? I'm really not an expert on NBA salary caps and all, but it seems like that might make it difficult to pursue a quality big man via free agency should any be available (Nene, Wallance, etc...)?

Quote:

Francis isn't coming here or Denver. The Knicks are trying to acquire him to play in NY, not to facilitate him moving to Denver or here.

Agreed. You have got to keep one thing in mind: logic doesn't apply in NY. They honestly believe that having 2 short ball-hogs on the court at the same time will make them a better team.

• Premium Member

For the past 8 years and for 4 yrs before that, we have found that players just don't want to play in Atlanta. Us having free agent money is basically a note to all free agents that they can use Atlanta as a bargaining chip to get a deal they like (ala Kmart, Damp).

I don't think us having enough money to be in the big games means that we have the chance to win anything. We're just occupying a chair week end and week out. And we're hoping that some good player gets so fed up with his team that he wants out bad enough that he will play anywhere (ala JJ, Al).

• Premium Member

It's funny to see you guys turn into Francis Lovers at the cost of Al. Al probably wont make near the money that Franchise is making but you guys say you want to get rid of Al becuase "he's going to make so much money"... Al is not the cancer that Franchise is yet you guys want to get rid of Al because you say " he's hurting our young guys".

I really really hope this deal goes through in the same way I hoped that we would pick Marvin over Paul and Deron.

While that is true, we haven't exactly come out big via the draft either. I'd rather have the money and potentially come up with a solid player than continue taking our chances in the draft and wishing for a legimate star that way. I'm not totally against trading for Francis, but I hope that we could still have some financial flexibility this off-season.

Quote:

Us having free agent money is basically a note to all free agents that they can use Atlanta as a bargaining chip to get a deal they like (ala Kmart, Damp).

Tell that to JJ, the Hawks best player by far.

Both Al and JJ came here from winning teams. JJ chose to come here from a 60 win team. Money talks.

A). I am not an Al hater or Francis lover.

B) I dont want either of them here next year.

Francis makes far too much money and doesnt help this team long term. Al is constantly banged up and underproducing and is lethargic at best on defense and shoots too much when he is off on offense.

Trade Al for a young star in the making or draft pick(s). Thats the only options here that make sense. No sense trading him for some other overpaid player.

• Premium Member

Phoenix said that they would match JJ... That's why we gave up 2 picks and Diaw. It wasn't the money. It was the chance to get out of Phoenix that spoke up for JJ and it was the chance to get out of Indy for Al.

Al was not happy with his new coach and he was not happy with his role off the bench...he wanted to be a starter.

JJ was not happy with his management because they denied him a contract during the previous offseason (then turned around and paid Qrich a lot of money)... and he was unhappy being the 4th wheel in the Phoenix mobile...

The money was important for JJ but not the most important thing. Respect was most important.