• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Francis going to either Denver or Atlanta.

Diesel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Phoenix said that they would match JJ

I didn't believe that then and don't believe it now.

And the Suns had lowballed JJ previously. That is why JJ didn't want to play there. If they hadn't lowballed him he would have resigned before last season had even started.

• Premium Member

Quote:

And the Suns had lowballed JJ previously. That is why JJ didn't want to play there. If they hadn't lowballed him he would have resigned before last season had even started.

Welcome to my side...

It wasn't about the money now was it?

Quote:

Welcome to my side...

It wasn't about the money now was it?

Do you even know what a lowball offer is?

It was about the money because if they have made him a legit offer in the first place he never would have become a free agent. It was all about the money.

It was somewhat similar to the Hughes situation although Hughes didn't get (what he perceived as) his lowball offer until after the season.

Quote:

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

Steve Francis

$13,770,000 | $15,070,000 | $16,440,000 | $17,180,000

Boy, that sounds like an Isaiah deal if I ever heard one!

Isaiah is an absolute joke as a GM. If we are in talks with any player he wants, I hope we run far away.

• Admin

and I consider myself a Francis hater. You have to break it down and look at the good and the bad.

The good:

He's a PG and he would compliment JJ VERY well. JJ is a better version of what he had with Mobley.

He's would be a HUGE ticket draw.

He fills a gaping hole for us.

He's got a wealth of talent

The bad:

His contract drains our cap. But that is somewhat offset because it fills a huge need.

He has a questionable attitude.

-------------------------------------

Does the good outweigh the bad? I think it does. JJ IS the focus of our team now. He IS the go to guy. Having someone of Francis caliber so they can play off each other would be a HUGE bonus for this team. Sure we would be losing Al's 16-18ppg. But we would get nearly the same production in return, as well as passing ability and ball control.

• Admin

when he had mobley with him, he was far from being considered a ball hog. They complimented and trusted each other and were very comfortable together. Heck they were considered one of the best all around tandems in the league. Despite Mobley not being anywhere near francis caliber. He hasn't had a backcourt mate anywhere near mobleys talent since he was traded.

Why would ORL do this deal if all they are getting is Crawford/Penny? Just to get Franchise off the books? I know Penny's contract is expiring, but are they truly thinking about this?

It makes more sense if they are going after Kmart to put him with Dwight.

Either way, I don't think ATL is involved in this. We are all just dreaming that Al is going to be dealt. Well, all of us except Diesel.

He was a ball hog then and is a ball hog now. That is why Houston jettisoned him and why Orlando wants to know.

Do we need to be the third team he flames out at? I say no. There is a reason he is available, think about it. Getting him also precludes the Hawks from getting any legitimate big man in the foreseable future.