• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Francis going to either Denver or Atlanta.

Diesel

I think Francis is a stud guard. The problem is that he had not had a shooter on any of his teams. I watched him in Houston for years. It was sad - he would dish and they would miss. The only thing that worked was when he (or mobley) took it to the hole or took the shots.

I agree that he is emotional and can be a baby sometimes, but he not a thug. He just gets emotionally devoted to some things and some people.

I think he would be great in ATL. But, I realllllyyyy want to see him lineup with Marbs in NY. Two ball handlers that can shoot and play defense. They are two of the quickest guys in the NBA. Q will get a ton of open shots the way they will penetrate.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

when he had mobley with him, he was far from being considered a ball hog. They complimented and trusted each other and were very comfortable together. Heck they were considered one of the best all around tandems in the league. Despite Mobley not being anywhere near francis caliber. He hasn't had a backcourt mate anywhere near mobleys talent since he was traded.

They were also probably lovers. I doubt JJ wants a part of that.

Quote:

You have to break it down and look at the good and the bad. Does the good outweigh the bad? I think it does. JJ IS the focus of our team now. He IS the go to guy. Having someone of Francis caliber so they can play off each other would be a HUGE bonus for this team. Sure we would be losing Al's 16-18ppg. But we would get nearly the same production in return, as well as passing ability and ball control.

Great post Chillz, you hit all the points I wanted to make but was too lazy to type. tongue.gif

Just to reiterate, I believe Franchise would be a great fit alongside Johnson. This goes back to the subject of having a tall, ball-handling guard playing beside a short scoring G, ala JT, only Francis ia MUCH better.

I say go for it.

Quote:

Because he makes a lot of money, they are a bad team with zero cap flex and he (or any one player) isn't going to make them good any time soon. They are in the same situation that MANY teams find themselves in. It certainly isnt' as cut and dried as him being a ballhog and they want to trade him. They have problems that go far beyond any one player.

Plus they have Nelson...

i just realized -- if Francis comes here, that's a hell of a run of consecutive 3's here.....

(guys that wear the #3 of course)

Shareef - our premier player for several years

Sura - after shareef was traded, Sura became the...."star"

Harrington - hawks premier player 2 years running

Francis - newest premier player (if it happens)

Quote:

Harrington - hawks premier player 2 years running

Francis - newest premier player (if it happens)

walker was the hawks premier player last year until he was traded...al was then the premier player for 2 weeks until he sat the rest of the season out

this year jj is our premier player

so al has only been our premier player for 2 weeks since he's been here

and jj would still be our premier player even with francis...he's better than steve

Quote:

...and jj would still be our premier player even with francis...he's better than steve

Hafta agree with you Np27. I've been very impressed with JJ this last month or so. He may not be the big PG BK had hoped for but he has skills beyond a typical shooting guard. As much as I pooh-poohed the terms of the trade, I'm very glad we have him. He looks like the real deal.

no offense to jj, but i think steve would have been a better fit for this team originally. jj is fine now, and he's young, so that's ok. but what we wanted was someone who could create for himself off the dribble, and then be able to setup teammates. i think johnson is more of a 2, and francis can be more of a scorer, and can get rid of the ball if he needs to. he would have been a better fit originally, but i'm happy with jj