• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chill the right pick?

Lascar78

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people would consider Iggy to be a better all around athlete than Chillz but Chillz is a very good athlete too. Iggy, like Josh Smith and Vince Carter, is what I consider to be a "next level" type athlete because of the explosivensss with which they do most things. One thing to note is that Chillz is a full two inches taller than Iggy and that affects a lot of things when it comes to athleticism including speed, strength and leaping ability.

I think Chillz may vey well STILL be stronger on the bench because most NBA players don't work in the weight room as much as they should. As for him being able to bench more because his arms are longer, no way that is the case. People who workout a lot know it is CLEARLY an advantage on the bench to have shorter arms because you don't have to push the weight as far. That said, I think Iggy clearly has more "natural strength" and I also think his legs and core are stronger which makes him play stronger.

As for their quickness/leaping ability, Iggy appears to be able to change directions more quickly and he is a much quicker leaper. On the otherhand, Chillz covers a lot of ground because of his length and he MAY jump as high as Iggy, he's just what I call a "slow leaper" because he has to gather himself to get to full extension.

Quote:

I think most people would consider Iggy to be a better all around athlete than Chillz but Chillz is a very good athlete too.

exactly. that's all I was saying:

"I would say that Iggy and Deng are definitely more athletic than Chill, but that's not saying much as all 3 are tremendous athletes. "

Quote:

One thing to note is that Chillz is a full two inches taller than Iggy

Actually Iggy measured .25" taller than Childress at the combine.

Childress measured 6'5.75" without shoes and Iggy was 6'6" w/o shoes.

I don't remember how their wingspans compare but i have the combine numbers saved on my home computer. I can check later.

I have always thought this pick was about leadership down the road. Chillz leems to bee a high character, intelligent guy who tries to play the game the right way, whatever his role. While he may never be an All-Star, he might be the lockerroom glue that a championship team needs 5 years from now.

Iggy may be a better player down the road, or one who offsets spectacular plays with boneheaded ones that cost a playoff series. We'll have to wait and see. We possibly could have done better, but I still think Childress is a key building block for this team, and that he's developing into the leader this team sorely needs.

Just two cents from a rare poster.

Thanks for the post. Keep them coming

Not sure about Iggy, but I can say Chillz surprises me quite often with his "magical" in bounds passes that go out of bounds. It seems like he should be that guy that always makes the right basketball move, but we just haven't seen it in reality.

philly is a team with a good defensive big, a super ball handler who has become a good distibutor, a 4 with an offensive game, and is also a team which picked iguodala, and yet they are not very good.

all the things we lust after, but i wouldnt trade places with them.

our guys, including chillz, are just fine with me. we add the missing pieces, we gonna be pretty good.

Exactly.

People fall in love with Iggy when they see his highlights. But they can easily find fault in Chill's game because they see him night after night. Iggy is the stronger defender. Childress is the better offensive player. Overall, Chill may also be the smarter player.

Chill is becoming more and more productive as the year has gone on. Let's hope that trend continues.