• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lush23

For the Hawks owners, I will not be renewing my season tickets next season. I am tired of this so called process! Lets face it, Al Harrington is gone after this season with nothing coming back. How can you not at least try something to help this franchise? Take a chance! WAKE UP! Knight is killing this franchise. People say it is a process and that it takes time. At this pace we will have a winning season in 2010! Knight is a complete incompetent idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually if you actually look at it, at this pace we'll be top 3 team next year, win the championship the following year, and be undefeated the year after that..

so i'm not sure what "pace" you're looking at but from where i'm seeing our record and how we've progressed, we're doing da.mn fine.

I think that if we can we should make sure that part of the package we get for Al to be a first round draft pick in the '07 draft. That's gonna be the deepest draft in years, what with all the highschool guys needing to go to college.

If we can get cap relief and a first round 07 pick I would be happy.

I also think it is good that Al is here right now, so that it forces the Joshes and Marvin to have to compete for minutes in the rotation. It helps to keep them motivated. And that is hugely important for young players.

Those fans simply don't realize that the Hawks have positioned themselves to win anywhere from 25 to 32 games this season, which is a 12 to 19 game improvement. Those fans also don't realize that the two most improved teams from last season are the Hawks and the Hornets based on the projections for wins each team has this season. Those fans would rather have Billy Knight make a stupid trade just for the sake of making a trade. These idiots would rather take back much less value for Al Harrington just to get rid of him, for whatever reason. To each his own though.

Quote:

Those fans simply don't realize that the Hawks have positioned themselves to win anywhere from 25 to 32 games this season, which is a 12 to 19 game improvement. Those fans also don't realize that the two most improved teams from last season are the Hawks and the Hornets based on the projections for wins each team has this season. Those fans would rather have Billy Knight make a stupid trade just for the sake of making a trade. These idiots would rather take back much less value for Al Harrington just to get rid of him, for whatever reason. To each his own though.

Hey Hannity we haven't positioned ourselves to win Sh*t. Am I supposed to be crunk about winning 25 games? NOK is going to the playoffs with PJ brown and David West and I am supposed to be happy about an effin measly 25 games? Pulease

I love some people say we will get something for Al Harrington like its written in stone. HELLOoooooooooooooo if a deal offers like 8-11 and he takes it hes gone we dont get nothing for him. Hes a UNRESTRICTED FA Not Restricted big differnce. People say why trade him to trade him its better then GETTING NOTING FOR HIM. A 1st round pick + is better then losing a player for Nothing at all. This was a risky move in hope of a SNT if theres no SNT this is a total joke of a move.

Quote:

You aren't a good GM until you've put some good teams together. PERIOD. Billy has yet to prove himself to be a good GM.

Quote:

You aren't a good GM until you've put some good teams together. PERIOD. Billy has yet to prove himself to be a good GM.

I don't think anyone claims that he's proven. KB doesn't count obviously. The fact is that he created a good core in memphis, but they saw jerry west and canned him, and jerry west was successful with what BK built. Here he is building a good core, and while he hasn't put a complete team together, he has plenty of talent and flexibility. I think he can mould this into a complete team this offseason.

It's not about whether or not he is proven. He was given 2 complete rebuilding projects as his only 2 jobs, of course he has a poor record. This is the first team where he will (probably) be given the time to see if he can be successful. It's about whether or not he's making the right moves.

• Premium Member

I think that you can say BK is better than Babcock which isn't saying much but he's not bad.

His track record...

President with the Indy Pacers.

GM with the Memphis Grizzlies.

VPoBO with the Hawks.

GM of the Hawks.

He hasn't been given the Lakers or the Mavericks. He has been given a team with a bad track record as far as FAcy goes, a team that was going through regime change as far as ownership. A team that probably has one of the worse ownership models in the world. NOt that our owners are bad... Hell, they are great for the most part, but that he has to get a majority of them to agree and Belkin is still an owner...

I think you just have to look over his moves move by move and not judge broadly...

When you do that. I think BK stacks up nicely with most GMs..

Right now, my top GMs in the league are:

Rod Thorn. I think he has had a lot of help but this guy is doing it.

Elgin Baylor. Finally, after years of doing it wrong.

Whoever is in N.O.

Donnie Walsh

Coangelo in Phoenix. You have to love how he builds.

Joe Dumars. You must acknowledge him.

Poppivich. Some say luck, but there's a fair amount of skill too.

Right now, I don't think that there are any GMs that are drafting as well as Isiah and the guy in N.O.

Right now, I don't think there is anybody making pickups from FAcy better than Elgin Baylor.

Right now, i don't think there is anybody who has better vision (blueprints) than Joe Dumars and Coangelo.

Right now, I don't think that there is anybody who makes trades better than Rod Thorn.

These are the areas where a GM can succeed. I think BK's strength or weakness will be determined on Blueprint... Similar to Joe Dumars. IF BK's blueprint works, then he will go down as a great GM.

Quote:

Right now, I don't think that there are any GMs that are drafting as well as Isiah and the guy in N.O.

Right now, i don't think there is anybody who has better vision (blueprints) than Joe Dumars and Coangelo.

You would have to include San Antonio's GM in both of those, but particularly drafting. The pickups of Parker and Ginobili etc... were unbelievable. They are on fire for the last decade. NY and NO have drafted well but only for a couple of years, SA's been at it for a decade

• Moderators

Quote:

Phoenix hasn't done that bad either, considering when we hired Billy Knight, they sucked as bad as we do now.

Phonix's GM is Colangelo.

When we hired Billy Knight:

The Suns had Amare Stoudemire; Joe Johnson; Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion. The Hawks had Shareef Abdur Rahim and Jason Terry. There is a slight discrepency in the star power on those rosters. We didn't have anyone as valuable as any of the top 4 players on the Suns roster.

Now, it is true that Phoenix's GM got some moron to take Marbury's ridiculous contract which allowed them the flexibility to sign Steve Nash and vastly improve. He should get bigtime kudos for that and generally is an outstanding GM but you can't really compare the two teams from that point in time given their relative talent and that fact that Babcock traded away our lottery pick before BK arrived.

(I forget who that idiot was who took Marbury but I am sure that whoever that GM is, he has carefully built a team to emphasize some guys that can contribute without the ball in their hands and who can provide a defensive presence to allow Marbury to thrive if you are going to pay him that much).

Quote:

Quote:

Phoenix hasn't done that bad either, considering when we hired Billy Knight, they sucked as bad as we do now.

Phonix's GM is Colangelo.

When we hired Billy Knight:

The Suns had Amare Stoudemire; Joe Johnson; Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion. The Hawks had Shareef Abdur Rahim and Jason Terry. There is a slight discrepency in the star power on those rosters. We didn't have anyone as valuable as any of the top 4 players on the Suns roster.

Now, it is true that Phoenix's GM got some moron to take Marbury's ridiculous contract which allowed them the flexibility to sign Steve Nash and vastly improve. He should get bigtime kudos for that and generally is an outstanding GM but you can't really compare the two teams from that point in time given their relative talent and that fact that Babcock traded away our lottery pick before BK arrived.

(I forget who that idiot was who took Marbury but I am sure that whoever that GM is, he has carefully built a team to emphasize some guys that can contribute without the ball in their hands and who can provide a defensive presence to allow Marbury to thrive if you are going to pay him that much).

touche