• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford Predicts Hawks Draft Rudy Gay

AHF

• Moderators

From today's chat:

Quote:

P (NYC): What would you give to see the Hawks take another swingman? Wouldn't it be funny if they took Rudy Gay to go with Williams, Childress, Johnson, and Josh Smith?

Chad Ford: Given who their GM is ... I'm expecting them to take Rudy Gay with their pick.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm not concerned at all. The only duplication I could see BK going for would be Ty Thomas who duplicates Smith a lot. Other than that, it'll be a big, and if not a PG prospect

I am with you. If BK somehow drafted Gay without a significant trade being made, I would be ready to join those who want him fired. I don't think he could survive that.

definitely. Same for Morrisson.

I don't really fear that at all though.

BK's no idiot. I don't think it's like he doesn't give a sh!t about a logjam and drafted Marvin without considering it. I think he realized that he could be screwed either way, and probably reluctantly decided to risk it and add a 3rd SF prospect because he saw far superior potential. Whether or not he was right is a different question.

I can't see any reasonable GM doing that now that we have all 3 of our true young prospects being SF's. BK might be arrogant and stubborn, but I don't think he's dumb or unreasonable. I expect a big.

Well the lowest we can expect to pick is 5th (finish 4th, one team jumps up). You'd need Noah to not come out, and Aldridge, Bargnani, and Ty Thomas would have to go as 3 of the top 4 for that situation

I just can't see that happening. Charlotte will be picking ahead and have Brezec and Okafor. Chicago will be picking ahead and they have Chandler.

I just can't see 3 of the 4 teams going for those 3 guys. Especially with Morrisson, Gay, and Roy in the mix. If that were to happen though, I would go with Roy. I can't see any scenario in which we draft morrisson or gay without a trade involved

We might be one of the only teams in the league where Roy could play PG. I could see him bringing it up, and then JJ handling it in the half court.

I'm not sure Thomas is a duplicate of Smoove. Thomas seems like more of a true post player, a mini Mutumbo. He seems to score more in the post, and is less of a weak side shot blocker. Thomas and Smoove both block shots and have freakish ability to get up in the air, but that is where the comparison ends for me.

Thomas gets his blocks standing in the middle of the paint, facing the shooter, and swatting it back. Smoove comes from the weakside.

If Al is gone, I could see a rotation of Thomas, Smoove, and Marvin working out.

Quote:

I'm not sure Thomas is a duplicate of Smoove. Thomas seems like more of a true post player, a mini Mutumbo. He seems to score more in the post, and is less of a weak side shot blocker. Thomas and Smoove both block shots and have freakish ability to get up in the air, but that is where the comparison ends for me.

Thomas gets his blocks standing in the middle of the paint, facing the shooter, and swatting it back. Smoove comes from the weakside.

If Al is gone, I could see a rotation of Thomas, Smoove, and Marvin working out.

I guarantee that if Smoove were playing at Indiana right now he probably would be scoring in the post. Hell even Childress had a post game in college.

weight and Hakim Warrick if he doesn't. He doesn't have SF skills and he doesn't really have a post game either. His post game right now consists of catching lobs from his teammates and throwing it down hard. What he has is incredible athleticism for someone his size. I think he will have a VERY difficult time early in his career of defending the post because he is pretty slight. He will have to get bigger and stronger but if he does, he could become a very good player.