• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JSmoove

codyatl

I just wanted to give some love to Mr. Josh Smith. He has improved so much over the course of the season. His numbers have consistently gone up each month much like Josh Childress. In march smoove's numbers----13.9 pts, 7.3 rebs, 3.8 ast., 2.6 blocks and 2.3 to's.

On a side note, if Garnett is available this year would a package of MWilliams, Al and our pick be enough? For arguments sake lets just say it is and we are able to add a solid pg as well(Speedy) does that get us into contention for an nba title?

Quote:

How many times do I have to tell you people that we are not getting Kevin Garnett! We might as well ask if Kobe is available...geez!

Agreed. That's a pipe dream. One, Atlanta is not the destination that KG is envisioning after Minnesota. He's not going from a losing sitatuion to another one with a team that will be pushing winning 40 games the last two seasons. Face it, he's not getting any younger. Even if he has 6,7 more years left, he's not going to waste any more of his "prime" years at Phillips arena.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

How many times do I have to tell you people that we are not getting Kevin Garnett! We might as well ask if Kobe is available...geez!

Agreed. That's a pipe dream. One, Atlanta is not the destination that KG is envisioning after Minnesota. He's not going from a losing sitatuion to another one with a team that will be pushing winning 40 games the last two seasons. Face it, he's not getting any younger. Even if he has 6,7 more years left, he's not going to waste any more of his "prime" years at Phillips arena.

To be fair, joining a team with Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, etc. would be a huge talent upgrade from his supporting cast in Minnesota. I also doubt that he wants to come to Atlanta but if he gets dealt I think Minnesota would deal him to Atlanta before taking a lesser package than Al S&T, Marvin and #1-6 pick in the draft.

• Admin

He does not have 6 years left. I give him 3 at the most. He is 30 but he is a very old 30. The wear and tear he has taken over the years will start to show very soon. Look at Webber. He is only 32 but he plays like a 36 year old now. I am not saying they are in the same class but I would not be surprised to see KG start to show the milage soon.

"On a side note, if Garnett is available this year would a package of MWilliams, Al and our pick be enough? For arguments sake lets just say it is and we are able to add a solid pg as well(Speedy) does that get us into contention for an nba title?"

Words like "IF" and "ARGUMENTS SAKE" mean lets pretend so we can have a discussion. Is that not what this board is for? I was curious to see how people felt about the rest of the roster because if adding garnett who is everyting that we complain al isn't, doesn't bring us to the promised land then it seems we need to make several changes including mr knight who is putting this thing together. So, in closing please respond with whatever you like, its a free world, but please don't condem what someone is saying out of ignorance. Thank you.

um, that's not too much and I'd do the deal in a heartbeat...that's actually far far far too long (a heartbeat).

are you kidding? you'd pass that up? with this draft? with the possibility of our losing Al for nothing anyway right now?

yikes.

I'm with you here. Do you want to wait 3-5 years on ANOTHER greenhorn to get his bearings or go for the sure thing right now? What would make this deal so ridiculous? KG would instantly have a better teammate here (JJ) than he did in his entire tenure in Wolves gear. Partner him up with Smith, JJ, another ballhandler (Bobby Jackson or Claxton would do) and another big man (Evans, Butler, hell, anyone) and why would they not contend in the East? How many single-digit losses this team have this season anyway, about 30? That alone should tell you that while they are not ready yet, they aren't too far away, either. Cut those close losses in half and they're in the playoffs THIS YEAR. I'd do the deal yesterday and twice on Sunday. Besides, look at what happened in Miami after they brought in Shaq, who we all knew was past his prime but still productive (when healthy). Miami wasn't a prime destination for free agents before he got there; they had just as hard a time selling tickets as the Hawks do now. Now every seat is sold in their arena and players are plowing over each other to be a part of it. Isn't that the reason you go after a guy of KG's caliber in the first place? And the Clippers surely aren't thinking about how many candles will be on Sam Cassell's birthday cake these days, aren't they? Yes they had Elton Brand and a few others before he got there but how many times were they over .500 in the last five years before Cassell arrived? The last ten??

Realistically, while I think that KG will be dealt in the not too distant future, it is doubtful that he comes here. However, when thinking about it, it isn't the most preposturous scenario I've ever seen on this board. Think about the teams that would be in position to bring in KG considering the cap. Not too many. Sure, there are other teams with more talent to send back Minnesota's way but they may not be so willing to part with it for a 30-year old that's been in the league a dozen years. That would make quite a splash on Draft Day, don't you think?

Quote:

um, that's not too much and I'd do the deal in a heartbeat...that's actually far far far too long (a heartbeat).

are you kidding? you'd pass that up? with this draft? with the possibility of our losing Al for nothing anyway right now?

yikes.

Couldn't agree more. 30 ain't that old. Garnett and Smoove would be an absolutely lethal forward combo.

Quote:

"On a side note, if Garnett is available this year would a package of MWilliams, Al and our pick be enough? For arguments sake lets just say it is and we are able to add a solid pg as well(Speedy) does that get us into contention for an nba title?"

Words like "IF" and "ARGUMENTS SAKE" mean lets pretend so we can have a discussion. Is that not what this board is for? I was curious to see how people felt about the rest of the roster because if adding garnett who is everyting that we complain al isn't, doesn't bring us to the promised land then it seems we need to make several changes including mr knight who is putting this thing together. So, in closing please respond with whatever you like, its a free world, but please don't condem what someone is saying out of ignorance. Thank you.

There is nothing to effin discuss. I mean we can take that to the nth degree. What if we trade Al and Chills for KG...then we trade our first round pick and J Smoove for D Wade. Then we could get Nene with our MLE. Our lineup would be

Dwade

JJ

Marvin

KG

Nene

Wow what a great lineup that would be? BUT IT IS EFFIN IMPOSSIBLE. If you want to waste bandwith with flights of fancy then go ahead..but do it on your own damn time.

IDIOTS

Great players have been traded before. It usually happens when the team has regressed around him, and the franchise has little hope for improvement without moving the big star and rebuilding.

Personally, I think Minn NEEDS to move Garnett. They won't win a championship with him.

Can we get him? I wouldn't count on it, but we're one of the VERY FEW teams that has something to offer Minnesota in exchange.

The package of a top 5 pick, Marvin (last yr's #2), and a 19/8 powerforward is hard to overlook. I don't think we can get Garnett, but I challenge you to find a team that can give a better package of strong young players and HIGH picks that ALSO has a good core (JJ, Childress, Smoove, Pach) intact after the trade.

Quote:

Great players have been traded before. It usually happens when the team has regressed around him, and the franchise has little hope for improvement without moving the big star and rebuilding.

Personally, I think Minn NEEDS to move Garnett. They won't win a championship with him.

Can we get him? I wouldn't count on it, but we're one of the VERY FEW teams that has something to offer Minnesota in exchange.

The package of a top 5 pick, Marvin (last yr's #2), and a 19/8 powerforward is hard to overlook. I don't think we can get Garnett, but I challenge you to find a team that can give a better package of strong young players and HIGH picks that ALSO has a good core (JJ, Childress, Smoove, Pach) intact after the trade.

You just don't need players...you need about 20 million worth of players. And you talk about overpaying..you mean to tell me that you want to spend 32 million on two players? Not to mention, not having a draft pick to replace Marvin.

There would be a fan Mutiny if they got rid of Garnett. It is the equivalent of the Danny Manning/Nique trade...without the 50 game season.

Quote:

Quote:

You just don't need players...you need about 20 million worth of players.

no you don't

we have capspace, so we can take back way more than we give up

Would you rather have Odom, Caron Butler and a cripple Brian Grant or Harrington, Marvin and a top 4 pick?

Is such a deal likely? Of course not. But it is certainly not out of the question and it is certainly no less "idiotic" than your repeated calls for us to trade for Stevie Franchise.

But at least we know that NY desires to and almost has to get rid of Marbury or Francis. Minnesota has given no indication that it wishes to part with Garnett nor has KG asked to be traded. So KG being traded is a dream of the media, like Chris Bosh playing in Chicago, or Lebron playing in NY or LA. And he is a player that plays a position we need PG. if we get KG we are merely trading a 19/8 player for a 20/10 player. And then we cant do anything else...that is unless you think that

Grundy

JJ

Smoove

Garnett

Zaza

Unless you think that is a championship caliber team then it is a waste of time to make that trade.