• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT

HawksFan87

Wait, I thought we were supposed to believe they couldn't coexist and that they would hate each other by now???

I predict they continue to prove the doubters wrong. Both of them have faced a ton of scrutiny - Smith with the Bilas stuff and Marvin with the Chris Paul stuff. Here's to hoping it helps them find a common bond for the long term, and instead of figuring out ways to outplay the other guy, they figure out a way to combine for a complete package at the forward spots.

Marion and Stoudemire is a forward/center combo.

I don't believe Bird and McHale can match Marvin and Josh athletically in the long run. When these two are at the top of their game, you might have in them what you would have had if James Worthy and Dominique Wilkins were on the same team. Not exactly like those two, but the effects would be similar.

In a case of irony, Worthy and Wilkins came out of the same high school class much like Williams and Smith.

KB, I think you have unfair expectations of both of them. If either Marvin or Josh become Hall of Famers, we'll be pretty damn lucky. They don't have to be on that level for them to be considered great pickups for this team.

I have the same hopes for both, but I certainly don't EXPECT that.