• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OT: Chad Ford 2 PM Espn Chat

gsuteke

I made an oath that I would never take anything Ford said seriously. He actually made a lot of sense there. *Hell start to freeze over* He may have just sold me on Brandon Roy. I like the fact that Roy is ready to contribute now. Just incase Marcus really isn't on BK list of players. I can at least be ok with the drafting of Roy if Aldridge isn't there.

Quote:

Quote:

Even Babcock couldn't touch Zeke.

Hate to chime in here... but let's remember.

What did Babcock get for Dominique?

What did the other Babcock get for Vince Carter?

What did Babcock get for Steve Smith?

What did Babcock ever draft??

playing the $500,000 pyramid...

Player 1...

Beep, beep, beep....Uhm... Blair Rassmussen... Ken Norman... uhm.... Jon Koncak..... Big Dog...

Player 2...

Players that suck. Players that aren't better than Enis Whatley... Players that Babcock traded for with long contracts...

Ding!

LOL...Post of the Week right here

• Premium Member

I hated the Curry and Nazr Muhammad trades by Zeke.

I would have traded for Francis if I had a place for Marbury to go.

However, you have to understand where NY was when Zeke took it over and what he has done...

First off, they were well over the cap with Houston, Spree, Thomas, Baker, and a whole bunch of other stiffs when he took over.

If you want to judge vs. Babcock, don't just take one segment out of his career, take the whole career.

In Toronto, he was the GM who picked Camby, Stoudamire, and TMAC...

IN NY, he has drafted Frye, Lee, etc..

That alone makes him better than Babcock...

• Premium Member

Actually, Isiah bought the CBA on the low (I mean 10 million for a whole league).. it was going bankrupt and basically, D. Stern put the knife in the CBA in order to develop the NBADL...

• Moderators

I rate Babcock over Thomas as a GM overall. Babcock gets the edge for a good team but for a rebuilding team I would give an edge to Thomas for the work he did in Toronto.

If you could make Thomas in charge of the draft and Babcock in charge of everything else, you'd have a pretty good GM.

Put it the other way around and you'd have the worst GM in NBA history.

• Premium Member

I tend to agree on your last statement, but I don't give Babcock an edge.

His year 2000-2001 debacle still sits fresh in my mind.

He rebuilt the team by trading Mookie for JT...

Trading Smitty for NOTHING but trouble.

Trading a future first and a present first for Low Wright.

And making a 50 win team the worse team in the game.

That after having 4 first round picks and 2 large exemptions..

We came out of JT's draft with JT, Dion Glover (injured), and Cal Bowdler. remember we traded JJ to Philly for ????? I think it was a bottle of the finest sweat from AI's balls or something like that.

Not even BK can destroy a team that well.

• Premium Member

This is before Thomas...

Quote:

Layden's last major move was the four-team deal that sent Latrell Sprewell to Minnesota and brought Keith Van Horn to New York. The deal has appeared to favor the Timberwolves during the first two months of the season. Sprewell has averaged 17.2 points for Minnesota while Van Horn has struggled, averaging 14.8 points and getting benched for the fourth quarter of several recent games.

Before the Van Horn trade, Layden's biggest move came on draft night in 2002 when he sent Marcus Camby, Mark Jackson and the Knicks' lottery pick to Denver for Antonio McDyess.

McDyess fractured his kneecap in an exhibition game and missed the entire 2002-03 season, finally returning 11 games ago.

Quote:

At the behest of Checketts, Layden traded franchise stalwart Patrick Ewing to Seattle in the summer of 2000, a move that ultimately contributed to the club's current salary cap predicament.

The contracts of Allan Houston, Van Horn, Howard Eisley and Shandon Anderson will take up almost all of the team's salary cap space for the next three seasons, and the Knicks must decide after this season whether to invest in McDyess, who will be a free agent next summer.

McDyess is
one of six power forwards on the roster
that Layden assembled, and the team lacks depth at the shooting guard and small forward positions. The Knicks have shown themselves to be especially vulnerable against younger, quicker teams.

Layden gave Houston (a one dimensional player) a contract worth 118 million dollars...

• Premium Member

Allan Houston, Van Horn, Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisley, and Antonio McDyess together were making 87 million dollars per...

Now they have Francis, Marbury, Crawford, Curry, and Richardson...

Maybe a big waste capwise.. But at least these players are a better grade of player and all (except Marbury) are tradable... and if he trades Marbury to Minny, there will be a lot of crow being ate.

Quote:

Yes he did. Isiah actually works for a secret organization spreadheaded by David Stern. He sent Isiah in to destroy the CBA so he would have no competition when he created the NBDL. Isiah is in the process of destroying the Knicks so that Lebron can come in and be their savior. This is also part of David Sterns master plan. I believe Isiah will be fired from New York after Lebron becomes a Knick and will resurface as member of the Players Association where he will bring the players to their knees.

ROFLOL! Good one.

Lets compromise:

Isiah is the worst trader and Babs is the worst drafter.

The only job Isiah is good for is scouting. (With $100/day max allowance and no company credit card)

Player 1

Beep...beep...beep...Adam Keefe...Rumeal Robinson...Stacy Augmon...Roshown McLeod...

Player 2

Umm...players who suck...bad Hawk draft picks...no? Uh, overrated Hawk draft picks...

Player 1

Beep...beep...beep...Priest Lauderdale...Ed Gray...Cal Bowdler...Dion Glover...

Player 2

Umm...players who stink...um..players with no game...um...guys who can't shoot...no that's just Augmon and Glover...oh, GUYS WHO WOULD'VE BEEN 2RD ROUND DRAFT PICKS HAD BABS NOT TAKEN THEM!!!

DING!!

Player 1

Beep...beep...beep...Ivano Newbill...Todd Mundt...Ennis Whatley...

Player 2

Umm...players who suck...uh, bad NFL players...wait, they were in the NBA?...Umm..oh, I know...GUYS WHO HAD NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE WHO THE HAWKS GOT ANYWAY!!!

DING DING DING!!

Player 1

Danny Manning...Jim Jackson...J.R. Rider...umm, Tim McCormick...Glenn Robinson...

Player 2

Oh, that's too easy...GUYS THE HAWKS HAD NO BUSINESS TRADING FOR!!!

DING DING DING DING!!!

Player 1

Beep...beep...beep...Chris Crawford...Alan Henderson...

Player 2

Umm...players who are hurt all the time...players who stink...

Player 1

Beep...beep...beep...Chris Crawford...Alan Henderson...oh, Jon Koncak...Blair Rasmussen...

Player 2

Umm...guys who suck...umm...guys who stink...umm...guys who don't show...wait, GUYS I COULD OUTPLAY AFTER THEY SIGNED THEIR LONG-TERM CONTRACT EXTENSIONS!!!

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!

Why would anyone question this. Whatever you say about Pete Babcock, you can't deny that he put together a team that won 50 games for quite a few years. I would never want him back here, and I think he put us in a pretty bad hole, but there's no way he's worse than Zeke.

Babcock was a lousy GM, but at least he built a playoff team (however mediocre). At least he made a good trade or two. Zeke is a horrendous GM. Zeke has taken bad-GMing to a whole new level. Zeke has put together one of the most expensive teams in the league, but it's the WORST team in the league. That team has almost no hope of making the playoffs in the next 3 years, because Zeke traded away two lottery picks for the right to overpay a lazy center with a heart problem. None of this is to mention the fact that the Knicks are the 2nd most attractive team in the NBA for FA's to sign with. All that going for him and he can't build even an average team?

No contest. Zeke you are an idiot. You were a hell of a point guard, and you seem like a nice guy, but you are just not good at thinking. Step down, buddy.