• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Mock Draft Official Selection Thread

shug94

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Now DR Zach is on the clock with 24 hours to make his pick as BK, GM of the world famous ATLANTA HAWKS!

This should be an interesting one!

As BK? No way, I'm picking as BELKIN. Look out.

Quote:

Quote:

Now DR Zach is on the clock with 24 hours to make his pick as BK, GM of the world famous ATLANTA HAWKS!

This should be an interesting one!

As BK? No way, I'm picking as BELKIN. Look out.

Everyone check your PMs, please.

Big Daddy Belkin here.

Atlanta wishes to trade Marvin Williams (BK's biggest mistake) to Orlando for Darko Milicic, the #11 pick in the draft, and Travis Diener.

*Maniacal laugh*

Evilly yours,

Steve Belkin.

Quote:

NOT BAD!!!!

Darko immediately fills a spot.

#11 = Rondo perhaps?

And Atlanta keeps #5?

Wow. I wish BK were this good!

Diesel, my chosen one. Do not reveal information.

-- Belk.

... Tyrus Thomas."

"SeanO agreed to the Marvin for Darko/#11/Travis Diener trade in a PM, but hasn't logged on since, so you'll just have to trust me... and you can always trust the Belkin."

"My first action as new Hawks czar was to fire the insolent BK and his minion, Woody. Then I set about cleaning up his mistakes: I trade a redundant potential asset (Marvin Williams) for a potential asset at a position of need (Darko Milicic.) This lets me draft the PF of my choice at 5. Since I, Belkin, harken back to the high-scoring days of Celtics past, I forgo the defensive player in Shelden Williams and draft Tyrus Thomas. Besides, "Tyrus" sounds like "Tyrant," and that makes me smile my evil smile."

"Darko and Marvin are both #2 picks, both with unrealized potential. In fact, I consider the Darko situation a repeat of the Boris Diaw situation, where poor coaching -- due to a poor hiring decision by He Who Would Not Shake My Hand -- led to a player being buried, his confidence ruined. I do not consider it coincidence that Woodson was an assistant on the team that buried Darko. Darko is the new Diaw."

"Another positive of my evil scheme is that Josh Smith can now play his natural position of small forward. Not that our old GM even knew what 'positions' were."

"As of this draft pick, our starting lineup:

Lue / JJ / Smoove / Thomas / Darko. Zaza and Childress are the key reserves.... and with the #11 pick and Al Harrington at my disposal, my wrath shall be fierce! Terror shall rain down from the skies much like a ferocious hail of Boston Baked Beans! Larry Bird will be the new coach! Bow before me!"

-- Steve Belkin

Sorry for taking so long, but I just remembered that Dolfan23 asked not to take part, so I will make his pick for him.

Boston has a good SF in Paul Pierce, a good combo guard in Delonte West, and a couple of projects at Center and PF that might pan out(Kendrick Perkins and Al Jefferson). But having a proven skilled bigman will help. He can play with one of the young guys and they will have size and skill out there.

Boston just got a lot harder to score on.

OK, Houston Rockets(RAHMOR) is on the clock, 24 hours to make your pick.

Quote:

So so far

2.Andrea Bargnani

1.Lamarcus Aldridge

3.Adam Morrison

4.Brandon Roy

5.Tyrus Thomas

Umm.. DieselMath™?

It came down to Marcus Williams and Rodney Carney for this pick. I felt we really needed a good swingman and since Rodney was the most athletic player left he would be a good fill at the 2 spot. If healthy this team will make the playoffs regardless of who they pick in this draft.

1. Toronto - Andrea Barganani

2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge

3. Charlotte - Adam Morrison

4. Portland - Brandon Roy

5. Atlanta - Tyrus Thomas

6. Minnesota - Rudy Gay

7. Boston - Shelden Williams

8. Houston - Rodney Carney

9. Golden St. - LASCAR'S PICK

with a lineup of

B Davis/Fisher

Richardson/Ellis

Dunleavy/Pietrus

Murphy/Biedrins

Foyle/Diogu

the warriors appear set at every position. Yet they stink.

One of the main problems is that while they have a lot of scorers, they score inefficiently, and they don't have pure shooters per se. Also, neither of their PG's is a distributor. Davis is a scorer, Fisher is a ty lue kind of guy, will protect the ball, hit open shots, but not really run anything. The problem is that while they'd like a 2/3 to come in and help, their top 3 PG/SG's have big long contracts combining for 36 mil in 08/09 for example.

Also their D has not been as good as you'd think it might with a number of big men.

There are 3 real options here for the Warriors:

-take a PG in Marcus Williams who would be their first real distributor

-take big man O'Bryant in an effort to bolster their defense. you can never have too many big men.

-reach down and take JJ Redick to get a real shooter on this squad

With all this being said, the warriors take a huge gamble and reach down to adress a need, taking JJ Redick from DUI - I mean Duke.

With the 10th pick in the 2006 NBA Draft the Seattle Supersonics select - Randy Foye from Villanova.

When you look at Luke Ridnour and Earl Watson, mediocre is the most positive thing that can be said. Nothing against those two, but we see Randy Foye as a natural fit on both offense and defense with his sound fundamentals. His ability to penetrate the lane will help give more open looks for both Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.