• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am happy for Zo, Payton and Walker

• Premium Member

Yep.

I was just imagining that sometime around 2:00 AM this mourning, Zo was calling Pat Ewing and Deke rubbing it in that he won a championship.

I was imagining Gary Payton wanting to have his own personal parade in Seattle.

• Moderators

I have to take a little away from Zo given that he only got to Miami by refusing to play for the Raptors. If I hold it against Francis, McGrady, Carter, etc. for refusing to play or tanking then I will do the same, even for somebody who plays with so much pride on the court.

No you cant take anything away from ZO no one knows what really happened in the situation. There was reasons he did'nt want to play for the NETS. But man I am so happy for him because he has been thru so much the last few years he almost lost his life but he got a 2nd chance at it and as a fan of basketball period. I could'nt be more happier for such a deserving person. And Antoine Walker boy he deserved it also and so did Jason Williams and Gary Payton.

• Moderators

Quote:

No you cant take anything away from ZO no one knows what really happened in the situation.

Yeah we do - it was the exact same as Steve Francis. He was going to have to go to a Canadian team and he refused to report so they had to cut him and eat a loss by buying out his contract while getting nothing in return when they gave up Vince Carter to get him and a few picks.

Quote:

There was reasons he did'nt want to play for the NETS.

He chose to sign with the Nets over the Heat because the Nets offered him more money, nevermind that the Heat had invested a ton of money into previously when he was out with kidney troubles. Then he goes out and plays 12 games the first year with the Nets, the next year 18 and then he decides to refuse to honor his contract and doesn't play for the Raptors after being traded, saying he will only accept a buy-out. Alonzo is a punk, he doesn't deserve to win this, if he didn't want to get traded then he should have made sure that was in his contract. He is just a typical prima-dona, he didn't like a situation so he decided to just take the money and go to a different situation. I think Michael Doleac is more deserving of this championship than Zo, he just pulled a Jim Jackson.