• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

like it or not, if Sheldon can deliver >>

chillzatl

• Admin

and he brings interior D, rebounding, shot blocking and a solid 10+, he'll make us a much much better team. I would have taken someone else. But if he can deliver on what he's billed to do, we'll be a lot better next year.

Now we get to focus on who plays, Smooth or Marvin? weeee!

By the highlights, he looks short and unathletic... Considering he plays the same position that the Hawks are already stacked at... It doesn't seem to make much sense.

Sure Shaq is about gone... But Amare, Dirk, Ming, Bosh and others are still in the league and the hawks don't have the players to do anything to slow them down.

Billy Knight is completely nuts.

untitled.jpg

I got so tired of watching Al let guys shoot layups in his face. That won't happen any more. With Al gone and the Landlord in the house the interior D will be much better.

With Aldridge, Bargnani and TT off the board the pick looks a little better. I still probably would have taken Roy or Foye over him but I'll get over it.

Smith, Marvin, and Shelden will all be playing 30 minutes most likely. Marvin will most likely be coming off the bench to start the season.

Quote:

untitled.jpg

I got so tired of watching Al let guys shoot layups in his face. That won't happen any more. With Al gone and the Landlord in the house the interior D will be much better.

With Aldridge, Bargnani and TT off the board the pick looks a little better. I still probably would have taken Roy or Foye over him but I'll get over it.

Smith, Marvin, and Shelden will all be playing 30 minutes most likely. Marvin will most likely be coming off the bench to start the season.

How is "the landlord" going to stop what he can't catch? If he's in the Ben Wallace mold I don't see the problem. But if he's unathletic AND short? Yikes!

Even if he's a Carlos Boozer clone.... Boozer hasn't helped a team win anything.

Quote:

How is "the landlord" going to stop what he can't catch? If he's in the Ben Wallace mold I don't see the problem. But if he's unathletic AND short? Yikes!

That fact that you say he is unathletic shows how little you know. You may not be aware that the actually test players athleticism at the combine but i guess you were asleep that week.

Quote:

Quote:

That fact that you say he is unathletic shows how little you know. You may not be aware that the actually test players athleticism at the combine but i guess you were asleep that week.

I'm going by what I saw on some highlights. But it was more of a question than it was a statement.. If he's athletic and plays defense I don't see a huge problem... Can he guard centers?

If he can't.... One of Josh Smith, Marvin Williams or he has to go. You can't play 4 players in 2 spots giving them good minutes. And maybe they don't want to come off the bench and will ending up leaving anyway.

In the highlights he looks sort of like a role player... Maybe along the lines of an Alan Henderson.

Shelden's weakness is his standing reach, which is shorter than I thought for a guy with a 7'4" wingspan.

I went back to look at Boozer's measurements and he is the exact same height as Shelden with a 7'2" wingspan, yet his standing reach is 5" higher. I think that may be a mistake.

He timed fast in the lane agility test, (.4 faster than Childress), jumps well and benched better than Okafor.

Quote:

Shelden's weakness is his standing reach, which is shorter than I thought for a guy with a 7'4" wingspan.

I went back to look at Boozer's measurements and he is the exact same height as Shelden with a 7'2" wingspan, yet his standing reach is 5" higher. I think that may be a mistake.

He timed fast in the lane agility test, (.4 faster than Childress), jumps well and benched better than Okafor.

Who's going to get in the way when the Wade's and the Tony Parkers get in the lane? Post defense? Yeah, But with all the freedom guards are giving you need some height to disrupt guard penetration. A Tony Parker will not such a hard time getting his shots over the Atlanta frontline.

Guest Walter

Quote:

and he brings interior D, rebounding, shot blocking and a solid 10+, he'll make us a much much better team. I would have taken someone else. But if he can deliver on what he's billed to do, we'll be a lot better next year.

Now we get to focus on who plays, Smooth or Marvin? weeee!

This was a horrible draft selection. Simply horrible. So horrible the world knew it was coming and nobody was willing to try to stop us by trading for SW themselves. Just horrible.

W