• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK to be on Dimino's show on 790 this AM

skaughtybee

Quote:

The more I think about it..So what if he gave him a guarantee. I didn't want any of the stiffs available for trading down anyway. I don't even know that cat the Bulls picked up.

I agree. The thing is giving a guarantee to a guy who is sure to be there can really screw you, but in this case no one got screwed, so who cares? I don't think a promise was given, but I don't really care.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had known for several weeks that we were taking Williams but I was so shocked at the promise it was hard to fathom. This is a professional team with a professional GM...right? But on the other hand you better not break a promise to Arn Tellem because he can cut your stones off with scissors when it comes to free agents. So I was 99.9% certain that the promise would turn out.

I didn't get why they worked out Foye, Williams, Rondo, and O'Bryant because they were locked with Shelden. I was hoping that we were moving Childress for a PG or Combo...no such luck.

I don't like the Shelden Williams pick...I have on good authority that some other NBA teams were silently getting a good chuckle about BK's love for this kid. Of course, maybe Shelden turns out OK...but there was absolutely nothing good coming from falling in love with a marginal top 8-12 prospect at #5. Billy could have conducted a normal draft and still had Shelden at #5 ALL DAY LONG.

I have a much bigger problem with the way we ran the draft...than the actual draft pick. It just reeked of rank amatuerism and it makes you wonder if this guy really knows what he is doing. When you make a promise like that it will 100% get out...it has to because Shelden has workouts with other teams...even if a specific team isn't mentioned it is easy to start connecting the dots. I was stunned by how we ran this draft. And just as surprised that the Atlanta Spirit let this happen the way it did. You would think that somebody on the conference call would say..."Wait a minute guys, is it really smart to stop the whole draft and show all of our cards"? I'm having some real doubts about these owners...I'm not sure about Belkin either...but come on guys.

Amen sir. On the points about the situation as a whole. Yeah maybe the hawks dodge the bullet with shelden but the way they went about it will catch up to them now or in the end. For me its kinda hard to see the bright side of the whole gm/ownership thing. The jury is still out on billy knight but then again will the hawks fans be any happier with bringing someone else in AGAIN if belkin takes over. Its like a circus right now, no matter how you slice it.

All the evidence points to us giving Shelden a promise, regardless of what BK says. A duck looks, walks, and talks like a duck.

I just don't see this as a catastrophic event to our credibility and professionalism. I would rather have a GM who made good personnel decisions and was a little sloppy in his PR and professionalism, than a GM who was the opposite of that.

But yes, we somehow telegraphed to the world what our intentions were, and that is not acceptable.

• Premium Member

That cat picked up by the Bulls is 6'8 215 with no post offense.

What you will find is that people will hype HOPE more than they hype a sure thing.

The Bulls have a History of picking up Potential and they also have a history of watching potential equate to NOTHING Special.

What part of the following statement would make you ask me a question like that?

But yes, we somehow telegraphed to the world what our intentions were, and that is not acceptable.

My point was that our error is not as serious as you are making it out to be. Not that it was the right thing to do.

Quote:

...But yes, we somehow telegraphed to the world what our intentions were, and that is not acceptable.

I pretty much agree FQ, but realistically, Toronto was even worse than us. They hire a guy especially to be there with Bargnani? I mean that was more than a rumor.

Charlotte kept it close to the vest until late - but then the word got out that Jordan had been talked into taking Morrison a day or so before the draft.

On that subject - It's gonna be cool seeing Charlotte come in here with Morrison next year!

Quote:

All the evidence points to us giving Shelden a promise, regardless of what BK says. A duck looks, walks, and talks like a duck.

I just don't see this as a catastrophic event to our credibility and professionalism. I would rather have a GM who made good personnel decisions and was a little sloppy in his PR and professionalism, than a GM who was the opposite of that.

I agree... Who gives a F8ck. I don't see the big deal.

Yeah Hot - now if we would have taken the bait and traded up to get Shelden based on the Chicago rumor - then we'd have been serious goobers. But as it played out it seemed fairly obvious who would do what with the top picks.

Thank goodness for Portland - they kept things exciting!

That's is exactly the point Dawson...I'm glad somebody sees it. There are times when the basketball IQ goes down to below 70 on this board. Laying your weenie on the table and letting everyone view it...ain't smart.

Its like drinking and driving with a blood level of .20...even if you don't get caught your stupid.

There are several saavy GM's who think we look like goobers anyway it turned out. For somebody who plays like he is such a wise sage...that we should all bow down to...BK looked like a dumbass during this whole process. But, we got our man, right? It's all good. cool.gif

Quote:

... Good thing teams dont draft just to f8ck other teams over....I think (lol).

I don't know why your comment made me think of this but I got a big laugh when I heard it.

re: the recent TV show "Who wants to be a Millionaire", one of the lifelines is to poll the audience.

There were also versions of the show in many other countries. Word was, on the Russian version, the people in the audience would routinely answer the question wrong on purpose to screw over the contestant.

Gotta love it!!

Pete what do you want to happen next? In reguards to finding a guard. Knight said that he wanted someone with size, who can run and shoot. And like someone said on here earlier, good luck with that. Shame that we couldnt get Jack last year (beat out by portland) and this year we couldnt purchse the suns pick and take on brian grant to get rondo, williams or lowry etc. I dont know about billy's excuse today about phoenix wouldnt want to ship the pick to us blah blah blah. All I know is BK didnt freaking anti up again this year.

Quote:

I had known for several weeks that we were taking Williams but I was so shocked at the promise it was hard to fathom. This is a professional team with a professional GM...right? But on the other hand you better not break a promise to Arn Tellem because he can cut your stones off with scissors when it comes to free agents. So I was 99.9% certain that the promise would turn out.

I didn't get why they worked out Foye, Williams, Rondo, and O'Bryant because they were locked with Shelden. I was hoping that we were moving Childress for a PG or Combo...no such luck.

I don't like the Shelden Williams pick...I have on good authority that some other NBA teams were silently getting a good chuckle about BK's love for this kid. Of course, maybe Shelden turns out OK...but there was absolutely nothing good coming from falling in love with a marginal top 8-12 prospect at #5. Billy could have conducted a normal draft and still had Shelden at #5 ALL DAY LONG.

I have a much bigger problem with the way we ran the draft...than the actual draft pick. It just reeked of rank amatuerism and it makes you wonder if this guy really knows what he is doing. When you make a promise like that it will 100% get out...it has to because Shelden has workouts with other teams...even if a specific team isn't mentioned it is easy to start connecting the dots. I was stunned by how we ran this draft. And just as surprised that the Atlanta Spirit let this happen the way it did. You would think that somebody on the conference call would say..."Wait a minute guys, is it really smart to stop the whole draft and show all of our cards"? I'm having some real doubts about these owners...I'm not sure about Belkin either...but come on guys.

I did not want Shelden at 5 but the promise deal is way overrated and could have worked in our favor. You want Shelden you have to go through us. Either make us a offer or move ahead of us. If not we (BK) take the player he wanted all along.

All these rumors about Shelden staying at Boston make no sense at all (they have Jefferson) but Minny and Philly both need a rebounding big man.

Unless you think kandiman and Delembert are all they are getting paid for. We were not the only team that let it out, we wanted Shelden, but we are the only team getting lambasted for it by the press..

Welcome to the real Hawks Reality...

Quote:

But, we got our man, right? It's all good.

We did get him and Philly and Minny did not; that's pretty obvious.

So now tell me something no fan knows but you and your insider big time agent friend know. Who is the guard we are going after?

I am setting on pins and needles waiting to hear your "insider" info on this...