• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

yay for speedy slipping in under the wire

boo for belkin being possibly worse than sterling

why isn't the ruling that they can't sign anyone for more than one year UNLESS belkin agrees?

that way if we wanna trade for a large one-year expiring + a long-term low-salary potential player, we could do it if belkin likes that potential player

I am wondering the same thing.

What a mess.

I realize Belkin is the villain here but how dumb are the other spirit owners to let it come to this? At this point I would MUCH, MUCH rather an entirely new owner enter the picture and buy all these morons out. The Hawks need the proverbial "white knight."

• Moderators

Quote:

"Circuit Court Judge Eric Johnson said in court Thursday that the order would not apply to players with whom negotiations already have been initiated, meaning, for example, that the Hawks apparently are free to complete their planned signing of free agent point guard Speedy Claxton to a multi-year contract."

So technically anybody we have intitated negotiations with prior to the ruling, we can sign?

You shouldn't get hypertechnical reading an article about a judge's ruling.

If there is a quote from the order that would be more meaningful.

pietrus? ehhh...didn't know much about him but he could play backup sg for us..his numbers don't impress me too much but he's been in the league 3 years and is only 24 years old...

i don't know he's a borderliner backup...maybe with new surroundings, he'll have new focus.

Murphy is a doubledouble machine. Although we're duplicated at the forward position, he'll bring good defense, hussle, and rebounding.

and for those still giving support to Belkin, i don't see how anyone can want this guy at all...i'd rather have idiot owners with good intent than [censored] owner not wanting to spend money.

a simple equation-

owner that doesn't want to spend money- never playoffs, never championship

owners that arent bright in legal matters with GM you may not agree with- possible playoffs, possible championship, possible fire GM.

pick one.

If that is all that has been worked out to this point on the Al front, I would say let him walk for the MLE somewhere nice. Then start negotiations with David Andersen, he would immediately become more valuable and would be our last option this summer.

I don't see how a guy like Murphy who "doesn't fit" in GS because they want to play uptempo is going to fit any better here, particularly at his salary.

As for Pietrus, when and where will he play? If JJ and Smoove start, Chillz and Marvin will likely get all the BU minutes at SF and Chillz and Salim will likely get all the backup minutes at SG. I just don't see where he fits.

Quote:

If that is all that has been worked out to this point on the Al front, I would say let him walk for the MLE somewhere nice. Then start negotiations with David Andersen, he would immediately become more valuable and would be our last option this summer.

espn message boards... Enough said.

IMHO, the ruling limiting the team to 1 year contracts during the appeals process is really not necessary, considering the NBA already has an infrastructure in place to keep teams fiscally responsible --- namely the Salary and Luxury taxes.

Why not just mandate that the Spirit stay under the cap? BK has consistently proven that he will not overspend, therefore, it should be a moot point from Belkin's view --- unless you want to run the franchise on the cheap. This just validates their claim of Belkin not wanting to spend to the cap :-(

Quote:

IMHO, the ruling limiting the team to 1 year contracts during the appeals process is really not necessary, considering the NBA already has an infrastructure in place to keep teams fiscally responsible --- namely the Salary and Luxury taxes.

Why not just mandate that the Spirit stay under the cap? BK has consistently proven that he will not overspend, therefore, it should be a moot point from Belkin's view --- unless you want to run the franchise on the cheap. This just validates their claim of Belkin not wanting to spend to the cap :-(

I hate judges. Like that dude that judge that got shot by Brian Nichols last year. Two things I hate.... Judges and cops. They're crooked as h*ll.

It's obvious Belkin is going to end up with the teams.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I hate judges. Like that dude that judge that got shot by Brian Nichols last year. Two things I hate.... Judges and cops. They're crooked as h*ll.

That is way over the line. That judge and the others killed by Nichols did not deserve to be killed. Hopefully, he is going to burn.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is way over the line. That judge and the others killed by Nichols did not deserve to be killed. Hopefully, he is going to burn.

Child Molesters get free... Murders get free... Rapist get free and commit crimes over and over again.

I know it's offtopic... That's onething that bugs me. Pencil pushing cops get a raise in Atlanta when the real hero's the fire fighers don't get one.

I feel for the reporter that got shot. The other two? I don't have any sympathy for.

I know it's way offtopic... but.

Quote:

He ordered that the other owners are to "not initiate the purchase, sale, trade or negotiation of any NBA or NHL player contract ... excluding contracts involving
present or future draft picks
and contracts for any other player with a contract duration of one year or less."

Hmmm...does this mean O'Bryant could still be had in the GS deal?