• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This ain't good - legal news

Nurlman

I'm sure you do way more for society than the cops who put their lives on the line to protect us crazy.gif You've got issues man. There will be abusers at any position with any authority. It's human nature

-------------

"I hate..." - Hotlantadude81

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I'm sure you do way more for society than the cops who put their lives on the line to protect us crazy.gif You've got issues man. There will be abusers at any position with any authority. It's human nature

Like I said... I know it's offtopic, but don't firefighters put their lives on the line for people? Where's their raise?

I've seen far more "abusers of authority" when it comes to cops than I have FF's. Also, the cops basically robbed my dad in a pull over a few years ago. They took his money and they kept it.

You can speak for yourself, but there's not a cop that's done a single thing for me. So I don't have to think highly of them.

Quote:

Our opinions are victims of our experiences.

Three cops just got busted yesterday for different reasons. I've never been in trouble with the law... I can't say they've screwed me over personally.

But there have been situations were cops have been involved and they've rubbed me the wrong was. In fact, my neighbors are druggies and they always come through the yard at night. Cops didn't do anything about it forever.

Didn't even go up and question the people. Yeah, they're on their best behavior on the cop shows that you watch when the camera is rolling on them... But...

i'm not disagreeing. i've had my own runins with cops just being aholes because they can (and i've met cool cops too). just making a statement that people's opinions base themselves mostly on experiences with other people's opinions adding a bit to that.

and honestly you're going to continue to have problems not just that but in many walks of our life because we live in a system that rewards the wrong jobs with hgh wages..teachers, cops, they don't pay to get the best qualified out there who can do good jobs.

but the hawks still have a few options...i wonder if smoove or marvelous can play a little sg ina big lineup.

Quote:

like I said cops have powers, firemen don't. Anytime there's a job with power, some will abuse it. Give firemen the right to arrest people and some of them will abuse it

Don't change my feelings toward cops. They don't deserve higher pay than fire fighers IMO and from my experiences... Cops are worse without a doubt.

I just wanted to stop in and say, I love the Atlanta Hawks. I love how they missuse talent. I love how they are an automatic W when we play them. I love how mismanaged they are. I love the horrible decisions made by the worst GM in all of basketball, Billy Knight. I love Steve Belkin for hindering your team's progress this season. And most of all, I will LOVE that top 5 draft pick next offseason.

God Bless you Belkin, and thank you Atlanta. The Phoenix Suns love you! grin.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

I just wanted to stop in and say, I love the Atlanta Hawks. I love how they missuse talent. I love how they are an automatic W when we play them. I love how mismanaged they are. I love the horrible decisions made by the worst GM in all of basketball, Billy Knight. I love Steve Belkin for hindering your team's progress this season. And most of all, I will LOVE that top 5 draft pick next offseason.

God Bless you Belkin, and thank you Atlanta. The Phoenix Suns love you!
grin.gif

If it is top 5 it is probably ours. It is still top 3 protected.

Quote:

dont' know if it'll help but maybe if enough people send something, it'll at least make them more aware...

basically anything to help our team.

The Link To Belkin's Demise

Yeah, it kisses a bit of ass, but here's my 'upon returning home after beverages at the Braves game' contribution ...

Quote:

Dear League Office,

The Atlanta Hawks ownership fiasco, instigated and perpetuated by Steve Belkin, is destroying the franchise. Located in one of the league's largest viewership markets, the Hawks continue to make promising personnel decisions en route to fielding a team that can become a perennial playoff contender for years to come. The recent and baffling court decision by Maryland federal judge Eric Johnson threatens to undermine both the franchise's immediate and distant futures by preventing the Hawks to execute competetive roster moves.

As the Hawks suffer, the league also suffers; through silent PR and embarrassing press, the NBA's reputation for fairness and integrity diminishes. Indications suggest that Belkin strives to become the league's next Donald Sterling; in short, an embarrassment, an antithesis.

Sadly, the Atlanta Hawks, as well as the city of Atlanta, and the entire Hawks fan base, are not the only victims. Al Harrington, ever the consummate professional and teammate, also suffers. While he no longer fits the Hawks long-term plans, Harrington posted career numbers last season and has been receiving substancial interest on the free agency market. As a result of Steve Belkin's interference, however, his future financial stability, his very right to receive a fair contract, has been stripped away from him.

I understand and respect that this office's stance regarding most ownership situations has been one of reserve and restraint. I simply cannot, however, condone such silence in instances, such as this one, wherein the continuous fabric of a league that gives every indication of maintaining a competitive spirit threatens to rip asunder. I hope that this office will examine this situation to the fullest of its abilities, and subsequently adopt the appropriate action.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan in Atlanta

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

dont' know if it'll help but maybe if enough people send something, it'll at least make them more aware...

basically anything to help our team.

The Link To Belkin's Demise

Yeah, it kisses a bit of ass, but here's my 'upon returning home after beverages at the Braves game' contribution ...

Nice letter. Keep them coming people!

Well son of a [censored]. 229031_soapbox.GIF

Man it is difficult being a Hawks fan. Why are we so cursed like this? What did any of us as fans ever do to deserve this? It's just like, it never ends. It's one thing after another after another after another. When is the ending point, where the bad times turn around and everything's ok again?

I'd love to just say the hell with this and walk away from it all, but the sad part is even if that shitbag wins control of the team- I'll still probably follow it. I guess that's the curse of being a fan, but jeezum this fricken sucks and I'm just tired of it. I've had enough. I try not to wish ill or harm on anyone, so let me just say that I wouldn't shed a single tear if Belkin were to walk out his door tomorrow morning and get crushed by a runaway bus.

Quote:

I don't see how a guy like Murphy who "doesn't fit" in GS because they want to play uptempo is going to fit any better here, particularly at his salary.

As for Pietrus, when and where will he play? If JJ and Smoove start, Chillz and Marvin will likely get all the BU minutes at SF and Chillz and Salim will likely get all the backup minutes at SG. I just don't see where he fits.

I completely agree. Murphy is a less talented offensive player then Al, an equally poor defender and only a marginally better rebounder - which is much less of a concern now that the Hawks have drafted Sheldon.

That deal makes zero sense for the Hawks particularly in light of the large contract Murphy has and the existence of other power forward options already on the roster.

If the Hawks really want a finesse 6'10" guy why not just bring over Anderson?

1. I hope all of you who wanted Belking to be our owner feel like a dumbass fool right now. In World War II they shaved the heads of the sluts who slept with the Nazis, and I feel something like that is in order here.

2. Al is still tradeable, and we know BK has pulled of deals for expiring contracts before. I don't see another realistic possibility.

AHF, i never said i didn't regret his murder. it was a terrible thing.

phx_suns....ooooooh, you're so cool going to another fans website and insult their team. gosh i wish i was so cool as to think of doing that with your Arizona Cardinals team all these years...man you MUST be a genius with a life to take the time to insert that bit of pulitzer material on a random board. congratulations sir.

Quote:

I completely agree. Murphy is a less talented offensive player then Al, an equally poor defender and only a marginally better rebounder - which is much less of a concern now that the Hawks have drafted Sheldon.

That deal makes zero sense for the Hawks particularly in light of the large contract Murphy has and the existence of other power forward options already on the roster.

I would have to agree with this. I couldn't see taking on Murphy's contract without getting one of their talented young players in return. I know that supposedly Biedrins and Ellis are off-limits in any trade discussions by Golden State, but the fact is they might have to pony up one of those guys (or P. O'Bryant) if they really want Al Harrington.

I guess the good thing about Murphy is that he is still a relatively moveable player. I know that Chicago for one had a lot of interest in him, and I'd imagine that some other teams would too. He is after all a pretty good bet to put up double figures in points and rebounds. So if worst came to worst, we could probably trade him off at some future date.