• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can someone start an anti-Belkin website w/

DeacKillsaDevil

yeah something in like a fireBelkin.com although of course he can't be fired...lets see... BanishBelkin.com or BelkinIsPureEvil.com... BelkinTheAntiFan.com... Belkinzibub.com.. or maybe something for the kids like BarfonBelkinsBigFatHead.com..

Shakeofdeath.com could be a site dedicated to BK if Belkin wins.

I keep hearing he wants to move the team to Las Vegas.

This whole thing is about the ATLANT HAWKS so why are they seeing a judge in maryland who most likely knows nothing about the situation and Belkin doesn't even stay in Atlanta,I think he stays in Boston.

• Premium Member

Would it even be neccessary? Is there any way that he would let this clown run a ballclub? I mean, if the league has to approve of Belkin...or if Stern has the utlimate say-so...that's gotta mean that in the long run, Belkin is wasting his time and money.

I cannot possibly see how the league would approve of him and this high-school drama that he's forced upon the starving Atlanta basketball market - those of us who care enough to know anyway.

• Premium Member

I am not trying to put a damper on this (seeing as I am definately pro-ATL Spirit), but does Belkin have to be voted in again since he was already voted in with the rest of the Spirit group when they bought the team?

• Premium Member

Quote:

am not trying to put a damper on this (seeing as I am definately pro-ATL Spirit), but does Belkin have to be voted in again since he was already voted in with the rest of the Spirit group when they bought the team?

actually he does. The reason why he was with a group both times that he applied for teams recently was because of the finances. Without the rest of the Spirit, it's unknown if he has the finances to sustain the team. Therefore, he would basically have to re-apply.

I don't know if the other owners consider anything other than his financial portfolio when considering him for ownership? However, I get the feeling that Stern doesn't like him. Therefore Stern being a good Mob Boss would probably have him wacked.

Seems to me that Belkin has crossed a line, at least in Stern's eyes, where he impacts his players and the competitiveness of the team. That seems to be a different level than what has happened before. Gotta believe the more shenanigans he pulls, the more he pisses off Stern. And that's a good thing for us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Seems to me that Belkin has crossed a line, at least in Stern's eyes, where he impacts his players and the competitiveness of the team. That seems to be a different level than what has happened before. Gotta believe the more shenanigans he pulls, the more he pisses off Stern. And that's a good thing for us.

I agree. The NBA is a big organization and I would think that Stern and the other owners would never approve Belkin. Now this Maryland judge issued a ruling and there appears to me that the league and their legal staff would step in and help at this point. Belkin has crossed the line when you try to keep a team from being competitve.

Quote:

I keep hearing he wants to move the team to Las Vegas.

I think there is a 20 year lease signed with Philips or something, but you get the feeling that Belkin would find an out clause. Something like if he can demonstrate the city no longer supports the team, he can move it. Which would inevitably happen when Philips is constantly getting egged and die hard fans start sacrificing their first born sons.

• Premium Member

I mean, how hard is it to produce a receipt? "Here ya go. Look, I got ef-teen krafillion dollars in the bank. I got the money to run this joint."

As a matter of fact, I know there's more to it than money. There was talk even before the Spirit bought the team about the NBA taking a hard look at the multi-headed ownership thing and having concerns; and after this bullsh!t erupted, it was brought up again, if I am not mistaken, in letters that Stern sent to the Spirit urging them to get their crap together.

I have a feeling if Belkin were to win, the first thing the league would do is cite his inability to help stabilize a franchise and his lack of compassion for what's best for the fans (HUGE); and if he comes back to the table with partners? OMG, the man is the epitome of dissension and he has personally demonstrated the #1 reason why the league should be weary of mulitheaded ownership.

If he has to reapply, I see no reason why the league would approve of it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Stern has already informed Mr. Belkin -- who simply wants to be an @ss and tap dance this thing out for a long as he can.

Childish.

• Premium Member

There's no out in the contract that Belkin can find. McDavid found that to be an IRON CLAD agreement with the city and the franchise mainly because the PHil would not have been built if it didn't have the Hawks/Thrashers are a major part.

That's not to say that the city can't attract other acts, but the lease is one that prevents the city from having to.