• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SNT for Al

VDiLetto

I really believe that the team is not gonna let Al get away for nothing. I think they will do a deal and find some loophole in the judges ruling to complete it. Magloire would be nice. With Magloire, we would never have to let bautista or Edwards see the court!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have to let him walk for nothing, then so be it. We'll have that much extra room in cap-space, though whether we'd be allowed to use it thanks to Belkin, who knows?

But I'll tell ya Al doesn't want to walk, because he gets nothing out of that. He gets screwed over royally, because no team out there can afford to give him the kind of contract he'd get if we were able to work an SNT for him. But again, that's thanks to Belkin.

We don't know that a deal hasn't already been negotiated. If there was . . . . no one could say anything about it. It would be a violation of the league rules. The fact that Al has said nothing publicly makes me wonder if this is not the case.

If there was something that had been initiated but not finalized--because BK thought we might get a better deal, it would motivate him to finish it. I thought when Al came out ealier this week and said GS and Indy are interested, I thought that was pretty bold. Since then Indy has made some other deals which makes me think it was not them. However, GS has not made any significant deals (other than Fisher), so it could be the one that's going down.

If not, I would anticipate either the Players Union or Stern speaking up on behalf of Al and the competitiveness of the league. I guess we will waite and see.

I think this last ploy by Belkin may have shot himself in the foot with Stern and the league. I think he crossed a line that is meddling with Stern's baby.

This may very well work because Detroit has two first round picks next year. Their own and one from Orlando. The Pistons are going to be motivated to make some moves since they lost Big Ben. Not sure Al is exactly what they are looking for, but they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

This would work under the ruling becasue trading of draft picks is OK.

Quote:

I really believe that the team is not gonna let Al get away for nothing. I think they will do a deal and find some loophole in the judges ruling to complete it. Magloire would be nice. With Magloire, we would never have to let bautista or Edwards see the court!!!

Hey, Bautista is worthy of atleast 10-12 mpg at PF/C, because even though he's learning a lot, he is already a very strong banger, a good defender inside, solid rebounder, and has some post skills/ moves that he is developing.

Now Edwards, on the other hand, hasn't done anything in 2 years, so if we add Magloire or another quality big, I think we should drop John. Especially if Andersen comes over as well.

This was on the RealGM board and the Piston fans are eating up the news that Al be in Detroit. (on their board)

Detroit Trades

PF: Antonio McDyess

C: Dale Davis

07 Orlando 1st Rd Pick

Atlanta Trades

PF: Al Harrington

Dale Davis is an expiring contract, and Dyess has a player option for 07/08. These 2 vets could help in the locker room, and maybe give some direction to these young kids.. From what I read the Hawks can't take back contracts longer than 1 year.. Like I said Dyess has 2 years at the MLE, but I'm positive he would opt out to get another MLE with a contender.. You also get the Orlando 1st which is a later Lottery pick, and at the worst mid-round (unlikely imo). Would thuis package work to get Harrington.

Neither of these guys are 22 years old though.

That deal isn't ideal, but considering the moronic ruling its the best we can probably hope for.

I am not sure the ruling will stand and Belkin had better let it go if he ever wants to own or be a part of a professional sports franchise. How can that guy believe that anyone would trust him after this mess?

I really like that deal with Detroit. I really believe we need some veterans on this team that know how to win. I feel like our young big guys like Solomon, Zaza, and Sheldon could learn a lot from both of these players. If we got a 1st round pick out of this as well, so be it. I would honestly take just the 2 vets.

Speedy, Lue, Ivey

JJ, Salim,

Marvin, Childress

Smith, Sheldon, Davis

Zaza, McDyess

That leaves us Solomon and Bautista and Grundy to call up if we have injuries

• Premium Member

For the last couple of days, there's been whispers on HoopsHype of a 3-way involving Harrington to Indy, but the third team had not been evident... perhaps now it is.

confused.gif

I doubt that Indy would help Detroit get AL or visa versa..It appears both teams want AL..It may be who figures out how to get us a decent player with 1 year on his contract from a 3rd team or the right draft choices that wins..

• Premium Member

You're right... maybe the Detroit whispers are not related to the Indy whispers.

But then again, perhaps Detroit could be targeting some assets from the Indy roster(???).

for sure IMO. Both are active bigs with a lot of playoff experience and would be tremendous leaders for us. I see no reason to think that we wouldnt almost be a lock for the playoffs this year with all of these additions and in that circumstance I could definitely see one or both of them re-upping with us next year since we would be a legit playoff team. The Orlando pick would be nice as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I could definitely see one or both of them re-upping with us next year since we would be a legit playoff team.

Why would you want to resign a player like Dale Davis who is 37 and can't play anymore to take a roster spot from someone who can play but needs to develop?

we'd have the biggest lineup on the planet WITHOUT a 7 footer. that's like 10 centers/forwads and couple sg's and pgs for good measure...

noone would drive on us....

but that would also hinder our young talent...mcdyess/davis contract- are they one year ones?

If Al stays he needs to be reined in by Woody to play within our system. His minutes need to be cut back and he needs to play within the offense, something that he didn't always do. We will have more options on offense and the ball needs to be spread around. And if he plays less minutes, he needs to put more energy into his defense.

His remaining with us will help the chemestry a great deal, and baring the unforeseen, we won't have to start the year with a death and/or 16 ?? straight losses?