• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MW says he is a better player

BornandDieHawks

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think that he had has the balls to come into this one!!!

I don't think this thread is all that intimidating. If Diesel wants to regurgitate the same views on Marvin we've heard ad nauseum from him in the past then he will do so. Some people posting positively about their hopes for Marvin next season isn't going to disuade him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

That is a nice lineup. I would have Marvin at the 3 and Josh Smith at the 4.

Zsa Zsa , Salim, Lue and Childress off the bench is nice. Not to mention what we get for Al.

This lineup can win some games!!!

I just think you got to have a starting lineup that's somewhat defensive to start out the game. I know the minutes even out, but I jus think you got to set the tone with a decent defensive unit.

Quote:

That is the same thinking that made us start Royal Ivey...fuk that. Defense is a mentality.

The difference is Shelden is supposed to be a pretty skilled player isn't he?

That's the difference.... Of course you don't want to throw guys out there that are not skilled... But you drafted a guy that's 5th and he supposed to play defense so you put him out there.

You drafted Marvin with the 2nd pick to be an allstar for you. You signed ZaZa for what? Hoping to get a solid player for a good price.

Teams with no toughness aren't going to play good defense. SW is supposed to add that. With that, and Marvin and what he was drafted for... They got to play.

When Billy Knight drafted Marvin over a position of need it means even more.

And it's not like ZaZa's production is overly impressive. There's a chance SW playing 30MPG can atleast match 11/7 and play better defense in the process.

ZaZa seems like a good 25MPG player.. But he seems really flawed. You say defense can be learned? How many bad euro defensive players have actually became a good defensive player?

Like I've said before, it makes no sense for Zaza to be a starter in our future plans simply because of the role we brought him in to play. He unexpectedly exceeded his expectations last year but we can't lose track of the fact that he was only brought in to be a role player.

Marvin Williams on the other hand was the 2nd pick in the NBA draft. The fact that Zaza has guaranteed starting minutes over a player like Marvin is mind boggling to me.

yeah I think Zaza will be a bench guy if we're ever really good, but benching him because you expected him to be a bench guy doesn't make any sense. Decisions should be made based on how good the players are and how good you expect them to be

• Premium Member

Teke teke teke...

Your logic makes me say Yikes. Nobody was thread hijacking... Is that your latest weak attempt to avoid the conversation.??

I mean, like a trained sealed you and your cronies spend about 44% of this thread talking about what I'm going to say?

Well, maybe you're right. Maybe I did hijack this thread without saying one word??

Damn, I'm good!!

I got you trained Teke!!!

N E Way. Please work on that weak-ass logic that says you punish a guy for doing good?

Quote:

This is a positive Marvin Williams post which means that Mr. "I gotta post in every thread an anti-Marvin comment on HS" Diesel will probably stay away from this one. I don't think that he had has the balls to come into this one!!!

Diesel you are the only one on this site that takes your posts seriously. grin.gif

• Premium Member

I'm sorry,

I'm from a place where players had to earn their time on the court. I mean, he splits time with JSmoove. He played 25 mpg last season.

Now all the sudden, we want to PUNISH Zaza.

Play at least 2 players out of their natural position just so that Marvin can start??

Whatever happened to earning the start? Outplaying the other guy for the court time??

I guess these things just don't matter anymore. That's probably why we're so f----- --! We're making personell decision based on draft positions rather than based on who can actually get it done.

Some things are so simple that they shouldn't have to be explained.

But for those lacking common sense.

You DON'T Punish Zaza back to the bench because you want to play 2 players out of position. In My mind, Zaza has earned that position until somebody takes it from him!

Quote:

I'm sorry,

I'm from a place where players had to earn their time on the court. I mean, he splits time with JSmoove. He played 25 mpg last season.

Now all the sudden, we want to PUNISH Zaza.

Play at least 2 players out of their natural position just so that Marvin can start??

Whatever happened to earning the start? Outplaying the other guy for the court time??

I guess these things just don't matter anymore. That's probably why we're so f----- --! We're making personell decision based on draft positions rather than based on who can actually get it done.

Some things are so simple that they shouldn't have to be explained.

But for those lacking common sense.

You DON'T Punish Zaza back to the bench because you want to play 2 players out of position. In My mind, Zaza has earned that position until somebody takes it from him!

Call me when he plays defense and gets a polished offensive game. It's about improving the team and the talent that you've put stock in.

ZaZa only started last year anyway most likely because there wasn't anybody else worth a crap. ZaZa from what I seen of him is a junk player on offense...

It's not like he put up 18/9 at center. His average numbers combined with his lack of defense make him not so great. He earned? Tell me something... If he's earned so much, why was he a bench scrub with the Bucks? Why was he a late pick in the draft? Don't look like he's earned so much to me.

It's not like he really beat anyone out last year. His competetion was a guy that can't speak english and John Edwards.

It's funny that you talk about earning when ZaZa got the job by default last year.

I can't see the point in screwing around with junk players and keeping somebody you need to develop on the bench. I'm not using the term "Junk" to insult ZaZa... He's just what he is.

ZaZa is 22 and could be a rookie this year. He put up better numbers than Bogut and is about the same age. Junk? Your showing some solid ignorance...does he have areas to improve? Yes. But he is 22...he is going to make Hawk fans pretty happy in the next couple of years. This is just like saying Marvin is a bust at 20. There are some people on this board that do basketball an injustice because they don't know their azz from their elbow.

The kid is 22...not 30. Junk? Come on.

Quote:

ZaZa is 22 and could be a rookie this year. He put up better numbers than Bogut and is about the same age. Junk? Your showing some solid ignorance...does he have areas to improve? Yes. But he is 22...he is going to make Hawk fans pretty happy in the next couple of years. This is just like saying Marvin is a bust at 20. There are some people on this board that do basketball an injustice because they don't know their azz from their elbow.

I don't care if he's 22 or not. Every young player does not make big improvements. Youth is very much overrated these days... It;s like people always assume young players will get alot better.

Second of all, I didn't mean junk in THAT way. It's laughable that you guys would rather have a role player in there instead of the second 2 pick. That pick has to be justified... At the very least, we have to find out if Marvin can get it done.

You can't have it both ways. If Marvin and S.Williams can't get the starting spot over ZaZa their busts. They were selected 2nd and 5th in the draft.

Bogut??? Bogut is sharing time with other big man... Who is ZaZa sharing time with? Think about that would you praise ZaZa for his production.

ZaZa is not superstar potential... Marvin is supposed to be.

Enough said.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't care if he's 22 or not. Every young player does not make big improvements. Youth is very much overrated these days... It;s like people always assume young players will get alot better.

Second of all, I didn't mean junk in THAT way. It's laughable that you guys would rather have a role player in there instead of the second 2 pick. That pick has to be justified... At the very least, we have to find out if Marvin can get it done.

You can't have it both ways. If Marvin and S.Williams can't get the starting spot over ZaZa their busts. They were selected 2nd and 5th in the draft.

Bogut??? Bogut is sharing time with other big man... Who is ZaZa sharing time with? Think about that would you praise ZaZa for his production.

ZaZa is not superstar potential... Marvin is supposed to be.

Enough said.

Also, keep in mind that Bogut shoots 53% from the field... From what it seems.... ZaZa shoots a weak 45%.

^ but its not like he hasn't shown signs. He's already one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, and he has a pretty nifty offensive game.

That said, I do think we need to start Marvin. maybe not all the time a first, but we definately need to see what he can do when he's the go to guy.

Anywho, in responnse to the article, I think that's great. I espically like hearing that's he's gotten stronger. Maybe now he won't hit the deck every time he goes in the paint now, lol.

When did what's best for the Hawks go out the window for what's best for Marvin? Who says that a player can only develop if he starts and plays 48 minutes. Marvin is going to get around 30-35 minutes, whether he starts or not. But if he is coming off the bench, he gives the team great depth, an underrated asset of any playoff contender. Let's all forget about draft position and start worrying about winning some freakin' games!!!!

Quote:

Just check out Marvin Williams split stats from last year. I posted it another tread. The post was in response to Diesel thread about Monta Ellis. Can you believe that MW is younger than Ellis?

Yea I can believe it and he is going to be so much better!