2004-jameer nelson/ david harrison was available too, as was duhon

2003-david west, josh howard

2002-Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Boozer

2001- Zach Randolph, Jamaal Tinsley, Sam Dalembert, Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas

2000- Jamal Magliore, Speedy Claxton, Mike Redd

1999- Jeff Foster, Andrei Kirilenko, Ginobli

1998-Al Harrington, Rashard Lewis, Cuttino Mobley

1997-Bobby Jackson, Bonzi Wells, Stephen Jackson

As you can see, that pick isnt worthless, its just what we do with it. I'm not saying BK will take the right player, but every year, the right player is available there. And yes, some of these guys above have gone on to average 19 a game and become better players than Al. You'll also see that some of the centers that have been mentioned on this board such as Mags, Daly and Foster were all available in this range.

The pick isnt worthless, unless used to draft another Ed Gray, Cal Bowdler..etc. And don't forget, we got Josh Smith at 17.

I'm not in residency yet. I'm starting my third year rotations, and I'm in North Mississippi. I'll be doing some away rotations at different sites though, one of which will be in Columbus, GA, hopefully if everything gets confirmed. They have a program I'm looking into, because I'm actually leaning towards doing family medicine as opposed to orthopaedics now. I think the broadness of the practice of family medicine is what is attracting me. I won't be doing the same thing day in and day out, and I can get training to do some procedural stuff such as colonoscopies, EGDs, comestic procedures, echocardiograms, and dermatological type stuff.

Quote:

Dr Z. I'm impressed that you made a post without being sarcastic. Nice move.

I know, I know.. bad habit of mine. frown.gif

I get the impression that the Bucks want a small forward and/or relief from their contracts. I'd hate to see us give up either Salim or Lue. Salim because he can change a game around in the fourth quarter with his shooting and Lue becuase of his leadership. Gotta have some maturity for our young guys.

All in all if we had to that would not be that much to give up for Mags.

Quote:

An invalid is a person that is partially or completely disabled....such as a person with a mental disability.

Somehow, I knew that medical term would be above most of you.

English teacher here. Invalid is a homograph--words written the same way, but pronounced differently. An example is read (present) and read (past). I had the same problem understanding its use at first. Invalid (noun, one who is disabled) is one form. Invalid (adjective, lacking validity) might also fit the context. No way to tell unless you can hear the word. Invalid, as in "one who is disabled," doesn't seem to have much exclusivity to the medical field, especially as compared to the plethora of Latin- and Greek-based terms, which I claim to have little knowledge of.

By the way, I read a lot here and don't care about the "errors" (make some of my own). They entertain me and seem to be the result of impassioned ideas rather than ignorance. I don't think of myself as a language snob. I care more about the debates and the the info than their forms. I only responded when an incorrect understanding of English was used to establish some kind of intellectual superiority. Obviously, you have demonstrated your fine skills elsewhere, but you are wrong here.

It's not that they disagree. It's the fact they don't understand core concepts. For example, people don't realize why Troy Murphy is not "value" in return for Al Harrington. He actually is a better player than Al, but his contract is so large that he's a negative value acquisition. Cap room is precious in the NBA. If you are indiscriminant over where you spend it, you'll end up with a long-term loser.