• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maybe we should change the name to HawkBitch.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Gosh...

We make an acquisition that basically was needed...

and all we have here is moaning about who we didn't get. I could understand if we were talking about for a great needed position that could fill a hole. BUT HS is bitching about the BU position. and the sad part is we got a very capable BU... AND he was the one of the best BU quality Cs on the board..

But we're bitching because we didn't get Pryz or Butler... neither of whom wanted to be here?

Carry on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Gosh...

We make an acquisition that basically was needed...

and all we have here is moaning about who we didn't get. I could understand if we were talking about for a great needed position that could fill a hole. BUT HS is bitching about the BU position. and the sad part is we got a very capable BU... AND he was the one of the best BU quality Cs on the board..

But we're bitching because we didn't get Pryz or Butler... neither of whom wanted to be here?

Carry on.

Amen.

D, it's time likes these that I miss Jaywalker. He would always come in and calm us down...

...Maybe Graymule can take over that role.

• Premium Member

I'm seeing:

MrH vs. Exodus/Reject.

Chillz vs. Walt.

Walt vs. KB.

Everyone vs. KB.

Everyone else vs. Walt.

Southron vs. no one in particular.

Exodus vs. the dreaded IP Check.

Johnny Bravo vs. The Artist

Dr. Z. vs. The fabulous Mullah.

Gray Mule vs. person from parts unknow weight unknown.

GSUteke vs. ???

Reject vs. the spelling bee finalist from 1992.

KB vs. those two ass cheeks...

Hawksquawk is becoming the royal rumble.

Becuase of LO!

Diesel argued constantly before the trade deadline that we shouldn't trade Al, that we could get more for him in a summer SNT deal. When it was suggested that the Hawks could get a 1st round pick and expirers for him Diesel scoffed, saying we would be giving away Al for nothing.

Funny how he isn't saying anything about the Al SNT deal now. I wonder why.

Not only are they not getting much for Al but his cap hold has cripped the Hawks in the free agent market. Of course I am not holding my breath waiting for Diesel to admit he was wrong.

My beef is that Bernie was talking about Magloire earlier, then he changed it to Lo. Big difference, plus he has been hyping this as some great move...

Certainly this move is a stagnant one, are we supposed to be excited about a backup center? Are we supposed to be upset that we spent money on Lo? Certainly not. This move is just so bland and its comical that Bernie has been hyping this for the past week.

Is there a problem with Lo and the deal he got? No, it isn't like we got a steal or we overpaid. Its just so bland.

• Premium Member

First off, we don't know exactly who Bernie was talking about. I honestly think Bernie uses these reports for 2 reasons.

1. PR.

2. Leverage in Negotiations.

What need would Bernie have to spill the beans anyway?

Secondly about Magloire. I get the feeling that we couldn't meet Milwaukee's damands because Indy is trying too hard to screw us up the butt.

What good is getting the one year's rental for Chillz and at the same time losing the unprotected nature of the 1st.

I would have counted that a BIG LOSS.

I respect BK's prudence in this matter. INDY knew that they were holding us up on a deal. They knew that they could probably get us to take an protected 1st instead of an unprotected first. BK stuck to his guns. I'm not mad.

• Premium Member

Even before you listen to the other fans..

Think about it.

we got a 6'11 guy who's about 245 and runs the floor well to be our BU. Sure this guy is an underachiever.. but he was cheap and he's not so old that he can't be useful.

There are no attitude issues with Lo.

He's coachable.

He probably won't beat out Zaza as starter, but he will definitely play some useful minutes.

and we're bitching about guys that didn't want to be here?

One thing about our team.. we have a volunteer teams. Guys who are here wanted to be here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gosh...

D, it's time likes these that I miss Jaywalker. He would always come in and calm us down...

...Maybe Graymule can take over that role.

[/indent]

Where is Walker these days?

[/indent]

Living in another state besides Georgia and enjoying a nice, happy family life with a job that keeps him on the road alot. I find it hard to get in touch with him these days although he's still in touch with the team.

And Diesel its just Sothron, not Southron. Although the name years back did come from the Tolkien name.
tongue.gif

• Premium Member

One thing about Walker...

and I really liked Jay Walker.. even tried to work with him.

But here's my question..

Why is JW Apostate?

Where is he in the world that he can't drop in on HS once a month?

Was being a hawksfan just a gig?

(I know it wasn't..).

When Denberg left (passed), I was hoping that somebody like Jay Walker could replace him. We went from Lee to Sekou.. I don't have any problems with either guy but why not get a fan who is also a Journalist.

That's another story.

I guess from time to time, people leave the squawk.. but even Playmaker will pop up when we play the Kings and even Employee #8 will come around when Walks in town... and I don't know about the legions of Hanno Mottola fans... But where's Jay?

The worst thing about Jaywalker's absense is I used to like seeing him at every home game in this dorky JT jersey representing this site and fans in general. I thought JayWalker was sorta banned by the Hawks I guess from coming to Hawksquawk after he did those reports on our predraft workouts. I notice he is a moderator on the Braves Scout site but never see him post there or anywhere. I still like this site but it's definitely turned into Hawksbitch and just stupid post central compared to in the past. We only had Hotts in his prior chatname and then that goofy kid reporter here in the past that disrupted the solid flow of info and good chat. I did read a good post or two by both KB and Walter today, maybe we are turning the corner!!

Quote:

I think, and this is just amatuer shrink hour here, that he wanted to make a clean break with his old life and he has absolutely minimized his internet time accordingly. I chide him when I speak to him to go post something on the boards here and at realgm but he is unwilling to do it.

Eh, I respect the fact that he's chosen to minimize his internet activity. It's way too easy to waste far too much time on the internet, and get wrapped up in it to the point where it becomes very easy to lose sight of the fact that there's this whole big, wide, beautiful world just waiting out there all around you.

I say more power to him.