• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Laker/Hawks Rumors are true..............

Wurider05

we must be trading Lue as well. Because we would have Smush, Speedy, Ivey, and Lue and point guard. And secondly I am not sold on Bynum. Sure he dunked on shaq but he is a project. I find it funny how alot of you guys don't consider the potential of some of our own players but would trade half the farm for some else's project because they could be a dominant big man. If the rumors are true I think that we would be better off with Mihm than Bynum.

I am basing the players in this post based off what the Laker forums are reporting as to what the proposed deal is based on what is reported on the radio out there.

Quote:

He just said Bynum is unproven. That is true. I would like to have him, but honestly, we don't know that he will be any better than Diop (who was called "a beast" at one point, too).

true. however just like Walter and MW KB has a pattern with BK.

i'm hoping for Bynum personally. if it happens it'll be funny to see the spin doctor at work.

nothing more to that thought CBA on my part, nothing less.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Yeah. It's the "grass-is-always-greener-on-the-other-side" complex that many Hawks fans have.

Give me the proven player Chris Mihm and the rapidly improving player Brian Cook over the project Andrew Bynum anyday.

You're laughable, KB. If BK says get BPA, you agree even when he's wrong about it. If he doesn't, you agree, even if he's wrong about that. I could go on about your lack of identity independent of BK, but now you are dissing Bynum because you know BK won't get it don't but might return us some loser stiffs. Whooppee! We get Mihm and Cook for a year over VAST BIG MAN POTENTIAL at age 18!

You're a hoot!

W

Why in the world would a young and rebuilding team like the Hawks want a proven mediocre player in Mihm over a young unproven, but potentially good player in Bynum?..Besides that, if we were about to get Mihm why would we have wasted 3 million on Lo?..That just doesn't make any sense..

I'll admit, I'd love to have a player like Andrew Bynum to groom. If we can find a way to get him with only Al Harrington / 2nd round pick / John Edwards and(or) Tyron Lue, we have to do it. I'd take him over a 2007 1st unless we have a good shot at a top 5-10 pick. I'd still probably take it over that, though.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Why in the world would a young and rebuilding team like the Hawks want a proven mediocre player in Mihm over a young unproven, but potentially good player in Bynum?..Besides that, if we were about to get Mihm why would we have wasted 3 million on Lo?..That just doesn't make any sense..

When BK went all mediocre on us drafting for need when the talent edge was clearly in other's favor, getting uninspired BU centers when we already have a decent BU center (but one that doesn't fit the bill alongside a JS/MW forward tandem), KB had to switch gears. He's all about supporting the mediocre over BPA, potential now. Pretty soon he'll be singing the praises of 35 win seasons and how BK's "vision" has kept salaries so low that ticket prices aren't increasing at the rate of healthcare costs.

W

• Premium Member

The very guy you are defending is the best example of the golden rule about big men: as a general rule its not until they are 25 or 26 years old that you really see what they are about because it takes them that long to adopt their body to the NBA game.

Mihm was given up on by Cleveland too early. He goes to the Lakers where with a dash of confidence in him by the coaching staff he finally has matured into what he should be (barring injuries) until he's 33-35 years old: a decent backup starter or a mediocre starting one.

Bynum's potential is so much higher than Mihm's current on court value that is not even close to measuring them. Bynum is the complete package of a center that we desperately need on our team: he can score in the low post which currently we have ZERO guys that can do that, he can rebound and he can fill the lane. By filling the lane I mean more than getting assist blocks but able to hold his position in the paint AND block the low post scorer.

There is no guarantee he will live up to his potential. I have seen nothing in him that makes me give up on him. Cleveland in recent history has given up on at least two big men in Mihm and Diop that have shown that they can start in the NBA. At a low cost to get a big man that we can't pry away in FA we would be FOOLS not to jump all over Bynum if he's really available.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Seriously, how often has a "project" big man actually panned out in the NBA?

There are so few that come along. Legit NBA-size and ability centers. The posers don't pan out often, true, but Bynum is definately not a poser. Not even close. Anyone that can scout out Garnett in a pick-up game knows this.

Add to what sothron posted. Bynum can also run the floor for a big man. It would be tremendous to have a big man that can so dominate the boards, start the break, and with his size be a 2ndry break finisher for us.

The fact is that there is nothing Bynum cannot do even at this stage in development. Remember, he's 18 years old. That's 1 less than MW, both young for the year they came out. And Bigs always develop later, yet he's still ahead of the game showing no signs of not becoming great if not dominant.

KB, it just sounds pathetic for you to diss Bynum. You the once, BPA at all costs, guru. BK changes his tune and makes moves toward mediocrity and you follow suit with "Mihm and Cook are better for us than Bynum". It's not a suprise, but it is pathetic.

W