• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

definitive poll: Should Hawks take the Indy deal?

gsuteke

there are 8 days left until Al can officially switch agents. my gut tells me within 24 to 48 hours there will be a deal.

this transaction will affect the Hawks good or bad for years to come.

since this question has the potential to be debated for over a week I will pose it now.

In your opinion should the Hawks take the Indy deal?

trade exception, $3 million / Al Harrington, John Edwards

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Why will this trade affect us for years to come?

Al only played for us for 2 years after being acquired from a $ small investment in Jax.

Anyways, unless the Lakers give us a better offer, do the deal. I'm tired of this.

Quote:

Quote:

Why will this trade affect us for years to come?

Al only played for us for 2 years after being acquired from a $ small investment in Jax.

Anyways, unless the Lakers give us a better offer, do the deal. I'm tired of this.

it matters plenty long term. if nothing else due to which team we trade with affecting the position of the 1st rounder. Where did we get Smoove, 17? which brings me to....

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Were getting a 1st rounder too right? You left that off

damn i can't do anything right.

Harrington/Edwards for TE, 3 million, lotto protected 1st.

No, I wouldn't do it. You are giving a 19ppg 7rpg player for a mid first round pick and 3 million.

The Hawks will take it because the Sprit is trying to operate on the cheap!

If the Hawks can get Mihm or Bynum from LA i would rather take that deal.

Mihm is better than Lo and has legit center size. And since they haven't actually signed Lo I think a Al-Mihm trade makes sense.

A Mihm/Zaza center combo isn't great but I would say it is at least better than average. And I don't like the Hawks chances of landing a quality center down the road if they don't get one now.

Quote:

Quote:

damn i can't do anything right.

At least I'm not the only one who feels this way.

easy now

I also vote no.

my reasoning is Billy has done a good job this summer tying up the loose ends. this team is poised to compete for a playoff spot if not this year then next.

trading Al Harrington to Indy for this deal does not make us any stronger on the court for 2 years.

it does however considerably strengthen Indy and we are directly competing with them neck and neck at this juncture if you remove Harrington from the equation.

if all is equal Billy should trade Al out West.

Quote:

...Mihm is better than Lo and has legit center size. And since they haven't actually signed Lo I think a Al-Mihm trade makes sense.

A Mihm/Zaza center combo isn't great but I would say it is at least better than average. And I don't like the Hawks chances of landing a quality center down the road if they don't get one now.

Agreed - if we have that chance take that direction. We did get JS at the 17 or so spot - but there are absolutely no guarrentees, and there and no more HSer's to gamble on.

Besides, forget the gambling and get the best we can now and see how we do.

• Moderators

Quote:

Agreed - if we have that chance take that direction. We did get JS at the 17 or so spot - but there are absolutely no guarrentees, and there and no more HSer's to gamble on.

Remember, though, that is was a senior college POY in Jameer Nelson that went later thatn JS. Those picks have value even when there aren't HSers to gamble on. Just think back to many guys like Gilbert Arenas, Mark Price, etc.

Quote:

Quote:

Remember, though, that is was a senior college POY in Jameer Nelson that went later thatn JS. Those picks have value even when there aren't HSers to gamble on. Just think back to many guys like Gilbert Arenas, Mark Price, etc.

With Al on the Pacers we'd likely be receiving a pick around #18.

would you rather have a pick at #18 or a pick from another team at let's say #21 (LAL?) and finish ahead of Indy for the next 2 years?

Quote:

No we can't use it. I'm just f**king with hawksfanatic. He's such a hothead.

Thats pretty lame to go out of your way to insult someone, especially since I didn't post on the thread.

And its good to see people are more informed about the TPE now than when it was first reported.

I'm just ribbing you, dude. You take me waaaaaaaay to seriously. I even said i was F-ing with you.

BTW, I never was under the impression that the TPE could be traded. You may not remember this, but there was a debate like this years ago over another team's TPE and whether we could acquire it. I forget which team.