• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The board hate rolls on...

Diesel

• Premium Member

The thing that I don't miss about JT was the fact that he couldn't run the offense. Really, he just couldn't and didn't want to. I don't think he would have been a really good fit with JJ either. I say that because I think his relations with JJ would be similar to how they were with Jim Jackson. Jackson was a guard who could handle the ball and shoot (similar to JJ but not as good). What happened is that Jackson would bring the ball up and JT would go and sit in his favorite spot and wait for somebody to swing the ball to him. Meanwhile, we'd have Lo Wright/Deke waiting for the ball and not getting it. I think all the time we had JT, his best match was Toni Kukoc. Toni was a very good match for JT because Toni did more than just handle the ball, he could run the offense from the forward position and get everybody involved.I like JJ but I don't see him as being a guy capable of running the offense. I think he needs a PG who is more than just a SG in disguise but he needs a guy who can bring the ball up the floor and either run the offense or become part of the offenses motion. I think Speedy is going to be a great compliment to JJ.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Time for the kid gloves to come of. You pretend that you are an expert when in fact your ignorance is apparent in almost every post.

I will ask you a very specific question which I know you will try to dodge but I will ask it anyway to prove a point.

What does Howard do well besides rebound and dunk?

Dang, I'm sorry I didn't know I was talking to a kid, if thats the case you need to respect your elders. LOL!

You should really watch out for the insults. Didn't your mthr alwys tell you tht if you aint got nuthin nice to say then dnt say anythng at all? That's the 3rd or 4th time you have stooped so low. I am doing nothing but debating with you and if you can't handle doing it without any name calling then we can end it after this reply....

I asked you a specific question as well.Please do some research and tell me what Mihm was doing at Dwights age? and sweetie you are the one thats calling me an expert. Nothing I said here:

Howard is a great player, NOW! Will he get even better, YES! For you to sit on this board and try to down play his impact in the league NOW, is astounding. Being able to block shots is a talent. You have to have impecable timing. It's something that a person (Josh) has a 6th sense to do. It's second nature. That does not determine a persons worth or greatness in the league.

Blocking shots is a Ooooh, and Awwww thing. It is also something that a player will have to aquire if he wasn't born with natural shot blocking abilities. is wrong or "unknowing".

I don't see how you can call that ingnorance. The word "ignorance" means unkwnowing. I personlay think that a lot of floks would agree with me on the shot blocking skill being a natural talent.

Now to ansr your question: Howards rebounding skills, & dunking skills are noted. He's a great finisher, he plays the rim well, howard can pass well, and find the open man if his shot aint there. No one ever said that his offesive game was on point other than the points that he gets off of dunking, and put backs from offesive rebounds.

You are being to deep with it dude. Where in the NBA rule books does it say that in order to be a great NBA center you have to be able to block shots, and make your points off of short jump shots? Bottom line is he gets it done.

Howard is the youngest kid EVER to average double doubles. (little education- the other side of that double is an offensive stat Posted Image) youngest player to ever score 20 or more points and pull down 20 or more rebounds in one game. Hell, he's even had a game that I attended this year that he had I think 26 points, and 28 rebounds, or something like that....Seems like he's doing somthing right to me...

Did I dance round you ? enough?

Quote:

I asked you a specific question as well.Please do some research and tell me what Mihm was doing at Dwights age?
Nobody has ever claimed that Mihm was anything but average. If you had a brain that worked you would know that Mihms age has no relevance to the argument.Howards basketball skills, aside from rebounding and dunking, are average. You have said nothing to show otherwise.

Quote:

Dang, I'm sorry I didn't know I was talking to a kid, if thats the case you need to respect your elders
Since you are obviously unfamiliar with the term "kid gloves" and probably wouldn't understand it if i explained it to you I won't even bother trying.

Quote:

howard can pass well, and find the open man if his shot aint there.
Howard averaged a whopping 1.5 assists compared to 2.65 turnovers. He is a regular Brad Miller with his passing ability.

Quote:

Did I dance
Yes you did. I knew you wouldn't have an answer. You don't know enough about basketball to answer simple questions. You are much better at emotional rants devoid of any facts or coherence.

Quote:

You think howard is a average player, and I don't. We can settle this once and for all.
Again showing your pathetic reading comprehension. I never said he was an average player. Not once.I just said he wasn't a great player, yet. Take away his rebounding and dunking and the rest of his game is average. However the fact that he leads the league in rebounding and is a force inside does make him a very good player.

Quote:

Quote:

You think howard is a average player, and I don't. We can settle this once and for all.

Again showing your pathetic reading comprehension. I never said he was an average player. Not once.

I just said he wasn't a great player, yet. Take away his rebounding and dunking and the rest of his game is average. However the fact that he leads the league in rebounding and is a force inside does make him a very good player.

In other words he is being overrated here. He may be great one day but isn't now.

My bad, your right....but I'm a little confused here.

However the fact that he leads the league in rebounding and is a force inside does make him a very good player.

so he is a great player???? Posted ImagePosted Image

Very (definition= In a high degree, absolutely, extremely)

Good (synonym for good is Great)

I just said he wasn't a great player, yet

So he isn't a great player???? Posted ImagePosted Image

Very (definition= In a high degree, absolutely, extremely)

Good (synonym for good is Great)

Seems to me like you don't even know what you are saying yourself dude. You are just talking just to be talking....

Take away iversons quickness = ?

Take away KG's dominance = ?

Take away Shaq's pounds = ?

Quote:

Thanks to the nice guy who brought this to my attention you also said this:Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"When you break down his game he is a guy with great size and athleticism but average skills." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Need we go any further??????????
Again your stupidity rears it's ugly head.A persons size and athleticism is part of a players game. Saying a persons skills are average and saying they are an average player are completely different things.A players overall ability is a combination of his size, athleticism and skills. It isn't that complicated.And I am still waiting for one of Howards "skills" that is above average other than rebounding and dunking.

Quote:

I've tried to stay out of this retarted argument, but as a writer you should know that good is not a synonym of great

Yeah maybe you should have stayed out of it cuz, sorry Lascar, but it is. Great is a synonym of good:

Main Entry: good

Part of Speech: adjective 1

Definition: pleasant

Synonyms: acceptable, ace*, admirable, agreeable, bully*, capital, choice, commendable, congenial, crack*, deluxe, excellent, exceptional, favorable, first-class, first-rate, gnarly*, gratifying, great , honorable, marvelous, neato, nice, pleasing, positive, precious, prime, rad*, recherché, reputable, satisfactory, satisfying, select, shipshape*, sound, spanking*, splendid, sterling, stupendous, super, superb, superior, tip-top*, valuable, welcome, wonderful

Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.2.1)

Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

average size + average athleticism + average skills = average playeraverage size + average athleticism + great skills = above average playergreat size + great athleticism + average skills = above average playerI hope this isn't too complicated for you. Howard would fall into the last catagory in case you couldn't figure it out.