• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL Spirit is Running the team on the cheap!!

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Quote:

Makes sense. It's sad, wonder what we could have got for Al if we had no money limitations.

Someone commented on the JJ move saying we had to pay him $20 million to reach the minimum salary requirement. That is not my understanding of the situation. We paid him 20 million, and only $12 went towards the salary cap. We aggre$ively went for JJ, pulled out all the stops. There was nothing cheap about that move.

The Hawks' owners spent $50M on the the players' wages last season, so the tightening of the wallets has been more recent IMHO.

it would be a wet dream to get kg here, but just that-a dream. unless the hawks make one of the most unheard of turnarounds in history, kg will not want to come here. he wants to win, now, which is why he would opt out of his contract. minny gave him a boat load of money, and they didn't win, and now he realizes the money alone won't make him happy. unless the hawks make it into at least the second round of the playoffs and show up well, there is no way he would want to jump ship from playing for a mediocre team for a lot of money to another mediocre team for a lot of money. more than likely he will take a lot less to be on a seriously contending team, much like the mailman did with the lakers, or the miami aging all stars.

• Premium Member

I think it really depends on how we look. Minny is doing nothing to be competitive. Only drafting well is not enough. I think if you consider Smoove, Marvin, KG, and JJ... that's a very formidible group. However, it depends on what kind of year we have.