• Raised $390 of $700 target

A piece of the Harrington Article

BBallPrincess

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a lame thread. Too much effort without enough (any?) payoff. English teacher here, with a specialty in writing. My take on the errors on the site--let 'em go if you can understand what's being said. It's not a literary forum (despite the occasional nice touches). I would hope an aspiring journalist would have a better command of even informal English, but that's for her editor, not us. I wish those "prescriptive grammarians" (silly adherence to often outdated rules) here would give it a rest. I don't see the critics here going after anyone else's errors. It seems like a bit of a personal attack on the Princess. If you allege that her quality of writing undercuts her credibility, then let's start after everyone, because good writing reflects good thinking and vice versa, The only time I've ever offered an opinion was when KB didn't explain the difference between "invalid" (a person) and "invalid" (having no validity) and used the board's supposed ignorance as a boost to his alleged linguistic superiorty. I vowed I wasn't going to post until the Al deal was done, but that could be . . . well, who knows?

Quote:

most baller- that which shows evidence of being successful or prosperous

Thanks. The only times I have heard the word baller used it was used as a noun, like "JJ is a baller".

Having played so many hours on the court when I was the only white guy in sight I thought I had heard all the ebonics lingo. I have even had guys call me n* word although I am sure they probably didn't even realize they said it.

Learned something new today.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think I'd call it anything great but you are free to use it!

Don't be such a pushover. You should charge him at least a buck per usage.

Thing is that it is really more chair than great. Frankly, anyone is can use of of my chair quotes.