• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou reporting trade officially done

lifelong

• Premium Member

If we got rid of Edwards and got a 2007 first unprotected... I'm not as mad.

If we got rid of Edwards and got a protected 2007 first.. I'm like what's the purpose.

If we got rid of Edwards and got a 2008 pick.. I'm like DAMN!!!

Anything else is a simple FU.

Seems like my non inside info came out to be true. Especialy the part about Al heading out to indy tomorrow. I also said that the deal was done this afternoon, and that the announcement would be coming soon. Though vague, it still was true. But I'm glad a more reliable source came through with the same regurgitation from ESPN.com 14 hours ago....... laugh.gif

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/419...s_finally_done/

The Deal Is Finally Done

22nd August, 2006 - 6:02 pm

Press Release - The Atlanta Hawks have acquired a 2007 first-round draft pick from the Indiana Pacers , as part of a sign-and-trade transaction that sends Al Harrington, along with John Edwards, to Indiana, according to Executive Vice President/General Manager Billy Knight.

“We feel this move brings us valuable assets, including additional salary cap flexibility as we move forward,” Knight said. “When Al came to us, he brought a winning attitude to our franchise and he always put the team first. We are certainly in a better position now having had Al as a member of the Hawks.

“I appreciate the hard work and leadership that Al brought to our team, both on and off the court,” Knight continued, “as well as for John’s contributions for us last season. We wish them both wel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Pacers are lock for the playoffs. This is good for us. We will get the pick. Thank goodness the East is still weak.

The Hawks need a center or a PG with upside. It's the perfect draft to be looking for that, if everyone comes out that's expected to.

Yi Jianlian? Ron Steele? Spencer Hawes?

i know something is better than nothing, but......if it isn't a high pick, isn't everyone else getting as great or likely better prospects as the hawks? it keeps us treading water, but not so much improving ourselves when compared to our compitition. i know bk could possibly trade up somehow (though it seems he hasn't had much luck doing that in the past, i recall a few instances they mentioned they tried to do that and were unsuccessful). he does like to go out on a limb and draft someone much higher than anyone else projects them to go, so he may find another josh smith, but he may find another sheldon williams (admittedly, he's unproven as of yet.)

I agree...we just gave our 2nd best player away for peanuts. A mid first round pick is again is going to take two to three years to become the player that we want them to be.

I thought we would address a need (Center) with Al as that trade piece.

One 1st round pick is not enough for a talent like Al.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Pacers are lock for the playoffs. This is good for us. We will get the pick. Thank goodness the East is still weak.

We don't win if Indy isn't a playoff team (pick lotto protected) or if they do (they beat us to get there) we just made the East a little stronger for years to come.

I think this is a very poor deal. NOBODY can argue we couldn't have gotten AT LEAST that much at the deadline without this shameful headache. I'm glad it's over (if it's over) but our returns on the wait are poor.

W