• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Duckett traded, Grady Jackson signed

chillzatl

That defense needed a player like Grady Jackson to make it all work.

The Duckett situation could blow up in our face, but I think you have to take a chance with things like this. For all of Duckett's failures in short yardage situations, he did have a nose for the end zone.

Nice move on the Jackson signing! I just read about it last night and he definitely fits the bill for the big body we could use on the DL.

And I'm hoping we look for a veteran at the RB position so we don't have to rely on a rookie RB as Dunn's primary backup. As fast as Norwood is, he needs to get up to speed with NFL defenses before he can be a steady producer.

The Falcons are going to use Griffin in short yardage situations. Duckett was too stiff and too straight up when he ran. I watched a lot of Ron Dayne while I lived in Connecticut, and Duckett runs just like Dayne, which isn't a good thing.

Lelie, eh, not real happy with him. Would rather had gone after Porter, but who knows if that was even a realistic option.

Jackson should help if he has anything left in the tank. I wouldn't mind if the Falcons can get another space eater.

• Premium Member

Lelie is much cheaper than Porter. We swapped one year rental players and hopefully Lelis can hold down the #3 wideout position.

I love the signing of Grady Jackson. The DL needed a big fattie in front of our playmaking LBs and we got that.

• Premium Member

This could be the best D line in football now. All Grady needs to do is take up space and absorb blockers in the running game. That's it. We can bring in Babs off the bench on passing situations to compliment the other 3 10+ sack guys.

Hartwell may actually get to show if he was worth the money or not.

Don't forget, Hartwell was coming from a Baltimore team that was still running the 3-4 (I think) when he left. That's a pretty big change in schemes but now that we have Jackson, as long as he's effective the rest of the front 7 should be effectie as well. In fact I remember Ray Lewis was crying to have a Sam Adams type of DT in front of him and we seem to have that in Jackson.

I was really impressed tonight with how many play makers we have. It is not just Vick, but Norwood has amazing speed. Crumpler, multiple guys on the D line, Hall at corner. So many guys who can step up and make big plays. Bery interesting and will translate in take aways and better field position. If it comes together for them, they could go deep into the playoffs.