Hawks exercise contracts on Josh, Josh and Marvin

Swatguy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SF - Marvin (25) + Smoove (10) + Chill (13) = 48

PF - Smoove (25) + Sheldon (15) + Marvin (8) = 48

We both know that won't happen. After the way Smoove played after the All-Star break it is a safe bet that he will get more than 10 minutes per game at the 3.

And Shelden will get every opportunity to get the majority of the minutes at the 4. That is what they drafted him for.

Chill played a lot better last year but he is slower, smaller, weaker and a worse defender than MW and JS. Unless something radical happens during the season he is the odd man out.

Personally, I agree that Smoove demonstrated an ability to play the 3 and deserves to get the majority of the minutes there. That said, if the organization really is high on Marvin they have to fit him in somewhere and he seems like a natural small forward.

The key here is which (Smoove,Marvin) will play post defense. If marvin can man the post defensively, both will play together. If Marvin cannot, Shell will get more minutes. Marvin is long and getting bigger so he will soon be a 2-3-4 player. What is noticed is Marvin's handles, he is a monster offensively. In fact both will be.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you guys haven't heard that Jsmoove has bulked up considerably this offseason adding much needed muscle and mass. Marvin is going to start at SF and Jsmoove is starting at PF. I don't understand why you all think Jsmoove can't play PF in the NBA!! The guy blocked 3shots a game last year for petes sake. He is only 20yrs old and is also growing and getting stronger. He can easily play the PF position and will. Sheldon will be coming off the bench to play PF and some C to provide that interior D we were missing every game last year. Chill can backup Marvin at SF as well. We have at least one solid player to backup our starters at every position.

Quote:

I guess you guys haven't heard that Jsmoove has bulked up considerably this offseason adding much needed muscle and mass. Marvin is going to start at SF and Jsmoove is starting at PF. I don't understand why you all think Jsmoove can't play PF in the NBA!! The guy blocked 3shots a game last year for petes sake. He is only 20yrs old and is also growing and getting stronger. He can easily play the PF position and will. Sheldon will be coming off the bench to play PF and some C to provide that interior D we were missing every game last year. Chill can backup Marvin at SF as well. We have at least one solid player to backup our starters at every position.

Shellhead will be our PF. mark the thread.

It'll be interesting to actually see JS and see how much he's actually bulked up (if that is in fact the case and not just wishful thinking by MW-at-3 hopers).

Then again, if JS does want to play the 3, why would he want to get much heavier? He's already strong enough and the added weight would not seem to be that necessary...possibly counter productive at the 3 if it slows him down.

It'll be interesting to see - since if he does come back with 15 lbs of new muscle, one would have to think he's looking at playing the 4 (at least some). Personally, I would have thought he would use the off-season to work on his outside shot further and finishing around the basket and defensive footwork...we will see I suppose.