• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nice Article

Swatguy

• Premium Member

Who wrote that? KB?

I'm hopeful but not as optimistic as the writer. One big point... With Chillz/Smoove, why do you take Marvin over Paul. I've asked that for a year now... All I hear is "Marvin has so much potential"... Well, Potential don't mean Dogsquat if it is never realized.

Quote:

Who wrote that? KB?

I'm hopeful but not as optimistic as the writer. One big point... With Chillz/Smoove, why do you take Marvin over Paul. I've asked that for a year now... All I hear is "Marvin has so much potential"... Well, Potential don't mean Dogsquat if it is never realized.

Marvin has much more to offer than Paul. Simply Marvin's skill set was to high to pass over. It was true then, it is true now.

Chris Paul was not mentioned in the article. Don't highjack the thread.

Quote:

...Marvin has much more to offer than Paul. Simply Marvin's skill set was to high to pass over. It was true then, it is true now...

Well it may turn out that way (the summer league was a positive experience), but really, Marvin's skillset "out-of-the-box" wasn't all that impressive compared to CP. I'm not bashing him - he has a good chance at becoming an excellent SF, but in his first year it showed that his skillset needed work.

• Moderators

Its only fair that someone present the positive possibilities rather than the negative. There is nothing in the article that is any less likely to happen than the opposite view.

I think his point about every player being one of BKs is a good one. I don't expect anyone on this team to be wanting out or creating distractions. I think they all believe this can work and they all believe they'll be given their shot to prove themselves.

We may not be really consistent this year but I don't think teams are going to be looking forward to playing us.

One thing I've noticed about BK. He seems to have charisma and charm. The author sounds like he spent some time with him one on one, and BK convinced him that he is on the verge of something special in ATL.

For a Real GM article it's good, and at least seems like he has talked to some players and the GM. I don't have a problem with it being positive. Our team could be great, who knows.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Simply Marvin's skill set was to high to pass over.

What Skillset is/was that?

The ability to patiently wait for the other team to put in their reserves and to go out and look descent against reserves?

Marvin's skillset is not anything that is so uncommon that we can't find it elsewhere. In fact, I believe that Marvin will have a hard time matching Chillz as a Sf skillsetwise. Moreover, when you have 5 Sfs on the roster, the last thing you want to do is draft another one. It's as if BK said "all these other guys are not better than Marvin"... and you can see from just a quick glance at what Diaw did last year, that Marvin's skillset is not at all unique...

Moreover, Paul's skillset.. a pure PG who can score... He's Steve Nash with more speed... In a game where Sfs are dime a dozen and good PGs are hard to find... where the PG is a position that has (probably) the most influence on weather a team wins or loses.. I think we dropped the ball.

Quote:

Quote:

Simply Marvin's skill set was to high to pass over.

The ability to patiently wait for the other team to put in their reserves and to go out and look descent against reserves?

Marvin's skillset is not anything that is so uncommon that we can't find it elsewhere. In fact, I believe that Marvin will have a hard time matching Chillz as a Sf skillsetwise. Moreover, when you have 5 Sfs on the roster, the last thing you want to do is draft another one. It's as if BK said "all these other guys are not better than Marvin"... and you can see from just a quick glance at what Diaw did last year, that Marvin's skillset is not at all unique...

Moreover, Paul's skillset.. a pure PG who can score... He's Steve Nash with more speed... In a game where Sfs are dime a dozen and good PGs are hard to find... where the PG is a position that has (probably) the most influence on weather a team wins or loses.. I think we dropped the ball.

You are still drinking that same whine? Look here, how many "pure point guards" have led there team to an NBA Championship in the Last 15 (FIFETEEN) years? How many? Can you say one, Tony Parker. You can go back to Sam. Well this is a New NBA but defense is still what wins. The Worlds showed Pauls "D". Heck he was so great last season but he did not lead his team to the playoffs.

Drink some "new wine" and enjot the ride.

Hawks baby, enjoy the ride. (stop whining so much).

Yeah Diesel I don't know if your a Hawks fan or not anymore? Quit yapping about Paul. The Hawks are going to rise up this year!! Believe that!! I have no doubt in my mind we will contend for a playoff spot this year with this team!!! I'm really excited and i hope everyone else is too. We finally have some good pieces on this team to contend and if Marvin and Jsmoove explode like I think they will we will all be sipping white wine come playoff time! GO HAWKS!!!!

• Premium Member

What are you... 9 years old?? Seriously.

What exactly is a "real fan"... The guy who walks lock step with the team regardless of what they do?

No... That's the fool.

The "real fan" is the person who wants to see the team do their best. (Period).

You're telling me that the Hawks passing over Chris Paul in a time when our major need was PG was THE BEST THING FOR THE HAWKS?? You were not here Gutzy... But I laid out the "real fan" perspective a long time ago. Actually on Draft night when we picked Marvin over Deron/Paul.

I said for Marvin to be the best pick for the Hawks, he would have to PROVE to be better than Deron, Paul, and Smoove. Right now, there's a very slim chance that he will prove to be better than either of those guys. So, if you are more than just "the fool"... you have to acknowledge the truth and Logic in what I said.. If you are a "Real Fan".. you should also want more than Empty promises and pipe dreams...

You see, I've been a fan of the Hawks for MUCH longer than you. I can tell this from how you talk.

I was a fan through the great money back guarantee.

I was a fan through the Babcock just wait til 1999 (back in 1994) speech.

I was a fan through the promise of Nique, Theus, and Moses.

I was a fan back when Freeman Williams, John Drew, and 1 Million dollars could get you the player who would take us to the championship..

I was a fan back through Fast Eddie Johnson, Tom McMillan, Tree Rollins, and the Monsters called the Hawks.

I dont' go back as far as GMUle... However, I have lived with optimism for the Hawks for Probably longer than you've been alive.

So you can question what I say... BUT question am I a real fan?? That's Gutzy. In fact, it's just plain Stupid. It's like trying to question your daddy's manhood.

• Premium Member

The better question is over the History of the NBA, how many SFs have led their teams to championships.

ONLY 1...

Bird.

Come on give me a break.. If you believe that the Sf position has more impact on the game than the PG position, you've really been drinking the Jesus Juice. Tell Mike, I said Leave the damn children alone!

Quote:

The better question is over the History of the NBA, how many SFs have led their teams to championships.

ONLY 1...

Bird.

Come on give me a break.. If you believe that the Sf position has more impact on the game than the PG position, you've really been drinking the Jesus Juice. Tell Mike, I said Leave the damn children alone!

I did not infer "the Sf position has more impact on the game than the PG". Thats your dumb statement. As far as your insert, "you've really been drinking the Jesus Juice." Do you know him?

The better question is, why do you feel it neccessary to belittle posters? Your Atlanta fan "pedigree" is not special. I had Walt Hazzard as a home guest, knew Zelmo Beatty, dined with Walt Bellemy, had NBA'ers past present and future shooting hoops in my driveway. You see you don't know who you speak of, not me and probably not the Gutzy guy.

Fool is an interesting choice of words in your post considering of your negative bluberrings as if you know it all.

I won't say you are not a fan, but certainly a weak one.

Get outta town clown.

Quote:

The ability to patiently wait for the other team to put in their reserves and to go out and look descent against reserves

you can't seriously be this unintelligent/shortsighted, can you? I would expect this from an uninformed bitter fan of another team, but from someone who follows the Hawks almost obsessively? I seriously think it has gone beyond fandom for you man, and turned into some sick twisted obsession. Get away from the computer for a few weeks, rest up for the season..

Quote:

ONLY 1...

Bird.

We are in a different era, which is being played out on the perimeter, with a lot of 1 on 1 play. As a result the 2 and 3 positions have become a lot more vital than in years past.

Also being a negative fan doesn't make you a better fan either. Especially when the move has been done and over with a year now. Do Blazers fans stil [censored] about missing on MJ? All it really does is make you look like an azzhole.

• Premium Member

please.

Maybe you need to go back to how I defined the fool.

Do you walk lock step with anyone without consideration of what they do??

If so, then that "fool" shoe definitely fits.

Moreover, before you come to Gutzy's rescue, he questioned my fanhood...

Now, I didn't question yours and neither had you questioned mine before now...

But it strikes me as funny that somebody who claims that I don't know him would assume anything about me... Don't you think that the same shoe fits? Your fanhood does nothing to decrease mine...Nothing. So calling me a "weak fan" is pure ignorance on your part.

Finally, your response to what I said earlier about our need for a PG overshadowing our need for a Sf at the time we drafted MW was a diatribe about "what pure PG Led his team to the championship in the last 15 years?" If that isn't some sort of indirect inference to the importance of us picking Marvin then there's more than crumpled up Jesus Juice cans in your driveway where the great Zelmo Beatty once played. You can save the get out of town for Popsy, Ralph Mouth, Richie, and the Fonz... This ain't Milwaukee.