• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andrew Bynum>Marvin Williams

Plainview1981

Even before seeing this kid ever play I had a gut feeling that he will end up being a monster of a center. I know tonight was only one game, but he has the size and athletic ability to be a great player.

When you consider that good SF/PF's come almost a dime a dozen you have to wonder if the Hawks should have traded down to get Bynum.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah this is just stupid comparing a center and a Sf after center had best game in his life 19pts 9reb.

Let's compare Marvins first game against Heat, he had 26 points in about 22 minutes of the bench.

He was 19 too.

Marvin is better than Bynum is he??

I knew somebody like Walter will say that Bynum is good and we should of get him after that game he had last night, but this is way over the line.

Quote:

Yeah because it takes a lot of effort to move Boris Diaw off of the post.

I may be wrong about the Bulls, but I don't think that they can go through the season without the resemblance of a #1 guy. Even the Pistons had Rip Hamilton to go to.

I don't know, they went to the playoffs two straight years without a #1 guy, and if Hinrich keeps up his play like he did in pre-season and the 1st game - He might turn into that guy.

Every time I watch the Bulls it seems clear to me that Hinrich is the franchise player. I guess he didn't care about getting more money than what he signed for.

I really don't think the players care about the money so much as getting paid more than other teammates and players in the league. I always hear players say they should get paid Tayshaun Prince money or Chandler money. It's a symbol that the team thinks they are worth what other players have been paid.

Hinrich's quotes about his salary totally went against that philosophy. He wasn't concerned what other players were getting paid, but he knew he was set for life and could live whatever lifestyle he wanted to.

Quote:

Every time I watch the Bulls it seems clear to me that Hinrich is the franchise player. I guess he didn't care about getting more money than what he signed for.

I really don't think the players care about the money so much as getting paid more than other teammates and players in the league. I always hear players say they should get paid Tayshaun Prince money or Chandler money. It's a symbol that the team thinks they are worth what other players have been paid.

Hinrich's quotes about his salary totally went against that philosophy. He wasn't concerned what other players were getting paid, but he knew he was set for life and could live whatever lifestyle he wanted to.

According to reports (Chris Sheridan ESPN), his salary also decreases each year (unusual for a player his age). He gets paid the most in year 1 and it decreases each year until year 4. This will allow the Bulls to continue handing out extensions to their young players and resign Nocioni without having to go over the luxury tax.

Kirk gets his money either way, but it was nice gesture for him to make. Not many players would be willing to have the money be the lowest in the year they enter FA. He seems like he is a real stand up kid - and its nice to see him playing so well. I couldn't be happier that he is the face of the franchise.

Quote:

i don't think that is true.

he starts in the 7 million range and ends up making in the 11 range at the end of the deal.

I thought the same thing as mudder when I first read the article - then I re-read it and realized that it was just written oddly - and it does go from 7+ to 11+.

Chances are, if Hinrich stays healthy and keeps sharp, this won't be his last big contract. Good thing we got Speedy when we did.

Quote:

he starts in the 7 million range and ends up making in the 11 range at the end of the deal.

Yeah, two different sources are reporting two different things. Chicago Trib is reporting increasing salaries, while ESPN is reporting decreasing

Quote:

league sources on Tuesday saying that the Kansas product has agreed to a five-year deal worth $47.5 million. The extension kicks in for the 2007-08 season and is front-loaded, with the first year paying approximately $11.42 million and then tailing off to about $7.8 million in the final year. The structure offers the Bulls financial flexibility in coming years when Andres Nocioni, Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are due new contracts.

Oh, just checked the Tribune site and they are reporting the same thing, that the contract is front-loaded with decreases each year.

Chicago Tribune Article

Quote:

Quote:

I thought the same thing as mudder when I first read the article - then I re-read it and realized that it was just written oddly - and it does go from 7+ to 11+.

Chances are, if Hinrich stays healthy and keeps sharp, this won't be his last big contract. Good thing we got Speedy when we did.

I'm not the biggest Speedy fan, but it looks like he was a good pickup, there do not appear to be any good PG FA's next year.

Quote:

I think he perhaps signed a front loaded deal, similar to JJ. On paper it's the same total amount paid out, but if you get $4 million today it's worth more now than in 5 years.

• Premium Member

Another brilliant move by Paxson to frontload the deal.

Quote:

I'm not the biggest Speedy fan, but it looks like he was a good pickup, there do not appear to be any good PG FA's next year.

Agreed. The best PG's available (Bibby, Billups) are aging veterans who would have to leave playoff teams to come to the Hawks.

Also, Claxton's contract is decreasing. After this season, he will earn 3 years, $17M. That's the same deal as Bobby Jackson IIRC, and cheaper than Earl Watson.