Andrew Bynum>Marvin Williams

Plainview1981

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The main limits to Zaza's game right now is his bad passes and unwillingness to shoot the jumper from the elbow. Other than that (and his D to some extent), he has been VERY good for this Hawks team. With Marvin out, he is our 2nd most reliable player. JChill has to be third.

• Premium Member

I don't know. That is a toss up. Zaza is playing like he wants to be an All-Start center sooner rather than later. And those are very rare. But it is nice to see both of those guys putting in the work it takes to make them better. That is what worries me about Smoove the most. He seems like the only guy on the team so far who has not made any marked improvements over last season (well, maybe Ivey, Salim, and Batman but they don't play much).

Getting Marvin back will be huge for us. It will boost the team's morale and if we already are around .500 other teams will need to look out. I really believe we are going to be good this year. We just need to run more.

Quote:

Even before seeing this kid ever play I had a gut feeling that he will end up being a monster of a center. I know tonight was only one game, but he has the size and athletic ability to be a great player.

When you consider that good SF/PF's come almost a dime a dozen you have to wonder if the Hawks should have traded down to get Bynum.

LOL . . . the one-game typical overreaction from the posters on these boards.

Bynum has a monster game against a team that has consistently proven that they can't defend even bad post players, and people want to anoint him as being a great player.

Bynum isn't even as good as ZaZa yet. Hopefully, the kid will continue to improve as the season and years go along.

LOL . . but Bynum may not even be the starter for the Lakers, once Kwame and Mihm come back into the mix.

LOL . . and what does that say about Saer Sene? Bynum got him in early foul trouble, and Sene was gone very quickly. Then, Bynym got to go up against the likes of Danny Fortson, who is a full 4 - 5 inches shorter than him.

Trade down to get Bynum, but pass up Marvin and/or Paul?

Good Lord man.

Quote:

No way he will never be better than Marvin, Marvis is going to be a star in this league for sure he has already shown he has the tools to dominate. Bynum has one good game and he's a young Shaq please it's not gonna happen.

I wouldn't say its not gonna happen. I think Marvin will be better, but that doesn't mean Bynum won't be damn good. I see marvin as the second coming of C-webb, minus the injury, and with a better J. Bynum could end up as a real beast, a la Alonzo Mourning.

• Premium Member

There's no possible way any of us know for sure what these players are going to be. I remember when Damon Stoudamire was ROY for the Raptors and everyone on the NBA planet was annoiting him the "next Zeke" and he never came close to that.

I wish we could have put together a package with Harrington to get Bynum if he was indeed out on the table this summer. But it wouldn't surprise me if he never was. Kupcheck loves the kid and while Jackson has never liked the pick they aren't going to give up on him on his rookie contract.

Quote:

...But it wouldn't surprise me if he never was. Kupcheck loves the kid and while Jackson has never liked the pick they aren't going to give up on him on his rookie contract.

I think you are right Sothron...they would have wanted more. Still...it would have been a great deal if we could have gotten it...sometimes you need to win on these deals.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I would have included Chill with Harrington if need be in order to get Bynum. I just don't know if the reports out of LA about his availability were really true or not.

A Chill/Harrington deal for Bynum/filler would have been at least one Kupcake had to look at and Phil and Kobe would have certainly been on board. I thought that regardless you make the offer and you quietly leak it and then tacidly deny it. Make the Lakers (meaning Kupcake alone) publically turn such a deal if they were going to. The fans would have wanted it and to turn it down would have stunk a little. Kupcake isn't in the best of positions to go alienating Kobe, Phil, A-N-D Laker fans.

Of course that's changed now because we passed on a perfect storm opportunity and Bynum is blowing up early.

W

There is one absolute reason why that deal would not have been done. The ownership mandated that we not take on ANY additional salary in a deal for Harrington. If that is the case how would this deal have gotten done?

I know you'll never be convinced, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I would have included Chill with Harrington if need be in order to get Bynum. I just don't know if the reports out of LA about his availability were really true or not.

A Chill/Harrington deal for Bynum/filler would have been at least one Kupcake had to look at and Phil and Kobe would have certainly been on board. I thought that regardless you make the offer and you quietly leak it and then tacidly deny it. Make the Lakers (meaning Kupcake alone) publically turn such a deal if they were going to. The fans would have wanted it and to turn it down would have stunk a little. Kupcake isn't in the best of positions to go alienating Kobe, Phil, A-N-D Laker fans.

Of course that's changed now because we passed on a perfect storm opportunity and Bynum is blowing up early.

W

How do you know we didn't try enough to get him?

How do you know Lakers didn't say he's off the table?

How do you know they didn't expect great things from him this year?

Are you psychic?

Quote:

There is one absolute reason why that deal would not have been done. The ownership mandated that we not take on ANY additional salary in a deal for Harrington. If that is the case how would this deal have gotten done?

I know you'll never be convinced, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Indy didn't have a player of Bynum's potential, who fit this team, or who had a one year deal. The Lakers were full of the later in Cook, Mckie at least and a 3rd team could have been included regardless. But of course, too many here are content with making excuses for BK.

I know you will never be convinced a team can't wait for deals to come to them on a platter. One MUST make deals happen just like one must make their own good luck.

W

Quote:

How do you know we didn't try enough to get him?

How do you know Lakers didn't say he's off the table?

How do you know they didn't expect great things from him this year?

Are you psychic?

Because a deal offer of Chill and Harrington for Bynum in the largest-2nd largest media market in the US would have become public. Any offer less than Chill and Harrington wouldn't have been "enough", but there is a FAR, F-A-R lesser chance that absolutely no word about such a large deal would have not come out of LA had it even been discussed.

I don't KNOW with whatever degree of certainty you want that the earth is round. I haven't walked it myself. It always looks like a circle, not a sphere to me. Skepticism is wonderful and all, but at some point you have to accept that it's wonder isn't cover for a sorry GM.

W