• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts on the game

Plainview1981

-Smoove should be traded. I know he's not going to play this badly all year, but he hasn't developed since his rookie year and his play is too soft.

-Another scorer is needed. Joe Johnson will completely wear down if this continues.

-The defense has been outstanding. The players have gotten after it and have look very alert.

-Speedy isn't that good. Didn't think he was. yes, he had steals, but they came off some boneheaded Orlando play today.

-Joe and ZaZa have both been great... Childress has also. More is needed from Shelden Williams though.

I still think the Hawks will win around 32 games, but if they play defense as good as they have the first 3 games, I;ll be more than happy this year. It's nice to see such great efforts on defense so far.

I think I'm more happy with the effort than I am the wins themselves.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

You are not the coach, we won the game so be bappy. I guess

Smoove has to score 25 points for it to not be called a bad game, He had a double -double and , 4 blocks pretty good game regardless of the garbage you type.

He played ball like a girl. Last time I seen him he was dunking on people. Now he's taking shots that he doesn't have the ability to make.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Smoove has to score 25 points for it to not be called a bad game, He had a double -double and , 4 blocks pretty good game regardless of the garbage you type.

No Smoove will not be traded! He was a big part of the defensive effort. Everyone wants to judge this team's offense based on the 1st three games but this team has not played together yet. Claxton was out with a broken hand the entire preseason so he could shoot or practise with the team so give them some time please!!! Marvin William hasn't played. Smoove I guess will continue to take that jump shot but if he gets in there and mixes it up on defense like he did tonight, I can live with it.

Quote:

Quote:

No Smoove will not be traded! He was a big part of the defensive effort. Everyone wants to judge this team's offense based on the 1st three games but this team has not played together yet. Claxton was out with a broken hand the entire preseason so he could shoot or practise with the team so give them some time please!!! Marvin William hasn't played. Smoove I guess will continue to take that jump shot but if he gets in there and mixes it up on defense like he did tonight, I can live with it.

They'll be times when you got to score to win. Smoove is unable to provide there and hurts the team because of all his jumpshots he misses. I don't see how anybody can defend his Antonie Walker type play.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They'll be times when you got to score to win. Smoove is unable to provide there and hurts the team because of all his jumpshots he misses. I don't see how anybody can defend his Antonie Walker type play.

Smoove is nothing like Walker! What are you talking about??? Smoove took 9 shots and Walker averaged taking 20 shots per game. Smoove played good defense and blocked 4 shot in the game. Walker would block 4 shots per month. The team won convincingly be happy!!! Good Grief!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove is nothing like Walker! What are you talking about??? Smoove took 9 shots and Walker averaged taking 20 shots per game. Smoove played good defense and blocked 4 shot in the game. Walker would block 4 shots per month. The team won convincingly be happy!!! Good Grief!!!

The team won... But I try and look at the big picture... Not on a game to game basis.

They are alike...

Smoove:

Good shot blocker/Bad defender

Good passer/Poor ball handler

good athletic ability/fails to use it

questionable desire... Smoove doesn't have much desire

They're the same in that they have hollow games. They offset something really good with a big weakness.

Quote:

Quote:

They'll be times when you got to score to win. Smoove is unable to provide there

he averaged 15/7/4/3 the entire 2nd half of last season...not one week, not one month, but the 2nd HALF of the season

how can u say he can't score?

Those were basically pickup games. The team was playing for nothing and when your a 25 win team the other teams stop takingyour seriousally by March. He didn't do anything the first half of last year. The season is 82 games and not 30 or 40.

Quote:

he was in his SECOND year and was developing

he did that from early February on, not just in March/April

they weren't throwaway games

Yes, they were. There is no pressure in producing after mid season when your a bottom feeder team.

Chillz has shown a better ability to play year round... Why doesn't Smoove only seem effective for half a season?

Smoove is a low percentage shooter and no ball handling skills. There is no reason to believe he'll be a legit scorer this year.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

he was in his SECOND year and was developing

he did that from early February on, not just in March/April

they weren't throwaway games

Yes, they were. There is no pressure in producing after mid season when your a bottom feeder team.

Chillz has shown a better ability to play year round... Why doesn't Smoove only seem effective for half a season?

Smoove is a low percentage shooter and no ball handling skills. There is no reason to believe he'll be a legit scorer this year.

Chillz started out slowly his first two seasons as well.

Isn't Josh Smith 20 years old?? Hasn't his shot DRASTICALLY improved since his rookie year? I'm not talking about a period of 3 games, you know his shot has improved. Wasn't he expected to sit the bench for 3 years when we drafted him?

He gets a double double, 4 blocks and 3 ast, and you're saying he should be traded.. WOW. He's freakin 20, trade him now and he will BLOW up. If he had a good pg he'd be better than K-mart in 2 years.

I'm so happy you're not our GM.

It's funny you say Smith can't start the season off good and Chill does, but Chill has started slow the LAST 2 years. You say you like to look at the big picture but you're judging over THREE GAMES. Quit contradicting yourself.

We're playing great defense, and not even playing that well on offense, we don't have Marvin, Speedy's not playing well, and despite that we are STILL 2-1. I think that's a positive. Once we start meshing we will be even better.

You pessimists kill me, the Hawks are 2-1 and over .500 for the first time in 4 years, and all you can do is ramble on about how horrible this team is. Give yourself a break and be happy for once..