• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts on the game

Plainview1981

I think it is a valid point that Smoove does not have the mindset of a pf, but that is far from a sissy game. I don't think he realizes the power he has in his game. To this point it has been fanesse with a power dunk here or there. The kid is starting to take steps toward playing like a man, give the kid a break.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The initial post just verifies that some people need to start following another sport because they don't know jack about basketball. Smith is an ancient 20 years old and should be a junior in college. The "girl" had a double/double today. He has areas to work on...but I can tell you there are 28 other teams that would love to have him.

A truly idiotic post considering we have played all of 3 games. Shelden Williams is the guy who can't play. Just think of a JJ/Roy backcourt right now. And for those brain surgeons who think you need SWs defense...the kind of defense he plays you don't take with the 5th pick of the draft. Solomon Jones looked better today and he was a 2nd rounder. If BK had not brain farted a couple of early picks this rebuilding would have been completed...and we would be heading to the playoffs this year.

PS...Hotlanta, let me give you who Smith will be just like to help you...think Andre Kirilenko. A guy who fills up a stat sheet but doesn't score 20 a game. AK47 wasn't even close to Smith at the same age. JS will be a 15ppg, 8rpg, 5 assist, 3 blocks. We need more women like him.

Quote:

Shelden Williams is the guy who can't play. Just think of a JJ/Roy backcourt right now. And for those brain surgeons who think you need SWs defense...the kind of defense he plays you don't take with the 5th pick of the draft.

Give Shelden a little credit. He has shown that he has a knack for getting rebounds. I didn't see the Orlando game but I watched the 1st 2games. His offense needs to improve but I think he will get better. He won't be the shotblocker he was in College. I think alot of the players in the league are quicker than what he is use to. He isn't as quick off of his feet as Josh Smith but is better at boxing out under the basket.

No he wasn't worth the 5th pick, but we didn't need another Shooting guard(Brandon Roy). We should have just traded down with Houston or Golden State to Nab Shell head along with another player. I don't see why BK didn't do the rumored 5th pick for the 8thpick & Luther Head. Head would have been a great 3rdstring PG compared to Ivey or Bozeman.

Quote:

The initial post just verifies that some people need to start following another sport because they don't know jack about basketball. Smith is an ancient 20 years old and should be a junior in college. The "girl" had a double/double today. He has areas to work on...but I can tell you there are 28 other teams that would love to have him.

A truly idiotic post considering we have played all of 3 games. Shelden Williams is the guy who can't play. Just think of a JJ/Roy backcourt right now. And for those brain surgeons who think you need SWs defense...the kind of defense he plays you don't take with the 5th pick of the draft. Solomon Jones looked better today and he was a 2nd rounder. If BK had not brain farted a couple of early picks this rebuilding would have been completed...and we would be heading to the playoffs this year.

PS...Hotlanta, let me give you who Smith will be just like to help you...think Andre Kirilenko. A guy who fills up a stat sheet but doesn't score 20 a game. AK47 wasn't even close to Smith at the same age. JS will be a 15ppg, 8rpg, 5 assist, 3 blocks. We need more women like him.

hey Walter I was wondering when you were going to post something now that the Hawks have a winning record!

disclaimer: TexasPete has been found to be a machine programmed by Walter whose sole purpose is to complain about the Hawks in Walter's absence.

I spent most of my post praising and defending Josh Smith and you accuse me of ripping the hawks? That's pretty good. Again, Teke, you just don't get it. Hurling insults at other posters doesn't make you smarter, it just means that you have insecurity issues. You may not agree with Walter's opinions but why do you have to be so condescending? Does it make you feel better being a part of a group that jumps on another person? My guess is you are pretty young because most of your stuff is pretty high school. You were the nerd, right? The message boards give you a chance to throw stones at other posters...and remain unknown. You know...and I know...you would never insult people in your everyday life like you do on here. Because...you know...and I know...you are the type that would get your ass kicked. Right, Teke?

Quote:

Has Roy even recorded an assist this year?

Brandon Roy's stats the 1st three games:

18.3 PPG, 5 APG, 4.3 RPG

Currently Joe Johnson is averaging 5 APG as well. I would take a combination of Joe Johnson and Roy at the guards any day of the week. Add a role playing small Pg (alah Speedy) and I would take that rotation over any in the league today.

In stark comparison, Shelden Williams:

1.3 PPG, 4.7 RPG, and 1 BPG

Yikes.

Quote:

I spent most of my post praising and defending Josh Smith and you accuse me of ripping the hawks? That's pretty good. Again, Teke, you just don't get it. Hurling insults at other posters doesn't make you smarter, it just means that you have insecurity issues. You may not agree with Walter's opinions but why do you have to be so condescending? Does it make you feel better being a part of a group that jumps on another person? My guess is you are pretty young because most of your stuff is pretty high school. You were the nerd, right? The message boards give you a chance to throw stones at other posters...and remain unknown. You know...and I know...you would never insult people in your everyday life like you do on here. Because...you know...and I know...you are the type that would get your ass kicked. Right, Teke?

or i be pullin out my keyboard gat and go blastin' on yo azz....

LOL

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

18.3 PPG, 5 APG, 4.3 RPG

Currently Joe Johnson is averaging 5 APG as well. I would take a combination of Joe Johnson and Roy at the guards any day of the week. Add a role playing small Pg (alah Speedy) and I would take that rotation over any in the league today.

Yikes.

C'mon now, we both know averaging less that one basket a game is worth a #5 pick. That Shellhead is a 23 year old rookie wonder!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

18.3 PPG, 5 APG, 4.3 RPG

Yikes.

C'mon now, we both know averaging less that one basket a game is worth a #5 pick. That Shellhead is a 23 year old rookie wonder!

Blah, get a better argument than the 'three game average' nonsense, please. They exist.

• Premium Member

How about the "Every team in the NBA post draft admitted they had Shellhead as a 13-18 pick?"

How about the "Let's not even work out anyone before the draft because Shellhead was promised he'd be picked by idiot GM?"

How about the "Let's don't even work out SHELLHEAD to see if he can even lift a Big Mac?"

How about the "Let's ignore drafting for need and pass on Paul, Deron Williams and Felton to draft Marvin? And then next year we'll draft for "need" over many more talented players?"

How about the "We could have traded down and still gotten a 23 year old rookie who can't even average a BASKET in real games?"

Are those arguments more to your liking? I mean, I can keep going but I think they speak for themselves.

Quote:

How about the "Every team in the NBA post draft admitted they had Shellhead as a 13-18 pick?"

How about the "Let's not even work out anyone before the draft because Shellhead was promised he'd be picked by idiot GM?"

How about the "Let's don't even work out SHELLHEAD to see if he can even lift a Big Mac?"

How about the "Let's ignore drafting for need and pass on Paul, Deron Williams and Felton to draft Marvin? And then next year we'll draft for "need" over many more talented players?"

How about "That idiot GM and SHELLHEAD along with the rest of the
team
are 2-1 and in first place!"

How about the "We could have traded down and still gotten a 23 year old rookie who can't even average a BASKET in real games?"

Are those arguments more to your liking? I mean, I can keep going but I think they speak for themselves.

Quote:

Blah, get a better argument than the 'three game average' nonsense, please. They exist.

Better arguments exist and many including me have cited them, but the post was a response to Johnny Bravo's blatantly false statement show to be utterly contrary. There was no respectable reason to pass on Roy for SW. Too much talent difference, period. When a guy averaging 5 APG and often running the offense for Portland, especially late in games, gets accused of "not having one assist this season" and not having enough Pg skills to even play the position even next to JJ, the guy making the accusation is marginalized.

Dr.Z, should BK be proven to twice pass on the ROY in consecutive years and trade the MIP as a throw-in, do you think he should be thought of as a good GM, much less keep his job? It would be unprecedented incompetence. Nobody comes remotely close with that sort of track record. You could build a title contending team based upon his mistakes alone.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't sugar coat things! Tell us how you really feel about the Shelden Williams pick.