• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts on the game

Plainview1981

Quote:

Please don't ever compare Shellhead Williams to Kevin Mchale again unless its obvious sarcasm. Shellhead has a long, loooooong way to go before he even remotely compares as a player.

The fact is this. Shelden's role (He even says it) is to rebound and defend..ala Ben Wallace. And before you all laugh at that prospect, check out Wallace's numbers in Orlando and Washington. 4.8 points and 8 rebounds. His best year in Detroit is 9pts 12 rebounds and 3 blocks. I think that Shelden will give us at least that in time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Poster: Yeti

Subject: Re: I think you need to set a standard and stick to it

He's a rookie and has been pushed into the lineup faster than we did Josh or Marvin. So give him some time. I did not like the pick either, but he's a Hawk and lets cut him some slack. Three games is not enough.

Well said. Its the experts who criticised the pick who were the ones declaring that he was NBA ready. He's a rookie, and "NBA ready" doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have the capacity to continue to develop his game.

He should be coming off our bench, let's just hope his increased time and exposure will help advance the learning curve.

He's only taken 10 shots in 3 games, he's not killing our team with bad shots, he already does more little things to help than hurt the team.

Quote:

Quote:

Poster: Yeti

Subject: Re: I think you need to set a standard and stick to it

He's a rookie and has been pushed into the lineup faster than we did Josh or Marvin. So give him some time. I did not like the pick either, but he's a Hawk and lets cut him some slack. Three games is not enough.

Well said. Its the experts who criticised the pick who were the ones declaring that he was NBA ready. He's a rookie, and "NBA ready" doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have the capacity to continue to develop his game.

He should be coming off our bench, let's just hope his increased time and exposure will help advance the learning curve.

He's only taken 10 shots in 3 games, he's not killing our team with bad shots, he already does more little things to help than hurt the team.

I'm impressed. Friday Isaiah tried to unease the rookie with Malik Rose. Shelden handled the assignment and sent Malik back to the bench. He made strong offensive rebounds and should have put a shot back at least twice. Shots of the board will come. he is progressing well.

Did I mention Roy was like Michael Jordan without the gambling habit.

I mean, talk about having utterly NO argument. When you have to resort to comparing SW to two all-time greats just to make an up and under amongst a poor performance sound worthy of a 5th overall pick, you have no argument.

SW has every reason to be humble.

W

So in other words, you aren't going to actually GIVE Shelden a chance. Until he performs well you will just criticize, albeit after 3 games and Shelden is getting Ivey minutes so far. He starts, gets taken out and doesn't go back in, about 15 minutes/game. He is still avg. a block per game, and over 3 blocks per 48 minutes.

It's funny you did that with Childress when we drafted him, you criticized Paul and hyped up Bogut to be GREAT. Bogut seems like a poor man's Zaza at this point. Relax, give him a chance..

I'm not a BK jockrider by any means either but I do realize that him and his scouts know a LOT more than we do about these prospects. Just be happy we're winning, and actually playing defense this year (87 ppg, 1st in the league right now), Shelden does have something to do with it. I know you aren't going to say Zaza is playing great D after all the "No Defense" args you've made about him. Remember that Smoove can "only" block shots, at least from most of y'alls POV. Don't make the case for Lorenzen or Solomon. Shelden has helped out, although maybe not in the box score.

BTW you say players like Shelden are easy to get, WHO could we have acquired to fill the role that Shelden is being developed for?

Wouldn't it be true that Shelden has contributed to ZaZa's terrific start to the season. Taking up some space in the middle, another big body who knows how to play inside. Last year Za was the only man inside and got beat up night after night. Shelden has freed him up and I think there will be lots of good things to come . . . . . . especially when Marvin gets back on the court.

Quote:

Are you stupid? Can you read? I can't even respond to this.

Quote:

Two excellent up and unders. McHale like!

I mean come on. Diesel envokes the name of Bill Russell and you McHale when speaking of SW, and you guys don't want to be called out for it? Come on, man.

I KNOW you're a newbie calling me republican. Take that back. Them's fightin' words.

W

"Two excellent up and unders. McHale like!"

Come on yourself. Do you honestly read the above as someone saying SW is as good as McHale as a player?

Or does it say SW did two (specificly mentioned) moves that reminded the writer of McHale?

I am a freaking foreigner and even I don't have a problem figuring out which was the meaning of that sentence.

Quote:

"Two excellent up and unders. McHale like!"

Come on yourself. Do you honestly read the above as someone saying SW is as good as McHale as a player?

Or does it say SW did two (specificly mentioned) moves that reminded the writer of McHale?

I am a freaking foreigner and even I don't have a problem figuring out which was the meaning of that sentence.

Hahah.. fantastic response! smile.gif I LOLed a bit at "I am a freaking foreigner."

Quote:

The initial post just verifies that some people need to start following another sport because they don't know jack about basketball. Smith is an ancient 20 years old and should be a junior in college. The "girl" had a double/double today. He has areas to work on...but I can tell you there are 28 other teams that would love to have him.

A truly idiotic post considering we have played all of 3 games. Shelden Williams is the guy who can't play. Just think of a JJ/Roy backcourt right now. And for those brain surgeons who think you need SWs defense...the kind of defense he plays you don't take with the 5th pick of the draft. Solomon Jones looked better today and he was a 2nd rounder. If BK had not brain farted a couple of early picks this rebuilding would have been completed...and we would be heading to the playoffs this year.

PS...Hotlanta, let me give you who Smith will be just like to help you...think Andre Kirilenko. A guy who fills up a stat sheet but doesn't score 20 a game. AK47 wasn't even close to Smith at the same age. JS will be a 15ppg, 8rpg, 5 assist, 3 blocks. We need more women like him.

This from the guy that went on and on about the Hawks pick before he ever seen him in a single game.. C'mon now. Smoove doesn't have any heart. That has nothing to do with age.

Quote:

Your a fool about Smith. An absolute fool. I had seen Shelden play about 25 times so you are off base again. Just enjoy the win and watch Smith fill up the stat sheet over the next 10 years.

Smoove will never be a legit option. You can make the age excuse for any player. It's an easy excuse to hide behind. However, having no handles, no heart, no real position, no postup game, no jumpshot is a huge problem regardless of age.

He's a soft player... That's not age. Either your though or your not.... And Smoove is not a tough minded player. That's the way it is no matter if you want to accept it or not.