• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's obvious Lue is better than Speedy

Jackets333

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to give Speedy the benefit of the doubt for now. He almost won 6th man of the year last season for a reason, and it wasn't because he played like he's been playing so far.

The one area where I'm not as willing to give him the benefit of the doubt is in the "can he stay healthy" department, because so far his career has been marred by injuries.

i prefer lue ( did you see after he hit the shot to force overtime, what he said to that guy in the crowd.....loved it "sit your p&^%$ a$$ down)...but speedy is isn't ready yet...u even hear steve smith say he doesn't look himself yet...non the less i was cussing speedy myself tonight....

Lue is perfect for his current role which is an offensive PG off the bench. Speedy will get a lot better and his defense at the start of games helps set the tone. Speedy is a lot better than what he is showing now but his defense is always there whether he is having a good offensive night or not.

Speedy is a MUCH better defender than Lue. But Speedy isn't close to the shooter that Lue is. Speedy is better at breaking down a defense with penetration, although I think Lue might be a better finsher around the basket. I think their passing ability is about equal.

By the way, Speedy sat out the second half of the game with sore knees, so it's really not fair to judge him based on his play tonight. We haven't seen the real Speedy yet, so I'm not concerned about the way he's been playing. But again, I am concerned that he can't stay healthy.

Quote:

Ivey might be better than Speedy too. Great win tonight. We have one of the best players in the league on our team we have a chance to win every night.

*GSUTeke throws yellow flag*

personal foul! unnecessary complaining. 15 yard penalty on Jackets333

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

3-1 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I think we need to give Speedy the benefit of the doubt for now. He almost won 6th man of the year last season for a reason, and it wasn't because he played like he's been playing so far.

The one area where I'm not as willing to give him the benefit of the doubt is in the "can he stay healthy" department, because so far his career has been marred by injuries.

I agree "V". Speedy is not going to be of too much help in the near future until he gets himself pulled together. We need to reset our PG rotation until he does. I see a lot more minutes for Bozeman. I have liked Lue since he got here. He always seems to give maximum effort and leaves it on the floor especially those charges he has taken. I have always had a problem with the Lue haters on this board. I wonder how they can watch the same game I watch and come up with their twisted critism. Does he have a bad game every now and then, of course he does, but he always gives effort and I prefer having him in there with the game on the line. Love those clutch 3 pointers and that tear drop drive was fantastic in todays game.

I don't think we have seen a healthy speedy all year. yes, lue and ivey and anyone is better than speedy with a hurt hand/knees. not making any excuses, but it's hard to play when you can't shoot/run well.

i'd say a healthy speedy is better than lue, and lue is better for us coming off the bench, HOWEVER, speedy being injury-prone is part of the equation. i think the positive hawks fans should be hoping for speedy to get healthy soon, as he obviously makes this team a whole lot better. on the same thought, no reason to rush speedy back until he is really ready to play.

remember our point guard oblivion from last year? give speedy a chance.

Same can be said about all the Speedy detractors. Let's wait until he's had more than 4 games to get himself acclimated to the team. I've said it time and time again and it's obvious here - continuity with a team, the players and the coaches, goes a long way. All you gotta do is look at how long Speedy has been here vs how long Lue has been here.

CB was taking charges all night and looked like a cagey vet at times. CB even hit a big three last night. He has been one of the biggest surprises of the season so far. Should CB continue to show the ability to defend three positions well while also hitting deep jumpers, then Salim's position here is in real jeopardy. CB is clearly taking what would normally be Salim's minutes and I currently don't see any reason why this should change. Thoughts?

• Premium Member

It's a small sample size, I know, but I wanted to point out that Claxton has not been THAT bad, all things considered.

Despite almost nothing offensively, Speedy's +/- is still positive. Once he gets healthy and starts scoring a little more, I think we'll be pleased with his effort.

(His +/- was better than Chris Paul's last year FWIW. Paul's +/- was actually -1.0, while Claxton's was nearly +8. Paul brings more to the table offensively, but defensively Claxton was FAR superior).