• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Hawks vs. Raptors Thread!!!

Wurider05

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Great game tonight by the team. JJ and Smoove were insane and Chill was very productive as well. Bozeman does a great job in harassing the perimeter. I don't know how many offensive fouls we got called on the Raptors but that was extremely well coached (yes, I can admit that) defensive awareness to take those charges. Great game by the good guys. 4-1 is just mind boggling!

Quote:

Quote:

I first got on this site? I was usually the only Al hater. Who else held the opinion that he was an on court cancer?

we had COUNTLESS threads

gsu even had "al harrington = addition by subtraction" in his sig

i said many times i'd rather let him go for nothing than re-sign him

at LEAST half the board held similiar opinion

I'll take credit for the vision to see Al for what he was, a stat stuffer. unfortunately for him I also see him as Shareef Abdur-Rahim type player, in other words someone who never plays on a successful team.

More importantly though I will give you the credit Sir for leading the "Corndog March" which has provided the Atlanta Hawks with the positive karma to win 4 straight.

GO HAWKS!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Smoove playing a very strong game. I think he's getting what it will take for him to take his game to the next level. He's hitting the boards and driving hard to the basket.

That is what I like to hear. About time Smoove plays aggressive like that. In the past he has held himself back by shying away from going above the rim.

Quote:

Great game tonight by the team. JJ and Smoove were insane and Chill was very productive as well. Bozeman does a great job in harassing the perimeter. I don't know how many offensive fouls we got called on the Raptors but that was extremely well coached (yes, I can admit that) defensive awareness to take those charges. Great game by the good guys. 4-1 is just mind boggling!

Wasn't mind boggling to me. I think this could have happened last year if one player wasn't on the court doing so many bad things.

I honestly felt we should be 4-1 at this point. I had the Philly and Cavs games switched.

Let me get this straight. I'm right about BK, Woody, Al, Reef, J.T.. I knew Joe was a leader. I have defended Chill from day one, even with the 8 year old J. But I don't know what I'm talking about with Speedy? Please.

I AGAIN challenge anyone to tell me how Speedy is better than Jacque Vaughn. Jacque wasn't 25 million. Keep that in mind. I play basketball. It's obvious how similar their games are.

i have agreed with u on every point there except for speedy

i defended chill for so long since we drafted him and predicted he would far exceed everyone's expectations this year

i wanted to get rid of jt/sar/al

i defended the jj trade as i knew he was worth it

and i'm not the only one on here that has felt the same...so u aren't alone in your "rightness" like u think u are (except u had the balls to predict 4-1)

and u are judging speedy after 4 games when he isn't in game shape...u aren't gonna predict accurately for long when u jump to conclusions so hastily...did u even see him play last year or in previous years?

I know other people had an idea. When I go play ball though, no one, and I mean no one gives us any respect. No one had any idea what made us bad or how we could get better. The media is the same way. So, we should feel a little proud of our skills as an evaluator. Seriously, who else besides me, you and gsu felt the same about all those guys?

Why are you being such an @$$? Since you did research on how long I've been here, why don't you research the Al threads I encountered when I first got on. The kind of talk I heard forms an opinion. If you all hate Al so much, why aren't you talking about it now. It is a pertinent topic. We're a year behind because of him. All I know is I've seen a lot of apologetic stuff about him. He was almost single-handedly holding the organization back. I really don't want to get into how many people have defended Al with me. It's a lot. I've been posting almost daily since I joined. If you're gonna give me that "I was here when" crap, then go ahead. Yawn. I don't know how old you are but I've been a Hawks fan my whole life. I've lived in Metro Atlanta my whole life. I personally know two other people, TWO, that have a clue about the Hawks. To be honest, it's refreshing to see so many educated opinions on our team but I don't see it with the Al thing. Maybe you all hated so hard that you're tired. We're Hawks fans and the team is playing like we thought they could. Can we just be friends? grin.gif