• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm disappointed.

Diesel

• Admin

it's disappointing, but I'm not upset about it. This team has some fight in it. They were down BIG and Joe was struggling for a while there and they got back in the game. That's something this team wouldn't have done last year. It sucks that we had a lead so close to the end and gave it up, but Redd is no slouch. He put the pressure on us to play good defense AND on the refs to make good calls. It worked out for him perfectly.

Quote:

it's disappointing, but I'm not upset about it. This team has some fight in it. They were down BIG and Joe was struggling for a while there and they got back in the game. That's something this team wouldn't have done last year. It sucks that we had a lead so close to the end and gave it up, but Redd is no slouch. He put the pressure on us to play good defense AND on the refs to make good calls. It worked out for him perfectly.

I was more disappointed with the Seattle loss. I am not getting comfortable with losing but I see the light. Milwaukee is a good team with a good coach. Face it now, no one will roll over and not give us their best effort (except maybe NYK). As good as we have been winning, we are still two starters not available. Marvin will be back and ready soon and Speedy sooner. So we will not play at a 66% clip until we get healthy and roll in full.

It was good seeing Salim get in and deliver the jumper. I might have used Solomon just to give him a taste of a couple of good bigs.

On to Miami.

Our lack of consistant D effort throughout the game and our lack of a true point guard really hurt us in this game. The D effort was great in the third but dropped off after we got the lead early in the 4th. We must learn to give good effort for the entire game to avoid this type of loss. While Lue was great in providing us some offensive punch when we needed it last night, we are hurting because we have no guard (except JJ) who can create for others. Our buckets late in the 4th were simply JJ being terrific one on one but were not based out of any solid offensive plays. I agree with you about Shelden and Lo (and I would add in Chillz who ran out of steam late in the game). The Miami game is actually a big game for us in regards to our confidence.

• Premium Member

I am also disappointed. We gave great defensive effort in the 3rd quarter (that includes Shellhead for those keeping count) and yet we eased up in the 4th. I won't even comment on the refs because they just handed them the game on that last shot. I watched the tape and replay on that seven times and I still don't see where Joe Cool fouled him.

If we want to make that next step into a playoff team then we need to win those kind of games. That makes two out of three losses that we should have won and let slip.

I was looking right at the deciding play and that ref literally stole the game. Stole it. How can a competant ref call that and hand a hard fought game to one team? It was the same numbnut that was screwing the Hawks all night. How is that a coincidence? He was a little putz with long greasy hair. I hope the NBA holds him accountable for that crap call because you have to earn a win in crunch time. If anything you just let them play. He could not have seen a foul because there wasn't one. So, why did the little $%^& blow the whistle?

The Landlord got a lot more playing time last night and pulled down 15rebounds which was very impressive. This guy could be a Carlos Boozer type no doubt because he has some low post moves and a nice outside jumpshot. I think this pick is looking better every game he plays. Two tough losses in a row that we should have won. I still can't believe we blew that game last night up by 10 with like 7min. to go. This one really hurt! I really think we need to come out and win at home on Sat. against Miami. Shaq didn't play for them last night so hopefully he will still be out. All they have is Wade and he can't do it all so we can beat them. Actually we should run that old group out of the gym. Come on Hawks! Keep your heads up! Lets bring Sat. night!

Quote:

Did this man just say lengthy losing streak, cause I'm sorry but 3 games(if we lose to Mia like your saying). I would like to point to last years 2-17 start that is a losing streak. Yes it hurts both games were winable, but we havent been blown out this year and we are missing 2 starters.

i am hoping they keep they're head above water. They're learning that winning style of play and with the youth you worry about a streak of losses(as small as it may be) having an effect on their psyche.

• Premium Member

If anything, that last play, started with a push off by Redd.. and Joe did not foul him.

Like I said, there were about 3 questionable +1s that the refs gave Redd.

That one against JJ, the one against Chillz, and one more... I think that this game was poorly officiated..

But Still... We were up by ten... in what seemed like the longest quarter in the world... We should have won this one. I guess that's one thing we need... Killer... Get up and put teams away!!! Like Most, I'm not upset by the lost, I just had put this game in the victory column too early.

Quote:

If anything, that last play, started with a push off by Redd.. and Joe did not foul him.

Like I said, there were about 3 questionable +1s that the refs gave Redd.

That one against JJ, the one against Chillz, and one more... I think that this game was poorly officiated..

But Still... We were up by ten... in what seemed like the longest quarter in the world... We should have won this one. I guess that's one thing we need... Killer... Get up and put teams away!!! Like Most, I'm not upset by the lost, I just had put this game in the victory column too early.

I understand your want. I believe a Marvin and Speedy will push this team over the hump. I wonder if Este will ever get in uniform. I would have dressed Este before Royal. We could have used him to bump Skinner and Gadzuric a little.